TK-41977 Requesting EIB ANH Stunt (T/MC)[381]

TK-41977 Requesting EIB ANH Stunt (T/MC)

Name: Jason Winter

ID: 41977

Forum Name: neoakaj

Garrison: Mountain Garrison

Armor: T/MC

Helmet: T/MC

Blaster: Doopydoos full

Height: 5'6"

Weight: 145lbs

Boots maker: TK boots

Canvas Belt: Self

Hand Plates Type: T/MC

Electronics: N/A

Neck Seal Type: Darman

Holster Maker: Darman

photo2_zps692d62ca.jpg

photo4_zpsb40775c2.jpg

photo5_zps958c356e.jpg

photo6_zps7f49b353.jpg

photo8_zps701182e8.jpg

photo11_zpsdfc7b9cb.jpg

photo9_zpsdd0024bc.jpg

photo12_zps37a13918.jpg

photo3_zpsb50f4ee9.jpg

photo2_zps34ff63b1.jpg

photo1_zpsb7948ff4.jpg

photo4_zps5ffa3f62.jpg

photo2_zps75f85f3e.jpg

photo3_zpsa1e2f779.jpg

photo4_zps51535a4f.jpg

photo5_zpsfd5e0402.jpg

photo11_zps8bbe4bcb.jpg

photo21_zps0a866c7a.jpg

photo32_zps4f287ebf.jpg

photo42_zps202bd9d4.jpg

Thank you for your consideration

Looking good, I'm not sure if this will affect your application but I believe your cover strips on the back of your thighs is too long. Good luck with your application!

They're indeed too long, they should end before the bottom ridge like on the front, but i would be more concerned about their sizing. Your thighs are very wide around the knees and i would trim them again in the back like on the pic below:

photo511.jpg

Your biceps too look quite roomy and could be sized down too in my opinion. And also be brought closer to the forearms, either by moving the forearms up thanks to a strap between the forearms and biceps or by dropping the biceps down from under the shoulder bells.

None of those remarks should hold you back from EIB but i think that would be a good thing to do.

All good to know about the thighs. If I apply for centurion, I will make sure the fit is closer to the knee. I have a few other items that I want to finish/improve before I go that route.

Instead of the Winter Soldier, you're the Winter Trooper!  Hi Jason!

Agreed with Matt and Germain on thigh cover strips and sizing.

Also bicep sizing and forearm straps for positioning.

Don't know if it will affect your EIB application, but a few other suggestions:

Ab button paint looks too small.  May need to increase diameter of the painted area to 7/16" diameter.

Try cleaning up paint bleed around edges of traps with a toothpick dipped in paint thinner.  Ear bumps look awesome!

Centurion improvements:

Did you remove ALL the forearm return edge including the raised "bumps" area?  Looks very close, but there seems to be a very slight return left.

White elastic bands to hold down the rear of the shoulder straps - you might have these, but they're tough to see.

Rubber gloves.

It's not a requirement per the CRL, but I see a lot of guys doing this for accuracy: dab black paint on the TD screw heads.

Nice job making your own belt!

Not sure what's acceptable for loose/dangling threads - I know I've seen frayed belts in the reference pictures. 

GOOD LUCK!

Hey Jason! Thank you for your EIB application! Good to see another set of TM/C armor. It looks like you have a nice build going. Let's take a look at your armor.

CRL Requirements:

All submission photos have been posted except for the neckseal. There is another thing that will need followup and you can post that pic at that time.  

You have a good closure seam on your right side but your left side is looking too close to exceeding that 1/2 open gap. From the way your armor fits you, it looks like that gap can be eliminated all together. I would either re-take that pose with your seam adjusted closed or if it hangs open, replace the elastic at the top with nylon webbing to keep it from expanding. Either way, it will need to be presented less open. Other than that, your armor will pass for EIB. Please adjust this so we can get you in the ranks, trooper!!!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

It was mentioned by a trooper that your biceps seem a bit roomy. Although it looks true, I wouldn't worry about that too much because they seem to match the diameter of your forearms and that gives balance to the look of your armor. What is throwing this balance off are your thighs. The human thigh is very conic in shape tapering down from the top to the knee area. Your thigh armor should do the same. As Germain pointed out, the top seems fine but when the seam is seperated, you will see how much material you'll be able to remove in your knee area when the halves are squeezed together. Have someone help you with this. It's easier with a helper. Afterward, you will be amazed at the balance and streamlined look of your armor. This will also give you a chance to trim down those rear cover strips. It should stop at, not exceed the lower ridge of the thigh.gallery_12157_59_32648.jpg

The other suggestion that I have is to tame the fray on your belt. It starting to look a little bird nest-like. Get yourself some all purpose (Elmer's type) glue or fabric glue. Dilute it it water so it's more liquidy, trim the long strands and brush the diluted glue on your belt edge. this will seal the edges. It won;t stop it completely, but it will reduce it TREMENDOUSLY. You just need to hit the edge not soak the belt.

