My First Armor Build Thread ANH-S CAP Armor.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so with everyones advice.. i went for it with what i thought would be best.. so here is this mornings progress..

Ā 

drew the lines to cut..

Ā 

IMG_20140520_100126_zps660484cd.jpg

Ā 

IMG_20140520_100133_zps6b9f4751.jpg

Ā 

This is what it came out to look like.. fits like a glove:) also, legs coming along :)

Ā 

IMG_20140520_110937_zps1f3a59d2.jpg

Ā 

IMG_20140520_110948_zpsc62487c8.jpg

Ā 

its all starting to fit together im so excited!!

Ā 

I also have the belt trimmed down too, an inch and a half from the last ammo pack to the edge, and 45 degree cut half an inch in :)

Ā 

IMG_20140520_111023_zps7efd1474.jpg

Edited by Stormy1992

Personal preference, but you may want to tighen up the gap between the back and kidney plate a bit.

If you have not mounted the shoulder straps, you should be able to lower it just a tad.

Looking good!Ā  Get this man some butter cause he's on a roll !

Ā 

You asked in an earlier message for a link to the CRL.Ā  Here's the one for ANH Stunt:Ā  http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt.

Ā 

If you're using a browser there are links on the left hand side of the Home page to these CRLs under "Film Canon CRLs" and at the top "Costume Requirements".Ā  However, using Tapatalk neither of these sections appear.

Ā 

These are so important I really think a Stickie ought to be added under the Recruits Getting Started - Read this First section which highlights the significance of the CRL with links to them.Ā  It's important early on for a recruit (myself included) to be able to understand and distinguish between what is a requirement for approval and what is unspecified (not in the CRL).

Haha funny! yeah; this armor is going by so fast and its making me sad:(( i enjoy working on it though and this is really looking and fitting so much better than my other, but thank you! i will look into it for sure and do some more homework! Updates tomorrow morning; i have some more free time :)

Ā 

i have to start purchasing boots, canvas belt, holster, neck seal and black compression. any recommendations?Ā 

Edited by Stormy1992

Any of the sellers on this forum, or trooperbay.com will have all that. For compression , my first online order didn't fit too well, so I went with 2 piece compression set from Kmart.

Regarding the canvas belt, yes they are thick.Ā  And there's a CRL item for that!Ā  "The soft belt proper is made of canvas, or material with a canvas covering. Size must be 2.75Ć¢ā‚¬ (70 mm) to 3.25Ć¢ā‚¬(83 mm) wide and not wider than the plastic portion of the belt. The color is be white to off-white."

Ā 

White leather boots that meet requirements are hard to find, and if you can they can be pricey.Ā  Many are buying black boots expected to meet CRL requirements and painting them white.Ā  There are several build threads just for the boots how to do this.Ā  Expect to pay $55-$80 for the black boots plus another $20 or so for supplies to paint them white (deglazing, white leather paint, white fabric paint, acrylic finisher, brushes).Ā  I just got some black Bass Amsterdams from amazon.com for $65 which is on the approved list at least to pass basic requirement per this thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24742-trooper-boots-a-list-of-suitable-candidates/

Ā 

On the holster, be sure you get the right variant for your build (ANH).Ā  And install it on the correct side the correct way.Ā  I purchased preowned armor last week (my first set) and will be figuring out how to correct two CRL basic ANH deficiencies:Ā  holster being on the wrong side with loops... and the elastic being the wrong color under the bicep (should be black for ANH).Ā  Or, I may transform this from ANH to ESB by getting some clam shell hand plates and build this CAP helmet kit sitting in a box beside me as ESB.Ā  I love an excuse to build a new bucket!

Haha there you go! Thank you for the lengthy message:) I will be sure to find the right size belt holster and boots for sure:) where can I get myself an accurate belt aside from TrooperBay? FISD? I NEED to shop around haha I heard TK boots are great. May just go with those. But I'd like to get a black set and paint them white like the originals.. I'll look em up thanks so much!

Haha there you go! Thank you for the lengthy message:) I will be sure to find the right size belt holster and boots for sure:) where can I get myself an accurate belt aside from TrooperBay? FISD? I NEED to shop around haha I heard TK boots are great. May just go with those. But I'd like to get a black set and paint them white like the originals.. I'll look em up thanks so much!

Ā 

I got my belt from tkittell:

Ā 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19803-fs-white-canvas-belts/

Ā 

Nice belt and he puts a piece of plastic in the middle of the canvas to help with strength. Ā 

Ā 

I bought a pair of Bass Amsterdam boots, stripped them of the polish, and painted them white. Ā You can see my whole build on the boots here:

Ā 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25062-maxsteeles-bass-amsterdam-tk-conversion/

Perfect!!! I'll probably do the Amsterdam's! Thanks for the tutorial!! And haha no novel! Its just nice that people put time into what they wrote to give best results bpoodoo!

Looking good! And it's the correct color (black) for the bicep strap.

Ā 

You'd asked about whether to cut the cod part from the ab piece. Very few of the EIB applicants do. On one it caused the belt to sag in front. Some advise waiting til the end to see how things fit and only cut it then if fit absolutely requires it.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright this morning, put the arms together and are at the correct length for me :) time to seal up the legs!

Move the biceps down from inside the bells, and closer together with the forearms for a proper fit. Or you will look bad with a large black gap in the middle of your arms.

There shouldn't be any gap between the top of the forearm and the bottom of the bicep. The biceps though, don't have to be be fitted inside the shoulder bells, they can be one upon another if needed.

12340717315_7f1bfe0913.jpgĀ 12340866013_46ff84e059_z.jpg

Ā 

About elastic, it does the job very well and gives you some flexibility so it is recommanded to use it everywhere. Though if you have issues keeping your sides closed some webbing could help.

There shouldn't be any gap between the top of the forearm and the bottom of the bicep. The biceps though, don't have to be be fitted inside the shoulder bells, they can be one upon another if needed.

12340717315_7f1bfe0913.jpgĀ 12340866013_46ff84e059_z.jpg

Ā 

About elastic, it does the job very well and gives you some flexibility so it is recommanded to use it everywhere.Ā 

Ā 

Listen to this man!Ā  :D

Ā 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19372-correct-bicep-to-forearm-connection-anhesb-video-and-photo-references/

Ā 

Yes, I am a broken record. No, I don't care.Ā  :P

alright! this morning (i tend to work in the mornings on this thing hahah) but i closed up the gaps in the arms!

Ā 

IMG_20140523_105854_zps1af5983f.jpg

Ā 

Also! sealed up the front of the left thigh!

Ā 

IMG_20140523_115314_zps63d26b54.jpg

Ā 

however! Should this be closed?? i lined it up so that it would, glued it but the clamp moved.. bummer it is on the left leg, so the ammo packs wont cover it up but the sniper plate will, i tried to break it apart but its not happening. this glue is ridiculous. but i have some hips plastic in acetone right now to make paste in case if i need to fill it..Ā 

Ā 

Preferences?

Ā 

IMG_20140523_115018_zpsff78a35d.jpg

Edited by Stormy1992