E11 Power Cylinder & wires

Bigturc

Guys,

I've looked on Parts of Star Wars but couldn't find the info so here it goes ...

I've received my Power Cylinders for my E11 and they're great (tx again Tony)!

Can someone tell me:

1. Are the wires canon? Should I use them from the counter to the ?Cylinders?? And if so, are they really supposed to enter the back of the cylinders?

2. The Cylinders themselves, where exactly should they be fitted on the ammo clip? Is there good reference pics of this?

Yeah, I know I'm being picky, but I thought I'd ask before fixing them permanently ...

I'm pretty sure both are, but would have to re-watch the movie to be sure. Someone probably can answer this faster than I - I'm equally curious to find out.

You and me Paul,

I'm surprised nobody already answered my question about the cylinders and wires being canon?

I hope I'm not wrong when I say this would get my blaster canon and elite approved!

Actually, IS my blaster from my blaster thread already canon & elite "compatible"? :)

I just watched the important parts of ANH in HD slow mo, and I have the answer. The wires only appear on a couple blasters in ANH, and they are not anything like what everyone puts on their blaster. I was also surprised that only about 50% of the E-11's have counters on them.

Pictures to follow.

Of course I'm willing to share. I can pull HD grabs of anything from the OT, so if there is anything else anyone needs just ask. That's why we'll have the best TK reference section out there.

I think our references esp. for Elite standards should be revisited for their needs, and correct forums/galleries set up. This will be a great 1QCY08 task for the new command team :)

Just had a look at Parts of Star Wars ( thanks to the 2 Chris's for all their work ) , and according to them there were 8 different versions of the E11 in ANH . 5 had the cylinders , 4 of these had Hengstlers , and only 2 had the wires . I suppose by the time the propmakers had finishes making them , they didn't really give a damn if they had wires on them or not .

Here's a pic from there , showing the wires , but it doesn't really help too much .

H9SKLpf.jpg

Just a heads up, take the info on Parts of Star Wars with a grain of salt. They have been incorrect on many things over the years. It's a great resource, and they have done a great job, but the info over there is not gospel.

SuperTrooper said:
I was also surprised that only about 50% of the E-11's have counters on them.

Pictures to follow.

This was my point exactly :lol:

http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?show...amp;#entry21673

Just a heads up, take the info on Parts of Star Wars with a grain of salt. They have been incorrect on many things over the years. It's a great resource, and they have done a great job, but the info over there is not gospel.

Indeed , this is true . What I think it shows though is that no matter what the actual numbers were , there were really no hard and fast rules when they were making these props . They were making them to a very small budget , and as most of them were only for the background troopers , they didn't really need to be consistent . It is only now that we have hi definition capabilities that we can see any of this detail . I'm fairly sure that back then , they didn't really care , as long as the bloke in the white armour looked like he had a kick a very impolite person laser gun in his hand . For me though , my E-11 has all the bells and whistles I can fit on it :)

• 1 year later...

I've been looking for the 'right' wires too. These fit the bill for me.

I found one of these shaver leads (you can get 'em on the bay of fleas for a $/£ or two):

m5cNBfU.jpg

One cable should be enough to do four blasters. :lol:

Took six loops and tore the double cable apart; voilà:

0WuPKit.jpg

• 2 months later...

I've been researching these cylinders for a few days and thought I'd add to this thread

http://sterlingblasterconversion.blogspot....astech-e11.html - This is a great site that i've been using, it has heeps of high res pictures of some original power cylinders being used on a Sterling Build.

http://whitearmor.net/index.php?show...+Power+Cylinder - This is a thread made by Sskunky where he has put up some measurments for the cylinders (halfway down the page)

Also Synaptyx has made up a great Template for you to print and use. using info gained from darksidesithlord and Sskunky

Thanks heeps guys you make life for us noobies so much easier ;-)

• 3 months later...
I've been researching these cylinders for a few days and thought I'd add to this thread

http://sterlingblasterconversion.blogspot....astech-e11.html - This is a great site that i've been using, it has heeps of high res pictures of some original power cylinders being used on a Sterling Build.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?show...+Power+Cylinder - This is a thread made by Sskunky where he has put up some measurments for the cylinders (halfway down the page)

Also Synaptyx has made up a great Template for you to print and use. using info gained from darksidesithlord and Sskunky

Thanks heeps guys you make life for us noobies so much easier ;-)

Amazing convertion!!! B)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys,

I've looked on Parts of Star Wars but couldn't find the info so here it goes ...

I've received my Power Cylinders for my E11 and they're great (tx again Tony)!

Can someone tell me:

1. Are the wires canon? Should I use them from the counter to the ?Cylinders?? And if so, are they really supposed to enter the back of the cylinders?

2. The Cylinders themselves, where exactly should they be fitted on the ammo clip? Is there good reference pics of this?

Yeah, I know I'm being picky, but I thought I'd ask before fixing them permanently ...

Hey all on this thread. I'm going to stick a big greasy spanner in this works. I much prefer an E-11 ANH without a Hengstler or Mag Tubes. The lines are cleaner, the scope looks better and it is far better balanced in your hand.

I only build E-11's with a Hengstler (and Mag Tubes) to house ancillary electronics.

I did a lot of research (many hours) to work out how the wires work. My educated guess as a designer type is that the wires would definitely enter into the back of the Mag Tubes. Where else would they go considering the idea that it was a targeting system.

Any comments guys?

R ;-)

Just been looking through the 2010 special edition of star wars insider and noticed the wires on Mark Hamill's blaster are green. Interesting I thought, the pics are publicity shots.

Would you or someone else with that SWI issue be able to provide a scan? I'd be very interested in seeing that pic!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Any answers to this thread??? I am having the same trouble figuring out the placement of the wires and the exact attachment of the counter on the barrel...just glue it on or is there an accurate bracket??