31709ThermalDet.jpg

Action Shot

Action.jpg

Optional

Interior Strapping

Strapping.jpg

Abdomen Detail

Abdoment.jpg

Hand Plates - I have both ABS and Latex. This is in for preparation for Centurion.

31709Latex.jpg

Thank you for your consideration!

Good luck Craig, your armor build looks and fits really good.  Nice work!

The only thing(s) that I see that might need to be addressed are centered around your belt:  It looks as though the top and bottom of the plastic belt could be trimmed a little bit closer to the boxes height-wise, you might need to tighten it a bit so it sits closer to the ab buttons, and it is difficult to see if the outer edges of your drop boxes line up with the ends of the belt.

EDIT:  Oh, and with the Hyperfirm blaster, you might want to take a little bit of the brass shine off of the scope, too.  ;)

Edited by Dark CMF

Thanks for the feedback, mate. Much appreciated. We have a great armorsmith in the Dune Sea Garrison. There's no way I could have done this without him.

I need to cut back the rivets behind the belt and that should help it to sit better against the buttons.  That's an easy fix if needed, I just forgot to do it in my excitement.  The ammo belt pic shows the right box lined up with the belt, but not the left I can certainly snap a pic of the left one if needed.

I can also dry brush the scope black to diminish the brass if needed. Not a problem at all.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Hi Craig!  Looking good!  I recently finished a set of NE armor as well.  Here are my observations:

Nice job on using the brackets for strapping!  NE armor has plenty of return edge to do it.

For the square notches at the bottom of the kidney, it seems like you may have cut them too wide.  You have left the extra material that would get cut off to make the square notches that were already built into the suit:

Before (Red line to show where the cut is):

fxPx2GH.jpg

After:

av3Z6hw.jpg

It's hard to tell in the shots but you may have left it on the right side of the kidney as well?  I'm not sure how much of a difference this will make with approvals.

Did you paint the snap on the top right of your ab plate?  That should not have white paint on it.

Your forearm / bicep connection could benefit from an elastic strap holding them together if you don't already have that in place.

I believe you're going to run into the same issue with your thermal detonator that I did.  The space between the end cap and the panel may be too large.  I trimmed down the sides of the pipe to narrow that gap.

I second trimming the top and bottom of the belt plastic.  There should also be some space between the edge of the rivet cover and the edge of the belt on each side:

ddFHf8C.jpg

I also feel like the whole belt could be raised up to right underneath the button plate.

Good luck with your submission!

Hey there, Craig! Thank you for your application to expert infantry. You have a nice build going. Let's take a look at your armor!!! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

Just to clarify, you have some of your photos listed as "optional". Those pictures are on the required photo submission list for EIB. If there is any question of what these photos are, see this list:http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22604-expert-infantry-application-photo-checklist/

Like I said, you have a great build and you armor contains the necessary requirements for EIB. With that, I would like to congratulate and welcome you to Expert Infantry!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:This is the section where myself and you fellow troopers provide suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. None of these suggestions will affect your applications.

First off your forearms look big. We all want the forearms to be comfortable, but NE forearms can be fit perfectly to ones arms. The parts that looks really big to me is the wrist opening. It should be a tight squeeze to get your hand through the opening. If it is too big, big, it looks "off'. There is another topic regarding your forearms that will be discussed below.

Your thighs also look big to me. You don;t want any armor part to be so tight that it's hard to wear or uncomfortable. But a part being too big can be uncomfortable as well. IT looks like you have a lot of extra room both at the top and at the knee. Now, if you raised your thighs up, that would take care of the top. But the knee area looks like it can be taken in a bit. 

This area concerns me. Your sides. At 6'2" and 205, you seem pretty thin. Do you REALLY need that much extra room? The kidney plate is supposed to be trimmed along the lines that Ron showed. I see a bit of overlap on your left side. It would go a LONG way to the improvement of your armor look if that extra material on the kidney could be removed. Have someone force the kidney an ab together. If the overlap allows the end of your ab to toch that raised ridge where the kidney should have been cut, then I suggest you trim it there. Some people are just bigger around the middle. If it doesn't allow it..so be it. It would just be a better overall look if it could be trimmed. Many people believe that because it is there, it needs to stay there. 

The last suggestion I have is to grab a small brush and add a taper to the ends of your frown. This should not be a blunt finish to the ends:gallery_12157_15_8289.jpggallery_12157_15_29303.jpg

Centurion Requirements:The items discussed in this section are required before centurion can be awarded.

NE armor parts have several parts of the upper body derived from molds of the original suit. There are parts that are specific to the right and left. Your forearms and biceps are these parts. The forearms were built with a raised mold ridge that the cover strip sits on. This molded ridge should be on the top of each forearm. There is no ridge on the bottom. Although there are no raised ridges on the biceps (this is accurate) the bicep sides are determined by the "thumbprint". I can't see with certainty, but from the shape of it, you have the thumbprint bicep on your right when it should be on your left. Please make sure your Centurion photos (if you plan on applying...I HOPE!!!) reflects this adjustment. 

Please work on raising your shoulder bells a bit to touch the ribbed shoulder bridges.

Ron also pointed out the white snap on the upper right of your ab and I agree that the paint needs to be removed here.

We need to discuss your waist belt. A couple things I notice here that both Tim and Ron touched on. First off, you have a little too much material on the top and bottom of the boxes. You also have a bit of a droop in the front. This pic is of a belt in the proper position and trimmed correctly:post-12041-0-11699100-1414609936_thumb.jpg Here is my suggestion for trimming your down.post-12041-0-76437500-1414609971_thumb.jpg

Something else that can't really be addressed now is the rivet cover placements on the end. I think that unfortunately you trimmed a little too much off the ends. There should be roughly 1 1/2 inches from the outer most box to the belt end. As for the cover being too close to the end, well, these were kind of all over the place in the film. Some wewre right at the edge, some slightly in....there is no standard here just so they are not too close to the box.

The next thing is regarding your Thermal Detonator. It looks big to me. The final overall length of your detonator should be in the neighborhood of 7 1/4 - 7 1/2 inches. If you break down the sections...2 end caps at 3/4 inch=1 1/2 inches, control panel=4 3/4 inches, gaps between panel and caps= 1/2 inch each=1 inch...total, 7 1/4 inches. These measurements are approximate and can be al little bigger. The the total length should be much bigger than 7 1/2 total. 

I will need to you to adjust the vent lines on your rear traps on the back of your helmet. These were always very close to uniform length top to bottom.gallery_12157_15_2033.jpggallery_12157_37_68653.jpg

The last thing that I would like to see adjusted is the drop box on your left. The right one sits perfect and left one hangs much lower. Why not even them up and make them perfect??

You have a great set of armor here.I know you have the talents and skills to make these adjustments. Trust me, your overall look will be greatly improved!!!

Congratulations again, Craig!!!!

Thank you so much for the feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time advising where I can make adjustments to make it fit better.  I fully intend to go for Centurion, so I will work on the requested changes.  I had used decals for the helmet, so I think I'll strip them off and paint them by hand to give them a more uniform look.  

Thanks again! This made my day!