TK-80806 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status [ATA][141]

Name = Chris Sanders

TK ID = 80806

FISD Forum Name = PhoenixTrooper

Garrison = Georgia Garrison

My EIB Thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27379-tk-80806-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-status-ata382/

Armor= ATA
Helmet= ATA
Blaster= Hyperfirm

Height = 5'10"

Weight = 250 lbs

Boots = TK Boots

Canvas Belt = TKittell

Hand Plates/Gloves = Sonnenschein

Electronics = Evilboy Fans

Neck Seal = Darman

Holster = Darman

Inside Brackets = Mr. No Stripes

Inner Drop Boxes = kwdesigns

Full Body

IMAG1242.jpg69dc03c7-f349-400a-8067-773967970a13.jpgd4e075ec-5a88-445b-95ab-c72803bba92f.jpgffabe5c7-26bf-46be-a389-ac3c18bcfc0e.jpg
Arms Raised:
3cb06e70-ff84-4c33-afac-fe087e4cd7c9.jpge967ae24-12c3-4e0a-90a6-61a65825bd52.jpg

Armor Details

Ab Buttons
aaf94f4b-cc8f-4bea-ac74-090cff9c5339.jpg
Butt/Kidney - 2 pieces
IMAG1266.jpg
Hand Plates - rubber
IMAG1237.jpg
Shoulders - glued in the front, free floating in back with elastic
1514962e-ca8c-464a-9ae4-85914eefc2c5.jpgc4813315-018f-481e-b8eb-0913f4b4723e.jpg
Thigh pack
IMAG1323.jpgIMAG1319.jpg
Knee plate attachment
IMAG1289.jpgIMAG1293.jpg
Drop box backs
IMAG1317.jpg
Cod/butt plate attachment (took the paint off the rivet)
IMAG1325.jpg
General inside strap bonus picture
IMAG1328.jpg
Closeup on the shims on the thighs
875f21e6-b49b-4cf2-8f5d-bc6a714bc827.jpg
No return edges (almost forgot!)
IMG_4419.jpg

Helmet Details

(Repainted with thinner lines)

IMAG1227.jpgIMAG1228.jpgIMAG1229.jpgIMAG1230.jpg
Hovi Mic Tips
IMAG1231.jpg
Green Lens
IMAG1234.jpg
S-trim
IMAG1232.jpg

Blaster Details

IMAG1239.jpgIMAG1240.jpg
D-ring
IMAG1241.jpg

Accessories Details

Neck Seal
IMAG1236.jpg
Back of thermal Det (metal clips)
IMAG1238.jpg
Holster attachment
IMAG1324.jpg

And the action shot
action.jpg
Edited by PhoenixTrooper

Upon first look, I cannot see anything that needs commenting on. You look really good! A lot of work and attention to details. Great job!

Hey Chris! Looking great brother! Not much to comment on. I think the control panel on your TD could be facing out more instead of up.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/image/1131-star-wars-a-new-hope-screen-capture-254jpg/

The smaller button plate on your ab could be trimmed some more so the stage area shows, like so

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/image/920-ab-plate-05jpg/

And I think the bronzing on your blaster scope could be toned down a bit. Hyperfirm blasters are notorious for too much bronzing.

Other than that, very nice build sir! Good luck with your application! :jc_doublethumbup:

Great hand painting on your helmet by the way! :smiley-sw013:

Hey Chris! Thank you for your Centurion application!! Let's look at your armor!!

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted. I'd like to commend you for your efforts so far. You have come a long way. Being a "beefy trooper" comes with its challenges and you have taken many of them head on and conquered. I can only imagine the work that went into your side and thigh shims, but they turned out great! You have made other subtle adjustments that have your armor fitting much better. The paint work on your helmet makes it look TONS better! 

There is still a little work that needs to be done before Your armor will reach Centurion. 

First is the return edge on the wrist side of the forearms. The top half that has the square indent ridge is good. I am seeing return edge on the bottom half, though (marked in red)post-12041-0-74885200-1407379233_thumb.jpg  Here is a set of forearms where no trace of return edge remains:post-12041-0-57985400-1407379297_thumb.jpg

The next thing I want to cover is your Thermal Detonator. It took me a while, but I finally figured it out. I would still like to see you swap out the pop rivets for the screws, but more important right now is the position of your control panel. You should be able to make out all the details on the panel as seen on this ATA: Sorry this pic is so big.  :shok:

iqcn.jpg

Anyway, the reason that your control panel is sitting so high on your detonator has to do with two factors: #1 the ATA TD is slightly smaller in diameter than the screen used ones which means (#2) the TD clips need to be reduced in size. Your clips are a "U" shape when they really need to be more of a "J" shape. When installed, this will allow the TD to be rotated down exposing all the details on your panel. I marked where you can trim yours:post-12041-0-77824300-1407379966_thumb.jpg

In you EIB application, your belt was in the proper position under your button plate, it is sagging here?????? How is your belt attached to your ab plate?

Lastly is what my main concern centers around......your cover strips. You fixed the ones on the back of your thighs. WOO HOO!!!! However, the ones on your biceps are still huge and the one on the back of your right calf looks bigger than the left. Sometimes it is proposed that a larger cover strip is used because of the necessity of closing a large gap. I have built some big ATA biceps and I cannot imagine you have a gap that big to require a cover strip of that width. These strips need to be consistent. The arms should be close to the same as should the legs.(the backs can be a bit larger than the fronts)

You have taken on challenges with your armor that are much harder than these little fixes. Take your time and Centurion will be your in no time.

The belt's attached with a pair of snaps, with velcro backing it up because the snaps fail a lot. When the snaps stay it sits like it's supposed to, but looks like they were popped in the pictures and I didn't notice. May need to add more velcro or something.

As to the cover strips, the one on the calf hasn't changed, it's exactly the same size as the other calf, but the photo has a bit of an optical illusion going on there. Will measure the others when I get home so I can see what's what. I know the biceps are tight and the forearms are loose currently, fit-wise.

Should be able to update the return edge today. Det will take longer due to not having the tools on hand.

All the cover strips on the legs are 1", front and back. Biceps are 1" in the front and 1.5" in the back, and are tight on me already. There's also not much extra plastic on them for "play". Forearms are 5/8" front and back. They do have more room on the platform I could move them up to 1" strips too I suppose, if that would work. Though they were the first parts I made and are superglued, so it might destroy them. Thoughts?

Forearm:

de519c1f-2b13-46d3-8524-2627204ac41c.jpg

Bicep (front):

faa55b10-95cd-460d-a76d-2e234d26bfa2.jpg

e967ae24-12c3-4e0a-90a6-61a65825bd52.jpgThe cover strips on your forearms were never really something that jumped out at me...it was the ones on your biceps. The biceps and forearm cover strips need to be consistent.  Great job on getting rid of that return edge!

• 1 month later...

Finally I have been able to replace the rear cover strips that had caused the problem. How do these look?

a9eccc4f-cb64-4192-b660-089beaa96f32.jpg

And in this pic you can see the adjusted det, the new thighs and the new arms all together:

efde9d4d-ea1e-454f-89e3-88150250b5b2.jpg

*crossing fingers*

Hey Chris:

You have been a "trooper" in all the sense of the word! You have stuck with this, did your homework and applied it. Your efforts are to be applauded!

I would like to welcome you to Centurion!! Congratulations!!

• Like 1

Congratulations Chris!!!

Thank you for embracing the challenges of Centurion, and serving as an inspiration for the rest of us who aspire to do so!