howto?... i need help

in building my kit, i noticed my bicept peices are a bit oval... in the wrong direction... i either need it to be round or oval the other way.. what can i do? i dont want to try the blow torch... my luck i would burn down my house... and my armor... maybe a blow dryer?...

Ditto on the pics...when I first started I though the thigh seams should be facing a certain way and after I was done I noticed one of my thigh seams did not line up. I almost took a dremel to it and then realized I had put the thigh together wrong...there is a correct direction for this stuff. ^_^

holy cow... within 2 hours i have people telling me to post pics... ok ok.. ill get some pics... :D anyway... im at work now so pics will have to wait til i get home... <_< there are some pics of my bicepts on my other thread...

-----

they dont show the problem i have... the glued part faces forward... i have the shim in the back...

lets see if i am putting them on correctly... the curved part goes in my armpit right?... well when i do this and put my arm down to my side... the tricept part pokes way out... thats the best way to describe it with out pics... i can squeeze it with my hands to make it fit more comfortably... ill post pics later today or tonight when i get home... B)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

They can stay the way they are it hink, unless its entirely uncomfortable. The tope will be covered by your shoulder bells, and you can just padd the inside of them with foam to keep them in place. Least thats what I did!

in that case... my shoulder bells will be poking out... i dont know... padding wont do anything because it is already tight on my bicept and the back of my arm... its just feels wrong... like its sqeezing my arm... not painfully but just enough to make it not comfortable... thats the best way i can describe it... i thought about nuking it... maybe that will soffen up the plastic... i will do a test on that... any way thanks for your input Alex...

If you're going to need to re-shape several pieces, I would consider investing in a heat gun. You can't exactly re-shape thigh or fore arm pieces in boiling water effectively. Plus with a heat gun you can at least control the area that you want to flex, versus softening the entire piece of armor. They're really not that expensive (20-30 bucks), and well worth the expense, considering how much you've already spent on the armor itself. Blow dryers just don't have to level of heat needed to do this type of work in a reasonable amount of time or with decent results.

If you're going to need to re-shape several pieces, I would consider investing in a heat gun. You can't exactly re-shape thigh or fore arm pieces in boiling water effectively. Plus with a heat gun you can at least control the area that you want to flex, versus softening the entire piece of armor. They're really not that expensive (20-30 bucks), and well worth the expense, considering how much you've already spent on the armor itself. Blow dryers just don't have to level of heat needed to do this type of work in a reasonable amount of time or with decent results.

What he said

in that case... my shoulder bells will be poking out... i dont know... padding wont do anything because it is already tight on my bicept and the back of my arm... its just feels wrong... like its sqeezing my arm... not painfully but just enough to make it not comfortable... thats the best way i can describe it... i thought about nuking it... maybe that will soffen up the plastic... i will do a test on that... any way thanks for your input Alex...

OK this may seem silly but have you tried it on with your undearmor on? Also, most of us actually attach the bicep to the should bell with a small strap and snap system so the bicep "hangs" there. you could simply slide the bicep down some so it will hang just above the elbow joint. since it will be attached to the should bell when you bend your arm it will just slide up. Also, since your biceps are so big you could just make a bigger shim but before you do that recommend trying it on with the bodysuit. Too often when I was building my armor I would try things on with my normal clothes only to find out it fit differently once I put on the bodysuit.

The last pic you show has my .02 in this direction.

Looks to be that your bicep armor is way oversized on the under side.

Leave the top stock and trim the bottom. Reshaping is going to make things worse IMO.

Remember kits are sent generic, so you will have lots of trimming and sizing to do. It is not snap tight modeling or anything... :D

Ahh... Mesure twice, Cut once Grasshopper...

Post up some progress pics. Love to help a trooper to be!

these are all great replies... thanks for all the advise... i have seen mods with the peice strapped to the shoulder bell and i liked the way that looks and works...i have already shimmed the back so the peice isnt too small on the bottom or top... and i dont have a problem with the peice when i bend my arm... its only when i put my arm down to my side... i have no doubt it will fit better with under armor and when i have other armor peices on... thanks again.. for all the advise...

The last pic you show has my .02 in this direction.

Looks to be that your bicep armor is way oversized on the under side.

Leave the top stock and trim the bottom. Reshaping is going to make things worse IMO.

Remember kits are sent generic, so you will have lots of trimming and sizing to do. It is not snap tight modeling or anything... :D

Ahh... Mesure twice, Cut once Grasshopper...

Post up some progress pics. Love to help a trooper to be!

:0Lighten: after reading this a few times it finally hit me of what you were trying to say... i got it!!... it hit me like a brick wall... duh? why didnt i see this before... trim off at a angle and it will bring in whats poking out... thanks brother... :D

i know what i will be doing this weekend...