Looking for RT-Mod info

King_Ninja

Hey guys. I am getting my armor tomorrow (FX Lite) and am now looking for a lid. I wanted to go with RT-Mod. Does anyone know if the email address posted on his website is the right one to contact him? I sent an email to it, but haven't received a reply yet.

Thanks.

Hey guys. I am getting my armor tomorrow (FX Lite) and am now looking for a lid. I wanted to go with RT-Mod. Does anyone know if the email address posted on his website is the right one to contact him? I sent an email to it, but haven't received a reply yet.

Thanks.

He's a pilot and checks his email only once a week or so. Give it a week, he will respond.

I have an entire set of RT Armor on order, I expect delivery any second now. He sent me an e-mail a while ago letting me know that there is a problem with his vacuforming machine which caused a delay in production. But I think I should be receiving my order shortly. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what to do right now. I've got a suit of RT armor on order. When I ordered it RT told me it would be approximatly 4 weeks for delivery. Its is now in the 6th week and it has not arrived. I'm thinking of sending him an e-mail just to check on his progress but I don't want to bug him. I'm sure he's busy and I know he's in and out of town with his job. What should I do ??? :unsure:

:) Hi all. Right now RT still has some vac machine problems, parts or something like that, so like myself, if you have an order in to him it will be some time. I think he is offering to reimburse payments if waned. For me I'll give him a few more months. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I received an e-mail from RT... So far he has been un-able to provide an turn around time as he is still having some problems with his vacuforming machine. I'm don't mind waiting for my armor, I know he is very reputable and I'll get it eventually. But I bought a Condo last year and I'm moving in aound mid May which means I probably be busy through June and maybe even July before I get organized... I don't think I'll be able to start my build untill August which means I won't have time to join the 501st, which in turn mean I will not be ready for this years Fan Expo in Toronto the last week of August....I don't mind telling you I'm feeling a bit depressed right now. :(

That sucks bud. Why not go with FX lite and get a te2 bucket. and when you get your RT convert the FX to a TD. Then you will have the best of both worlds

It's a good plan, I'd love to Steve but unfortunatly money is extremely tight. I gotta stick to just one set up for the time being. :)

I had a great experience with RT. I know his equipment is down but when I ordered my helmet, it arrived fast. I have it all put together and I really like it. I made some changes in the things I didn't like but it was just me being picky.

• The instructions on his site are fair but from putting a helmet together before, it wasn't bad.

• I didn't like the lenses so someone hooked me up with another set

• I live in Texas so I prefer the ventilation that a hard hat liner provides instead of the foam provided... it was nice foam though.

• I told him I wasn't crazy about the ears without the rank indensions. It is a black sticker that is covered by a grey sticker with pill shapes cut out. He said he might change that some time in the future.

• Before I put it together, I painted the inside black... that looks SHARP. Someone else on the boards idea. Thank you!

• I used epoxy putty to create a ring around the eyes on the inside to give me something to mount the lenses too. Same guys idea... Big thank you.

Everything else was great. The face looks great, the aerators were great (needed some touch up paid), the way the helmet goes together in general was fine.

AP, TE2 great accurate sets

Can you send me some info on them? The Rt is not available right now and he has a list of people waiting already.