Centurion Suggestions:

With the details you have included in your build it would lead to believe you will shooting for Centurion. Good for you!!! There are some things that will need to be adjusted before applying.

Although your holster attachment placements on your belt are right on, your straps that connect the belt and the holster are a bit long. There should only be about 1 inch showing there.

Next is what I mentioned above about your thighs...particularly the cover strips on the back. Make sure you include that neck seal pic in your application. But I know you will follow the photo check list ;)

I would like to see your left forearm raised up a bit or your left bicep lowered. I can' tell if you have the strap installed that connects these two parts. Although not required, it does help in keeping this constant to reduce that gap.

I'd like to see the st\crews on your thermal detonator changed from the "phillips" \type screw to the slot head, black screws like you see here.gallery_12157_59_19594.jpg

Lastly, I spent a great deal of time thinking this over. However, each time I looked it just jumped out at me yelling "FIX ME!"

Helmets always look great when people take on the challenge of going for the "hand painted look". However, the hand painted look refers more towards the not perfectly straight and slightly uneven lines that one gets from painting lines without a template. These lines should not be overly splotchy and rough. This gives the helmet a look of a hurried job with less attention to detail. As you can see here, these lines have a slight thickness variance, but remain in control.gallery_12157_15_2033.jpg

The outlines of your tears and traps, though a challenge, can be tackled with a longer bristled, thinner brush and a little practice. You nailed it on the ear! you just need to match that on your other details.photo5_zpsfd5e0402.jpgphoto4_zps51535a4f.jpg

You have some great looking armor and you did a great build. Let's take you over the top!

Pictures should be coming tomorrow(I hope)

To clarify I need to upload a photo of my neck seal and a new set of left side pictures to show the gap between the ab plate and back plate are closer together. Are there any other pictures needed for my EIB application? I want to be sure as after next weekend I am going to tear a few parts apart to re-adjust for Centurion.

As for answers to other questions, I have eliminated 99% of the return edge on the forearm. I did not plan to even submit the TK for 501st approval much less centurion when I build it. However, I was talked into it by a few friends and my Squad leader! I will trim it down fully over the next few weeks.

For my hand painted helmet decals, yes they look funky.... I seem to only have a smooth hand for trimming, but paint.... I need a couple rum shots to calm my hands. I will fix this for sure.

I have a set of rubber gloves and latex hand guards that I have for my TD. I would have used them here but the glue bottle exploded when I was gluing the hand guards on, so they are somewhat of a mess and thus why they are now for a TD. I will have the latex hand guards soon.

I do not have the elastic straps for my shoulder straps in place for these pictures, but I do have them.

I know many items fit pretty loose on me, im just a skinny guy. I am really destined to be 3PO, but thats for another thread and another day.

All other points are noted and will be addressed before lvl3. I do have a few questions regarding lvl3. First, do I NEED any connection between my chest and ab plate? Second, how much scuffing is needed for the boots?

Edited by neoakaj

Ian covered the boot thing, as for your need for a connection between your ab and chest.....no you don't need it. You just want to make sure that your ab never sneaks out over your chest. The next time you suit up, lean back and take a deep breath. If your chest slips under your ab, you will need to consider it. If it doesn't, don't worry about it.

Check on the chest to ab connection. If thats the reason for it, then I dont have a problem. I know of a couple troopers that do, but I have never experienced it. With my arms raised, leaning back and taking a deep breath, I still have over a inch of overlap. I do have the straps and mounts there, I just dont like to wear them...

I didnt get the pictures taken as it was raining and gloomy yesterday, and the few minutes of sun we had went to a photoshoot for my fiancee's newest costume. I expect later today if it doesnt pour again.

I have another question regarding the centurion. I am digging up all my extra plastic to make sure I have enough for the new rear cover strips and I ran into a problem. I only have enough in the 100% matching color to make one. Would it be acceptable to use a slightly different shade of white for the rear strips so that left and right match? I already know that MC has run out of that specific shade....Was there when they used the last piece.... The different shade is very close and it would take a good eye to see the difference.

Neck Seal

photo24_zps9250b3f7.jpg

And the left side fixed

photo22_zps54b69e31.jpg

photo12_zps7a4c3342.jpg

I also started following other comments for Centurion. I shortened the holster straps to 1 inch below belt as well as "tame" the edges

135b11bf-fc85-43d0-a9a6-0e3c803d3a78_zps

I believe all is in order for EIB

Thank you

Jason! those side gaps are awesome! Great fix!   Welcome to EIB, Sir!!!!!!!

Please review the Centurion requirements and the photo listings. You are making changes to your armor. For the exception of individual shots like the neck seal, the blaster, and the one above showing the adjusted holster attachment, make sure you submit new armor shots. all shots should be of your Centurion armor for a Centurion application.

Good luck1