Let's see those Helmet Insides !

I am almost complete with building my helmet and now the time comes to select what I want to do with the inside.

I have already finished Gazmosis' Tip with the Plasti Dip and Cheesecloth and I must say, It does finish off the helmet real well.

Now I am debating what to do .. Hardhat Liner ? Star Foam ? Closed Cell Foam ?

I know some of you go nuts with the inside and some just do what is needed to fit to their head so, Let's see how you did yours!

Here is a picture of the inside of mine with the Plasti Dip drying :

zt7hqc6.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

love the motorcycle padding! Ill take a picture of mine tonight. What I used was some closed cell insulation we use on refrigeration pipes. It come sin sheets and you can cut it any size. Its about 3/8" thick. I padded up the ATA nicely with it and it fits like a glove. Have to do it to my MTk but waiting on my fans and dont want that to interfere 

• Like 1

What's the advantage of having Plasti Dip inside the helmet?

Its really just for aesthetics ... It puts some weight to it like a real helmet rather than plastic

Well, I can't tell of any additional weight only by applying that plasti dip spray paint (maybe in combination with other things). But I definitely found some nice side effects:

- No more light can shimmer through the thin vac-formed ABS, which keeps the inside very dark and that makes the green lens look really black.

- It also gets even harder to see the wearer’s eyes behind the lens.

- If you watch the back side of a TK, many times you’ll be able to see straight into the helmet. The black interior then is an advantage. I’ll also use a balaclava for my TK display to avoid seeing any skin or mannequin parts.

• Like 1

Well, I can't tell of any additional weight only by applying that plasti dip spray paint (maybe in combination with other things). But I definitely found some nice side effects:

- No more light can shimmer through the thin vac-formed ABS, which keeps the inside very dark and that makes the green lens look really black.

- It also gets even harder to see the wearer’s eyes behind the lens.

- If you watch the back side of a TK, many times you’ll be able to see straight into the helmet. The black interior then is an advantage. I’ll also use a balaclava for my TK display to avoid seeing any skin or mannequin parts.

I did the PLASTI DIP ( Brush On ) and Cheese Cloth combination and you can definitely feel the denisty change. Makes it feel like a real helmet but not too heavy as to where your neck is hurting by the end of the day.

I'm still working on my build, but have gone as close to screen accurate as I can manage;

----------

Just need to get some of that black putty they used to keep the acetate in :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

Here's mine. Not 100% complete. Evilboy fan kit is installed but you can't see it in this pic. I will be installing an environmental audio system to gain some ground over the fan/air noise.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

On 1/15/2015 at 9:51 AM, 68Brick said:

Here's mine. Not 100% complete. Evilboy fan kit is installed but you can't see it in this pic. I will be installing an environmental audio system to gain some ground over the fan/air noise.

------------

Nice and clean !!

Edited by gmrhodes13

Here is mine. Shure microphone and Echo's fan systems. I know, I have to change my foam lol. 

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

On 1/15/2015 at 10:24 AM, Tolo said:

Here is mine. Shure microphone and Echo's fan systems. I know, I have to change my foam lol. 

What helmet do you have ?

Joe

Edited by gmrhodes13

My EFX, I'll transfer to my ATA once it's finished. Just Velcro, moto helmet liner and Echo's fans. I spray painted the inside of my ATA to give the look without extra weight. Bad back, you know.

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

haha yep! its tight but it fits tight, most of that padding isnt stuck in there. I was just testing out ways to hide wiring last night 

Here's my ATA bucket. I love how this one fits

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

Seeing as how I did indeed do some interior upgrades just last night, this seems like an appropriate place to share them - even though the same ones will be shared in two other spots here within FISD as well. LoL.

Here it the current state of the interior of my bucket:

------------

Straight into the helmet.

----------------

Closer view of the face area.

------------

Looking at the bottom, back of the bucket. I'm going to have to take a new picture without my mic cord interfering with the view of the Echo Fan System bracket for sharing in his sale thread. LoL

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

question, how did or do you screw the fans to the interior? Being that I just stuffed mine in with velcro last night, Id like to make it more permanent so they dont flop out on me. I have the evil boy fans 

Edited by Polartrooper

Ah, if you look a few posts back, you'll see that both Tolo and Charlesnarles have the same fan set up that I do.

It is Echo's Fan Mount System, available in the ongoing sale runs section of the forum. Mine is personalized, so it has my TKID and Forum name on it. Theirs are plain, with an Imperial Cog in the center only.

The fans come mounted on a foam-backed acrylic band with individual switches and battery boxes and fit quite nicely around the bottom of the helmet. My brackets are Velcroed in place.

Edited by Dark CMF
  • Like 1

Ah, if you look a few posts back, you'll see that both Tolo and Charlesnarles have the same fan set up that I do.

It is Echo's Fan Mount System, available in the ongoing sale runs section of the forum. Mine is personalized, so it has my TKID and Forum name on it. Theirs are plain, with an Imperial Cog in the center only.

The fans come mounted on a foam-backed acrylic band with individual switches and battery boxes and fit quite nicely around the bottom of the helmet. My brackets are Velcroed in place.

I have an Echo Fan system on the way as well  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

---------

This inside my cheap 1st go ebay helmet. I am posting this from my phone so hopefully the images shows up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1