Which armor is the largest?

spoox

I been watching the kit from troopersupplies on the bay and I am just wondering how the sizes of the white armors are.

Since I am a girl I have larger calves/hips/legs then most guys and I simply don't like the open crack on the back of the legs/calves so I do want it to be able to close. Maybe a pet peeve from my seemless clone lol.

What armor should I get that fits a big larger ?

Thanks for any advice :)

as a girl, I've basically used FX since it fits the thighs. I still had to shim them though, thats the only place I had to. i of course ditched the helmet. I hope at some point to order some TE2 replacement parts or something to at least make some of it look better.

then again, it makes fx armor a lot better if you throw some dirt on it... :P

The RT armor is the largest of the more accurate armors. I don't know how the thighs and calves compare to the FX, hopefully someone will post the outside circumference to compare. You can do a seamless shim if you have the patience and a little skill, but most folks use the time honored techniques that have worked for so many.

You're going to frankensuit it as some point. Either start with RT and get some FX thighs (which are the largest) if you need to, or else start with FX and then replace lots of parts if you're short. There's not much difference in the RT & FX calves that I have anyway, unless FX also increased the size of his calves when he re-did his thighs.

Wow - it does tremendously as I've never seen a full RT in person to make comparisons with. Funny about the chest - one of my garrison mates switched from FX to RT and it looks much smaller visually. I think it's because looking at the pix side by side the scoop is a lot deeper and with a little trimming you can make it much smaller than the FX.

No problem fella's anything I can do to help out the FISD I am all for.

If you wanted to see anyof the other pics of it such as the angles and such,

check out the photbucket pages...

----------

it is 5 pages deep, the build starts on page 5...lol

Boozel

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Daetrin said:
Funny about the chest - one of my garrison mates switched from FX to RT and it looks much smaller visually. I think it's because looking at the pix side by side the scoop is a lot deeper and with a little trimming you can make it much smaller than the FX.

Funny you should mention that...lol

there was a whole discussion about this awhile ago...

It has measurements and discussion... a good read,,, and not to long... B)

http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1094

Boozel

• Like 1

as a girl, the slope and shape of the thighs on RT didnt work for me, but then I am curvy large up top, thin in the middle, and larger again at the bottom. so its going to depend on your size and shape , since girls come in more shapes than boys lol.

the arms on RT were way to long for me also. :(

i might need to get me an RT chest though lol.

but then the supid abs colors always look different colors when you start piecing together a franken suit lol.

but then the supid abs colors always look different colors when you start piecing together a franken suit lol.

You may have to take the same approach as those with accurate armor...............paint it.

• 2 months later...

Wow, thanks for both the posts and especially the pics! :D

I'm a 6'1, 210lb bodybuilder, and in FX right now with an eye toward upgrading. I was leaning toward TM, but based on the side-by-side comparisons, it looks like RT with its longer & wider arms and legs is the way to go.

The fact that I won't get pounded by the insane dollar-to-euro exchange rates pretty much seals the deal.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I am 6' tall 250 pounds and my FX suit is very tight. I bought it off Ebay, (first mistake), and have been modifying it ever since. I have been looking at the chest plate and come to the conclusion that it is way too small as I have fairly broad shoulders. After looking around I am considering building a vacuform table and remanufacturing parts that actually fit and fit comfortably. May not be an option for you but its what I am considering. Buying several suits to cannablize a franken-suit seems like an expensive way to go.

I am 6' tall 250 pounds and my FX suit is very tight. I bought it off Ebay, (first mistake), and have been modifying it ever since. I have been looking at the chest plate and come to the conclusion that it is way too small as I have fairly broad shoulders. After looking around I am considering building a vacuform table and remanufacturing parts that actually fit and fit comfortably. May not be an option for you but its what I am considering. Buying several suits to cannablize a franken-suit seems like an expensive way to go.

Just buy a bigger kit. I'm 6'2" 225 and I trimmed a considerable amount off of my NE armor. 

Making a vac table and "remanufacturing" parts (taking others work and modifying it) is gonna be WAY more expensive than anything else you're planning.

I sold my FX and got this one, couldn't be happier.