Returning soon....DVH E-11 pipe build kits! V2!

Yes, thats right folks, i have decided to start making these again. However this time they will hopefully be better...less of a pain to assemble and such. I also plan to drop the price a bit. Im making some of the parts from the good test pulls i did, and the rest from newly purchased individual parts. They will still be cast in black onyx urethane resin.

So some of the changes will be:

Kit will be cleaned up and smoothed out, rather than have the texture from the original paint/damage on the base sterling.

there will be no (or very few and small) pour spouts to remove

the grip/handle will be one piece...for now...i will offer the  2 piece handle/grip later as an upgrade.

the center bolt will be hollow to allow wiring

The folding stick will be slightly thickened and the barrel mount for it will be a separate piece.

It will include a resin scope rail (aluminum upgrades will eventually be offered)

There will be a full ESB promo version available.

Im looking at starting them this summer...so keep an eye out for them!

How do these compare to doopydoos kits?

I haven't built one myself but I've seen them in person and builds of then. So I'd say they are a bit harder to build but also a bit more accurate than doopy doo.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yep... im working on better cylinders now. The t-tracks likely wont be included at all. Marv has a good source and those are really the best option.

This kit will hopefully go together easier than the last. trying to keep a bunch of the detail unique to the DVH kits intact, but the texture will be removed and they will be closer to doopy kits in terms of the finish. I also figured out better ways to make the molds to eliminate the pour spouts for the most part so there will be ALOT less sanding/grinding etc. They will still include a scope and counter. (same ones as before supplied by Vern)

Im also going to pre drill holes for screws to attach the parts to the pipe. I will include all screws needed for a super sturdy C/A glue and screw assembly.

I also found short length allen head screws to include for the nozzle, that will be included...no more resin cast allen head bolts...REAL ones will be included.

The ESB kits will include the modded nozzle, ESB scope, ESB greeblies and ESB solid scope rail.

Yep... im working on better cylinders now. The t-tracks likely wont be included at all. Marv has a good source and those are really the best option.

This kit will hopefully go together easier than the last. trying to keep a bunch of the detail unique to the DVH kits intact, but the texture will be removed and they will be closer to doopy kits in terms of the finish. I also figured out better ways to make the molds to eliminate the pour spouts for the most part so there will be ALOT less sanding/grinding etc. They will still include a scope and counter. (same ones as before supplied by Vern)

Im also going to pre drill holes for screws to attach the parts to the pipe. I will include all screws needed for a super sturdy C/A glue and screw assembly.

I also found short length allen head screws to include for the nozzle, that will be included...no more resin cast allen head bolts...REAL ones will be included.

The ESB kits will include the modded nozzle, ESB scope, ESB greeblies and ESB solid scope rail.

Damn it sounds like its going to be great. About how much do you think it will cost?

Around the same price for a ESB?

probably $95 for ESB :)

I got half the molds done today. I also drilled out a casting of the center bolt so its now hollow...will make another mold of  it next.

I also made the stock in 2 pieces...but not like...cut in half....2 pieces like the front part, and then the bar/fork. its pretty awesome. The triangular holes in the sides are cut out so it gives it a more realistic appearance.

Had an oopsie and some parts froze into the molds...but not to worry i got them out and am preparing to re do the rest molds tonight before i go to bed.

Lord willing, i'll have them all done tonight :)

Edited by Darth Voorhees

Sure thing Pete!

Ok so here is the Modded centerbolt...

100_6905_zps3a1c0a39.jpg

100_6907_zpsd63ba042.jpg

100_6908_zps8be17e64.jpg

100_6906_zps71299beb.jpg

I did the stock by taking a casting off the real part and then cutting it up, filling the void with bondo, and hollowing out that front piece. I didnt want to try and take apart the actual folding stock..im pretty sure i would have broken it, and i may want to use it on a personal build :) SO, here it is:

100_6909_zps60dbc738.jpg

100_6910_zpsd6ff33f7.jpg

100_6913_zpseda5cd9e.jpg

100_6911_zps53cae0a0.jpg

100_6912_zps2e8fa2a4.jpg

The center bolt is in rubber now. Still Contemplating the best way to mold the stock parts for the least amount of clean up and air bubbles. The stock gave me ALOT of issues last time.

Edited by Darth Voorhees

FYI, to all.....kits like these are a pain to mold. You definitly need to make 2 sets of molds lol. One mold of the parts, then get the parts pipe build ready then remold. Cost twice as much to start something like this. So like mine Lou will also have to have a 2ND generation cast on at the very least the folding stock parts and grip. Lou what are you making your mold boxes out of? I use wood but I seen people use Legos :P

Legos would be awesome haha! I use cheap foam core board and hot glue.

...and yes, Pete is correct, almost all parts are second gen. I first cast the parts off the original, and then mod those to work with the PVC pipe, and mold again. Some I do 3 times to get them just right.

Was actually thinking of molding the counter in 2 pieces to help keep air pockets to a minimum. Gonna wait till I'm done with all the parts for the ANH and ESB and then if I have any rubber left, I may try it out.

Thanks bud! The old one was just too flimsy and the idea of keeping the original texture on the castings didn't work out the way I hoped. Most also sanded it off, so I decided to make this new kit as clean as I can. Wait till youse the end cap! Lol....I was so excited about how it looks all smoothed out :)

Edited by Darth Voorhees

Yea that's what seemed to happen...is the cleaning up process you end up removing the texture, and then it looks silly being smooth in one spot and textured in another, so i went with smoothing everything out.

Started with the stock mold tonight. Set up the box but am too tired to mix the rubber..so i'll do that tomorrow. After that its just the grip and front sight...then all molds will be done.

Hi Lou looking good my friend I have one the kits you done last year via Derrek in Germany great kit a lot if cleaning up but a lot more detail than the doopys kit would be interested in one of these kits too. ( never can have to many blasters ) :-)

Would you consider offering just parts to upgrade the last kit I bought? I love the new folding stock. It gives it another added element of realism you can't get when its all molded in one piece. 

I haven't even started the first kit I bought off you and already tempted to pick up version 2. Looks great, best of luck!