ANH TK from 1976

TK-1422

It looks like they used the knee part for shoulder straps and the brow on the helm is way too short. Just looks like an early fan-made suit to me.

You're right - those shoulder straps are the knee parts. And the brow trim is way too short. Dunno what's up with his right lower arm part - looks way too short. And it looks like he's wearing wool mittens.

I'll have to look at screen caps and see if I can find a trooper with knees for shoulder straps.

His name is Robert Philpot, and I do think I saw his name on one of the "Real Stormtrooper" lists. I'll have to keep looking...

Kev

Interesting read, but half of it doesn't add up....fibreglass armour?????

Could be that he was an extra and the suit was made up from whatever they could muster together, and only used in far away shots or, this was suit just made up from bits left over and someone sculpted the extra parts. I haven't read that before but I do have a better picture of that suit to show you.

stormtrooper123.jpg

Yeah, Paul. There are some parts of his story that don't add up and I'm more apt to believe your hypothesis. I've spent the night looking at ANH screengrabs and can't pick out this armor in the photos, but I'll have to take a look at the pics on Jez's site to see if he's there (can't hit his site because of our proxy software).

looks like a sandy knee plate, too? and no green lenses (unless when he "electronically altered" the shot he got rid of the green. hmmm.)

Very cool at any rate...i had never seen this. My gut reaction is it's probably real, and he was probably a background extra. Lots of those dudes had stuff wrong with their outfits.

looks like a sandy knee plate, too? and no green lenses (unless when he "electronically altered" the shot he got rid of the green. hmmm.)

Very cool at any rate...i had never seen this. My gut reaction is it's probably real, and he was probably a background extra. Lots of those dudes had stuff wrong with their outfits. Heck the trooper on the left side of my avatar is missing one of his drop boxes, and he was front and center.

a total fake. The bicep armor is actually a newer plastic and the detailing is from a GT suit. The forearm is what the real bicep looks like. The overall length of the codplate is too short for ANH.. The helmet is Fiberglass and it is badly done to mimic a real ANH helmet. Paint job is all off for the frown. Also look at the rivets on the arms (right) there are no rivets on the original arms.

It is someone looking to fool people for publicity or whatever.. a bad attempt to fool people, but a good job of making the photo look old.

T*E

One thing is absolutely certain. It is an old photo. The guy in the pic is an old man now (see pictures above on webpage)

I think it might be a case of a fan who fetched some goodies out of the trash OR it is a real possibility that he could be legit and as an extra just threw some crap together as he says for the photo.

As old as it is the armor and helmet IS screen accurate. just put together with wrong/substitute parts.

i think this guy played one of the space troopers in the scene where the falcon is brought in to the death star they were hardly seen so the armour was cobbled together from spares, i have seen a pic of this guy on set next to vader and leia without his helmet on. and he's in a promo shot with vader and sever other stormies that are helmetless. it lurks somewhere in the lucasfilm archives

It's just odd that the biceps and forearms are not part of the original suit, neither is the knee cap. I'm not too sure if the belt or the knee boxes used for shoulder straps are the right shapes either. The helmet looks off for some reason, maybe it's just the crappy brow trim and the clear lens, though it does look to be original.

'IF' it was used as a background suit, then wouldn't they at least put the knee boxes on the thigh and not the shins so it didn't attract unwanted attention?

The more I look at that pic, the more I am thinking this suit was put together after filming and just had missing parts made up from elsewhere. I could be wrong, but things are just not adding up <_< Maybe it was one of AA's post production suits, just like that helmet with the ribbed back tube :D

also looks to be Vader's gloved hand on the right...cropped out and the brown background filled in...is that what you guys are seeing?

Its an interesting photo, thats for sure. I believe it came from the same photo set as this, very early ANH publicity pics, whether they were released or not is anyones guess.

c-1.jpg

Yup. In 1997, JJ's Offworld Effects shop at Ealing made copies of the Nathan & Bermans ROTJ suits from what I have on my RPF TK armor lineage charts. 36 were made, 15 survived at last count.

from the site:

"I'm in the photograph third from the end of the page, but which Stormtrooper am I?"

Does he mean this photograph & can you find him?

dockingbay.jpg

pic courtesy of starwarshelmets, a great site :)

& has anyone had luck in finding the pic's from "Stormtrooper Parade, Evening Argus, Brighton"?

I couldn't pick him out of that pic (and yup, that's the one from Jez's site that he says he's in). And when I searched for the other pic, I came up with nothing in a Google search. :(