Is it possible to sit while wearing armor

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I've tried to search and haven't been able to find a definitive answer. As you can imagine I am a newbie and just starting the whole building of armor research and process.

Long story short, I'm going to be building an MTK kit and will obviously want to wear it to my work Halloween costume contest. Will I be able to sit at my desk and work while wearing the armor, or is sitting not a possibility? I have this vision of everyone walking by my cubicle to see a Stormtrooper cranking away on his excel spreadsheets which would be beyond awesome. I just don't know how feasible that would be.

Thanks - Mike

Sometimes people will separate the cod from the rest of the ab plate. The seam is hidden under the belt and might make it easier to sit. I've actually been thinking about doing this. Example here.

Edited by cm325i

On 1/22/2015 at 4:54 AM, Polar said:

Pickles pulled it off though

Hahaha, yes. I was tired of those Scouts always showing off their sittiness. :P  It is pretty hard on the armor though. I don't baby my plastic.

w4JaXSq.jpg

mXCLOSo.jpg

kVjRMTp.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

First of all, I don't like the guys and girls that are able to sit lolll.

But seriously, I think it's the way your armor is buid it that makes you able to sit. With my FX, I could sit very uncomfortably, with my RT-Mod, it's not happening.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've SEEN TKs sit down.

Truth be told (as my armor is only about five months old), I've still been too frightened to try it myself, but I DO have original strapping which is purported to make it easier to do so.  

OMG...  I just had an epiphany!!!  I may be making some very minor alterations to my construction!  :D

nothing special in the construction, just being brave enough to do it and not crying when you find little stress cracks as a result ;)

I don't really mind the stress crack (not that I want them) , but, I just can't do it without hurting myself with my thighs!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

One of our Troops when we visited the Children's Shelter in San Antonio one year:

-------------

- Berbs

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1