Stormtrooper Armor

I've decided to go TK instead of TC because I have more sources and it seems better on that part. I've been to many forums looked at many pictures of stormtroopers and all that. THere was one site I found but decided not to buy their armor because of what people have been telling me about the guy who runs the site. I also ran across this site:

edit

People have told me that their armor is good and would be a good choice. I dar not to get the armor off of ebay though because of how it will turn out. Even so, I wish to know if this is good choice to get armor from because others say it is.

Also,

the stormtrooper boots

black shirt

black pants

Well one person told me about caboots.com to get them because they are authentic and look great. The black shirt someone told me to get a turtle neck as well as the pants but I dont know where to get them any ideas.

And the E-11 blaster and an orange pauldron. I looked on Hasbro.com and figure it would be a good place to get the blaster but first I need to know if theres other sites where I can get a weapon. As well as a pauldron for the trooper. Any ideas guys please help me?

Armor = Talk to Deckard and get a FX lite

Bucket = Get a MR CE ebay

neckseal built into the shirt -TK-4205

Shoes = Caboot

Pants = underarmor

Holster = Tk-8280

correct ab buttons= VaderDave

canvas belt= (states)gundamzeppelin or (uk) Firebladejedi

Will probably run you around the same or maybe less than supplier and be more accurate

We can not post links to armor for sale. Nor can we post want do buy threads.

My best advice is to read every thread regaurding armor. Just about every thing you need to know has been covered.

Well to be honest I was just wondering on where I could get that stuff. I've done a tone of research regarding the armor and all that. I just need to know where I can get boots, weapon, pauldron, and the undersuit? And that link was what I could get. It was a kit that I could possibly buy

1. If you've done a ton of research, I'd presume you know who all the armor makers are, and where to find them? I'm just wondering why you're asking, but not specifying what type of suit your looking for. Also, did you talk to your local garrison yet, and were they helpful?

2. As you know, stormtroopers don't wear pauldrons, so there's no reason to buy one.

3. There is a new boot thread almost every week and this question has been answered at least 20 times. I really encourage you to use the search button, or just browse the appropriate category. 5 minutes of searching could save you 10 minutes of typing.

4. Undersuit - this also has been answered. In fact, if you look at the for sale area I bet you can find a very recent post on tops.

5. Let me state again what "were do I buy armor" threads are against policy. I'd rather not lock or delete posts, and would ask that you respect our forum's rules.

Some stormtroopers in the Legion do which they are allowed to at non-canon events, however it's not part of the costume definition and they shouldn't be wearing them in their Legion photos. That's a bad habit that was allowed for a time, but is strictly speaking shouldn't have been done.

I watched the movies quite a bit and I never saw a single clean TK with a pauldron in any of the OT. :)

Some stormtroopers in the Legion do which they are allowed to at non-canon events, however it's not part of the costume definition and they shouldn't be wearing them in their Legion photos. That's a bad habit that was allowed for a time, but is strictly speaking shouldn't have been done.

I watched the movies quite a bit and I never saw a single clean TK with a pauldron in any of the OT. :)

To someone just starting out, it could be a little confusing because in ANH there are a few TDs who are "cleaner" than your average TD, don't wear a backpack, but do have a pauldron.

That was actually going to be my backup plan should I screw up horribly while assembling my armor.

Just my 2 cents

So I can become a TD with clean armor that does not wear a sandtrooper back pack but has the pauldron? That seems interesting if some people like the sand trooper back pack but it costs a pretty penny if I want to get the stuff to make it.

The 501st is working on a costume reference library that will have standards for every type of costume within the Legion. In the submitted standards for a TD, dirt is listed as a requirement, as is a paldron, proper knee plate, etc. The backpack isn't listed in those proposed standards as a 501st requirement. I'm fairly certain that garrison GMLs would want to see dirt on the armor of a hopeful TD as that seems integral to the nature of the character. But as I'm not a GML I can't speak to that. ;)

Well I bought 2 sets of armor 1 FX to learn on and one set of AP but I'm afraid I won't be able to fit into the AP <_< and when all was done was going to convert my FX into a TD.

That sucks, Steve. :( My AP is almost together and ready to wear. I still need to obtain a canvas belt for it. I've noticed often that this kind of armor is not as forgiving in size as the FX (or RT by the sound of it) and it's taken some tweaking of certain parts in order for them to fit more-or-less comfortably.

So I can become a TD with clean armor that does not wear a sandtrooper back pack but has the pauldron? That seems interesting if some people like the sand trooper back pack but it costs a pretty penny if I want to get the stuff to make it.

Not quite. You can be a Stormtrooper, and Sandtrooper: dirty, backpack, pauldron, and big gun, or a heavy weapons trooper: clean armor, backpack, pauldron, and big gun. There is no option for a clean Stormtrooper with just a pauldron in the 501st. Yes there are troopers with that on their profile picture, but as 501st requirements change members do not have to resubmit profile pictures.

Well I am hoping to get the armor from a maker that my legion told me about. I found a specific site that makes the armor but you have to add the eyes, put the helmet together, and do decals for the helmet and all that. First I plan to get simple stuff such as the under black suit. Someone told me a turtle neck and black pants, the gloves, boots, neck seal, and blaster. And possibly the pauldron then lastly will be the armor. I am hopinh to get a com'link but that will be later on.

Well I am hoping to get the armor from a maker that my legion told me about. I found a specific site that makes the armor but you have to add the eyes, put the helmet together, and do decals for the helmet and all that. First I plan to get simple stuff such as the under black suit. Someone told me a turtle neck and black pants, the gloves, boots, neck seal, and blaster. And possibly the pauldron then lastly will be the armor. I am hopinh to get a com'link but that will be later on.

1) Most helmets do not come assembled unless otherwise stated by the seller.

2) Avoid the turtle neck like the plague unless you live in the arctic and would die without it. theyre too thick and i doubt that you would get 501st approval with one (if anyone has feel free to speak up). Ive found from personal experience that the turtle necks have the tendancy to bunch up and puff out the joints, and the legion standards stare that you need somthing a bit more skin tight. You can find the under armor you need at www.UnderArmour.com . Its really amazing stuff, ive worked with many of their products before and ill say that its worth every penny and you will thank yourself later.

Someone told me of turtle necks that are skin tight. I've actually seen someone who put their armor on with turtle necks.

This guy I believe has one along with using a neck seal for his. He did a good job on his armor and when I do complete mine I will look to him to put the armor on.

However,

could I get under-armor at local stores such as Wal Mart, K-Mart, and Target?

I found these relavent threads you may want to check out that answers this question:

----------

There were plenty more when I tried the search function, but these should get you started.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Thanks guys hopfully I can seek something out. The armor that I am getting will be already made only the fact that I will but setting the helmet and stomach part up myself. I do plan to add a little battle scars to it as well to make it seem like I was in a battle. Here are the peaces that are coming with the package

The FX kit for the armor is what alot of us wear, but consider the kit was sculpted for what seems to be a person 6+ feet tall. The helmet is way oversized for anyone about 5'10". You will definitely have to work the FX suit to fit you, but that is truly 90% of the fun in costuming. That looks like costume junkies work which is what I have, it is a decent start, again contact your GML and get with your local 501st guys. I did lots of research before my first armor but did not expend the energy to seek out more help from my local garrison. I don't recommend you follow my lead on that part. As for the blaster, go to Amazon.com and then get the resin mod kit which can be found on e-bay. The caboots is truly your best option, they may cost $80 but they are accurate.