Another Doopy Doos E-11, pimped build..

SorenM

hmmm,

Guess i have to go and look around for whichever coathanger i can find...

What is the specced with? 2mm?

Sorry to have mislead you...Try the drycleaners, and then "flame" it. The heat will probaly result in a colour change in the metal......

Made a new spring, using the above described method...I think it looks much better now....

rnnHsJi.jpg

Found another small, nearly invisible detail, that I enhanced with my scalpel and black paint....the 100 stamped in the rear sight

a3GZVAk.jpg

Yeah, im just going to buy regular steel wire that is 2mm :P

Nice one:-)....looking forward to seeing your progress and results:-)

Edited by SorenM

The result of this days work:

New spring (se pics on page 4.).

And the magazine "thingy" ( a release button?.)..

Thanks to Simpixels for the template for that. Tried making it in aluminium twice, without success, so opted for plastic, a metal tube and two nailheads instead. ..looks decent to me....:-)

aCAXdUq.jpg

lcAQc8r.jpg

Edited by SorenM

Sweet mother of Blasters! Nice build! Love the weathering. Well done! :)

Thanx a million Maxim :-)....I owe my weathering skills to years spent on painting miniatures:-)...

Been pondering most of the day, as to how to make this E-11 even more realistic looking.

I decided that I wanted to be able to see through the holes in the folding stock, but also be able to see the bar that extends out to form the butt of the weapon. I am really glad that I assembled the folding stock just with screws and a pin in the front

Like this:

iuEZ1oH.jpg

This is how the new tweak looks:

Drilled out the holes ( except the first one as this is where the two parts of the folding stock merges), and ground out the reverse to make room for a new "bar"

TKPbh6O.jpg

The bar (from an old coathanger, it is the exact same width as the casting of the bar):-)...

aT7vX3A.jpg

The bar, and the empty space around it is clearly visible:

qdDCnGu.jpg

New paint and weathering on the stock etc. as well as filling, sand, paint and weather the attachment screws.

Edited by SorenM

Inital weathering done, touch ups tomorrow when I have the daylight...

I am happy that I did it, another tweak towards realism, and only a couple more hours work, and I think it looks better than before....;-)

Qzx3jWp.jpg

YPtMhHX.jpg

Had ordered a cheap monocular on ebay. It arrived today, but alas: the oculars were too small, so I decided another approach to get my scope more realistically looking.

I cut out a disc of plexiglass and then ground it down to the right size using my new favourite tool, the Dremel.

I then ground out the scope to make room for the glass and decal.

zUigdTj.jpg

The surface in the scope was smothed out, as I found it to be too rough, eventhough a decal would cover it up

Decal and ocular installed

L78qrCG.jpg

ibO0Cqe.jpg

I think it turned out decent enough:-)...I have made the glass fit snugly, so I can remove it and install another I desire so.

Edited by SorenM

Nice, I managed to find a glasses maintenance kit which contained a plastic magnifying glass and managed to grind it to suit the size :D

Some more pics of the finished result.

I am in the planning phase of pimping it even more by constructing a working folding stock....maybe it will pan out as I hope.....:-)...not being a craftsman at all, I am treading virgin ground.....let's see.

7zjw02I.jpg

Fu5Ievr.jpg

mYCzgGp.jpg

9JSo2IN.jpg

e1pmYze.jpg

Nice, I managed to find a glasses maintenance kit which contained a plastic magnifying glass and managed to grind it to suit the size :D

Arh lucky you:-)... I think this looks ok, but if I come across some convex glass/plastic I will definately put that in instead:-)...

I used a cut out from a plastic cup for the front end of the scope.....

Okay..

Made some changes.

I exchanged the wires for some thinner ones and then decided to paint them black, as well as give them gloss varnish, just as I did with the pistolgrip. I also ground out the window in the Hengstler, so that it now is raised only a millimeter. Painted the A R and S letters, as they were on some of the original Sterlings....

Only one thing left ( if it works out).. But all in all pretty happy with the result.....thanks to all you guys for inputs and the builds that I used as inspiration and guides...:-)

zHlArQ5.jpg

xrmEKKI.jpg

GwGEFf5.jpg

lX9UpMe.jpg

Y5qe8jI.jpg

KNcULzp.jpg

ljBrs8Q.jpg

kg6wNp9.jpg