My First Armor Build Thread ANH-S CAP Armor.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: I meansured the brow trim, it sits on a half and inch. The one off TrooperBay says "just over a half inch" other sources say a half inch also. It may just look small in the images but it seems of correct size

I just measured the brow trim I got from Trooperbay 2 weeks ago. It's exactly 15 millimeters or 19/32 inch. So yep just a smidge over a half an inch. This seems to be a standard width. It's what I also measure on a SDS Battle Spec and eFx ANH PCR.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ā 

Ā 

This is a well known shot of a portion of the helmets created for ANH the vast majority of which have 4 teeth cut out.Ā  There are a couple 3 tooth and 5 tooth. As we know, MOST of the three toothed helmets ended up Heros. The others, including the 5 toothed helmets are considered anomalies. Your 4 tooth approach was the way to go.

To clarify, I don't ever remember mentioning 5 tooth as anything but an anomaly. I would not recommend it for EIB or Centurion.

Ā 

So, is a 5 tooth (10 total as Kyle has done) approvable for basic?

The CRL is pretty specific about this for ANH Stunt with 8 total.

Bryan, i see in that original photo top right bucket having 5 cut out.. Im going for EIB. Since the orginal photo has 5 cut out, wouldnt it be Acceptable? there are other cases of 5 cut out being shown.Ā 

3 buckets, 2nd row from the top all the way right, and 2nd row from top 2nd to last bucket on the left. bottom row 2nd in from the left. all 5 cut out.Ā 

Edited by Stormy1992

Bryan: don't do the 5 tooth frown unless you have two buckets. Basic approval will be based on the 4 tooth frown

Steve,

I'm the GML at Bloodfin, so I'm asking from the approval standpoint, as Kyle would be sending his application in through me.

I was under the impression that 4 teeth were the requirement per CRL for Stunt (EIB or Centurion not withstanding).

Well correct, I guess I worded it wrong. Is there a correct side. One side is different than the other, which seam goes in front and in back. Took a picture of both sides so you could tell.

Alright, my forarems are correct (with the right being different from the left) but it seems I have the same inner bicept pieces. The one shown on the left in the given image. The ones I provided are the same for each arm. However the left to the right inner bicept piece is different on each side of the SAME side arm; which goes in the front and back seam? Thanks!

Ā 

Hope it makes sense:)