Episode 7 Stormtrooper Helmet, WIP

I'm also assuming the new TFA TK will grandfathered into the CRL, EIB and Centurion requirements regardless of what come afterwards?

I'm not sure what you mean by grandfathered.  I've seen nothing about the ANOVOS kit what would prevent it from getting 501st approved.  I think our goal is to have the CRL ready for LMO approval this month.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what you mean by grandfathered.  I've seen nothing about the ANOVOS kit what would prevent it from getting 501st approved.  I think our goal is to have the CRL ready for LMO approval this month.

Well I wasn't concerned about basic approval as I was EIB or Centurion. I just want to make sure as I build this TFA that I'm building it to meet level 3 accuracy. If we haven't established what those requirements will be (I'm assuming we haven't), then those that have already built theirs (pre C7) or like myself in group two will be grandfathered into L3 without having to reconstruct. The reason I ask is I'll wait to start building mine after we've established what L3 will be, I've had two do-over builds and would like to avoid a third. Sorry if I sound OCD.   

Edited by ukswrath

You're talking about Level 2 and 3 of approval while we don't even know if there will be a second Tiers, not even talking about a third, for this armor... Once again, if you want your armor to meet all the possible Tiers to be plausibly created, do research about the originals, mimic it and you should be fine. 

You're talking about Level 2 and 3 of approval while we don't even know if there will be a second Tiers, not even talking about a third, for this armor... Once again, if you want your armor to meet all the possible Tiers to be plausibly created, do research about the originals, mimic it and you should be fine. 

Germain do you actually read my post or do you just like to throw some random response out there? 

Well I wasn't concerned about basic approval as I was EIB or Centurion. I just want to make sure as I build this TFA that I'm building it to meet level 3 accuracy. If we haven't established what those requirements will be (I'm assuming we haven't), then those that have already built theirs (pre C7) or like myself in group two will be grandfathered into L3 without having to reconstruct. The reason I ask is I'll wait to start building mine after we've established what L3 will be, I've had two do-over builds and would like to avoid a third. Sorry if I sound OCD.

Sorry brother but I disagree why would the or initial people be granted CENTURION ? Just because they won the lotto doesn't mean their suit is accurate from what I've seen and heard people used the gaskets and didn't some had the suits re sprayed professionally some didn't. Also we haven't seen enough stuff to warrant that. I'm all for a CRL but giving level 3 just because you won the luck of the draw is bullshucks

2F8AE28A-46B2-4CEA-A98D-B3AF0AD9CC2C_zps

• Like 1

Well, to be clear, i don't see any reason to grandfather a level 2 or 3 to an armor that doesn't meet the requirements only because the person built it ahead of everyone else. Being wrong before anyone else doesn't make you right either.

• Like 6

Sorry brother but I disagree why would the or initial people be granted CENTURION ? Just because they won the lotto doesn't mean their suit is accurate from what I've seen and heard people used the gaskets and didn't some had the suits re sprayed professionally some didn't. Also we haven't seen enough stuff to warrant that. I'm all for a CRL but giving level 3 just because you won the luck of the draw is bullshucks

I guess my point is not being understood. If there will eventually be L2 and L3 for the TFA, would it be wise to build it now and possibly have to redo it or wait, unless those who have them now are given a pass?

I guess my point is not being understood. If there will eventually be L2 and L3 for the TFA, would it be wise to build it now and possibly have to redo it or wait, unless those who have them now are given a pass?

I understood you brother. But why would they be given a pass?. If your end goal is level 3 I'd say wait till that CRL was completed. That being said I would see the issues for level 3 being more sources and material to judge on. All we are going off of is the built tfa that was at C7 and the originals who won the lotto to build it. Unless they were privy to other materials to help source the build we don't know about its kind of hard at this point to have level 2 or 3 as the original trilogy took a while to develop even with the mass amounts of screen grabs and info.

Edited by Tehcaveman

I understood you brother. But why would they be given a pass? Did the FX armor get a pass for level 2 or level 3 ? Most had to redo or re buy armor. If your end goal is level 3 I'd say wait till that CRL was completed. That being said I would see the issues for level 3 being more sources and material to judge on. All we are going off of is the built tfa that was at C7 and the originals who won the lotto to build it. Unless they were privy to other materials to help source the build we don't know about its kind of hard at this point to have level 2 or 3 as the original trilogy took a while to develop even with the mass amounts of screen grabs and info.

I agree. I don't have a problem sitting on it until the time is right, will I? not sure, but that's another topic

• Like 1

I agree. I don't have a problem sitting on it until the time is right, will I? not sure, but that's another topic

All love brother.. Build to your liking and if you have to re build then you'll be come stronger for it and be able to help others out! Bondo work isn't fun trust me I have a clone lol.. So if it was me I'd wait a bit lol

• Like 1

All love brother.. Build to your liking and if you have to re build then you'll be come stronger for it and be able to help others out! Bondo work isn't fun trust me I have a clone lol.. So if it was me I'd wait a bit lol

Understood, been working with bondo for over 30 years to know you only want to do it once. 

• Like 1

Can you share a frontal render of the helmet? I really like to make myself a 3D model to make my helmet.

That side looks spot on - as foes the front view in the first post, but the oblique view seems a little off to me - seems a bit too concave in the face and a bit too bulging in the eyes:/ anyone else think so?

That side looks spot on - as foes the front view in the first post, but the oblique view seems a little off to me - seems a bit too concave in the face and a bit too bulging in the eyes:/ anyone else think so?

We have made some modifications to the design based on some additional details and enhancements of the public photos of the screen helmets from C7.

Standby for the final model coming very soon.

So, it is done.

This will be sent to the printing company to make the master.

It will be done in 4 parts. The main body of the helmet, the nose plate, the mictip and the 4 greeblie latches.

I'm pretty frakking impressed by the work that Roy has done on this and hope to be able to do his design justice!

No specific timeline yet on when I will start offering these, I need to see what the timeline for producing the prototype, as well as time to prep/mold it, and then to test out the first few casts to get the process just right, and the quality of the helmet right for production.

Stay tuned as we go for the details on the molding process as I will put that all here.

Once I'm satisfied with the molds, I'll open the interest/runs, just be patient with me :D

EP7-TK-may-11-2015_zpsk9npwiwl.jpg

EP7-TK-may-11-2015.2691_zpspwfjik0l.png

EP7-TK-may-11-2015.2692_zpszh5gnvtv.png

EP7-TK-may-11-2015.2693_zpsuycpkngs.png

Edited by Dday
  • Like 11

There's a little thing that jumped at me when looking at it, the orientation of the mesh under the nose plate is off:

galler11.jpg

Maybe this orientation comes down to how the helmet is assembled so this little detail might be irrelevant, but just i case i thought i'd mention it before molds are done.

Looks very good. I still can't stop thinking Quack when I see them though. 😜

The design has grown on me over time. At first that's all I could see. But now I think it's awesome.