Confusion on Building/Buying/Ordering ESB Armor

Surftrooper

First off, let me state that I am an armor newbie.  I've never build or bought a TK costume but have read many of the threads so as a little knowledge in the hands of a newbie is probably dangerous, let me apologize in advance if my question seems laughable to any of the seasoned veteran troopers out there who have fought in the Outer Rim. 

I like the ESB style armor the best and that is what I'd like to wear.  It seems to me that the armor kits for sale are mainly ANH derivatives so how does one acquire an ESB style costume?  Is it a matter of buying an ANH costume and modifying it to an ESB?  Or does only the helmet need modified?  Or are there sellers out there of kits for the ESB style?  Is my question a moot point since the ANH armor was basically recyled for shooting ESB?  Am I under the influence of a Sith Lord that is clouding my judgement?

Thanks for reading!

Best,

Surftrooper

Orange County, CA

Edited by Surftrooper

The differences in ESB vs ANH are:

Handguards are plastic clamshells not latex flat plates

the holster is on the right and is on the belt with loops not rivets

The Helmet has a black painted frown, and the tears and tube stripes are decals or stickers.

Thats pretty much it, you can get into more hitpicky things like silk glove liners and sewn on handguards but basically the above list handles ESB.

That being said nearly all armor makers offer clamshell handguards.  TM, and RS both do, and I am fairly sure most others do as well.

The armor for ANH and ESB are the same.

The belt is the same, you just have to buy a looped ESB holster instead of a holster you rivet on like in ANH.

As far as the lid, the basic construction is the same so ANH helmets and ESB helmets are Identical, its just the finishing that differs.  you would paint the frown black, and see if the armor maker (again TM and RS do) has stickers.  You can also go to trooperbay and get ESB style stickers for most helmets.

I use my ANH armor as ESB armor, I just switch lids, gloves/handguard, and belts.

Thanks for the great info, Frank. I see a lot of people selling the helmets seperately. When you buy an armor kit does it typically come with the helmet or is it "outside" the kit usually? Thanks again.

When you build a full kit, it comes with the helmet.

If you buy a lite kit, it comes with the helmet separately.

I do think that you are better buying a full kit. When you buy helmet and armor seperately, you will have a chance if having a color diffrence.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Yup. FYI that it's not considered polite etiquette to discuss armor pricing on the open board, e.g. that is up to the vendors to discuss if they so chose, but not for us to reveal.

And yeah, TM is the shiz if you can get it.

Keep in mind that TM might be somewhat delayed in his responses and armour making for a little while. He had an accident with a new blade and cut his thumb pretty bad.

Keep in mind that TM might be somewhat delayed in his responses and armour making for a little while. He had an accident with a new blade and cut his thumb pretty bad.

Yikes :s

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I just send a mail for information about price/time etc. Super nice customer service, he instantly replied and is very professional. He should be ready for shipping really quick! Unfortunately i ordered a RS lid and i am already disappointed with customer service. If money is no problem, -i- would go for TM! I am on the ATA list but i am already saving up for a TM!

Just my 2 cents!

RS has the general problem of too much demand and too little personnel. They are really nice people however. But they do get overwhelmed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I do not have any doubt that these are super nice people. Its still sad that they do not expand or get more personel or anything.

Maybe i am too critical because my Job is pretty much providing good customer service all day..

Still no doubt the stuff is great.

I will see as soon as the helmet arrives... Finally... ;)

• 3 months later...