Newb armor mistake.....

Hi yet again... First, the "condensed" story..  Saw ROTJ armor on ebay, "501st approved", (Not sure what that meant at the time)..  Bought it.  BIG mistake.  Come to find out is not ROTJ, but ANH.  Helmet is too large and belt is wrong for 501st approval, among other things..  My apologies, but I did not even know about the 501st until after I ordered it.  Read up the 501st, and decided that I REALLY wanted to join.  But, here I am stuck with this, uh.. (what is that French phrase)? " Piece of cr@p".  So, I have decided to do the build anyway, and use it as a learning tool for when I get a proper set of armor.  I realize now that I will have to spend well over a grand for this.  I did order the correct canvas belt, Hovi-mic tips, body suit, neck seal, boots, gloves, etc. from sources I found on here, but I now need a connection for the armor/helmet.  Any and all help would be incredibly appreciated!  Thanks...  Joseph

Hello and welcome aboard, lots of pieces can be found in the for sales sections. Good luck with the build

Just my opinion, but why not sell it back on Ebay and buy proper armor from here. Why build it twice only to be unhappy with it once??

Listen to this wise man.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

That's what I did with my old kit. 10 years ago I just wanted a cool looking display so I bought it. Now progressed to the 501st, so I sold it to a dad to give his 6 year old a cool looking display. Plenty of people will still want a lesser quality kit.

Please do yourself a favour, sell it and start again, you know it's going to be worth it. Good luck on this fun filled journey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And if you are not gonna listen to the wise men above this post, then take a look at the "How to start"-thread. There you'll find a list of vetted sellers. All of them will gladly sell you a helmet ... :smiley-sw013:

Thanks for the wise advice!  I think I am going to do both, actually...  I am still going to build it, and then sell it (just the armor) on ebay.  That way I can still get the building experience, and save someone who is just looking for a "Halloween costume" the trouble. Will start my new armor search today!  Again, I appreciate your help!!!!

but I now need a connection for the armor/helmet.

Joseph, if you mean that you want to acquire proper ROTJ armour, CFO is the way to go.

You can find details on all of the preferred armours here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

• Like 1