ATA helmet has arrived and Im.....

When I did my first, I was thankful that ATA included an extra set of ears.... :) I learned from that first bucket: take off less than you think you need to. I followed Pandatrooper's (my Garrison CO) tutorial and it was very helpful. My only critique is that I shouldn't have riveted my first lid. I find it's helpful to just use bolts until you're comfortable with building. Also, for what it's worth I like to use a small curved xacto blade on the teeth to get them to their final shape. Good luck!

Leave some of the wrinkled plastic under the ear areas. I experienced much trouble on the left side (looking at the front) getting the two halves together without a gap because I cut too much plastic off early on. You will need the extra width of plastic to cover the gap between the back and face of the helmet. The left side (looking at the face of the helmet) is touchy in getting the two halves together without a gap. I freaked out over mine for a week. Leave lots of plastic on and only trim tiny strips off at a time.

Once you get used to the fact that none of the parts actually match up and it is your job to make them look like they do, you will do fine . post-20327-141317456283_thumb.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good so far, once you are finished, you will wonder what all the fuss was about, then build another.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

check these out and tell me what I am doing wrong? The top cap seems to be waaaay bigger than the face mask portion. Ive only trimmed minimal off it too. It looks " hinged" and weird.

10584043_10203894607219418_182035474209310671401_10203894605779382_737821086491910704124_10203894606779407_141803802920510624686_10203894603939336_2553827710545

You're not doing anything wrong. Helmets, unfortunately, are not puzzle pieces. Take a look at the build thread I provided above. It will answer your questions with pics better than I can describe it.

Look good, but why does the right eye look bigger then the left?

About to build another lid myself. Since the first one I have is a rubies that I modified.

The right eye always has a bump on the bottom edge on screen derived helmets. The angle of the photo probably makes it look worse. It may also be exaggerated here a bit by the eyes being very deep set. Edited by 87ninefiveone