Another Doopy Doos E-11, pimped build..

SorenM

One of the nicer ones I have ever seen!!!

Thank you so much Steve.

I must admit that I am pretty happy with the result myself.

Actually I have been thinking about building them on commission or build and sell them assembled and weathered etc. But I think the shipping costs would be astronomic, and thus make the blaster too expensive for people to buy.....which is sad because I really enjoyed building it...:-)

What type of glue/epoxy did you use to bond the pieces together?

I primarily used a two component fast drying epoxy called : Epoxy Rapid 332" from Dana Lim

http://www.danalim.com/product-catalogue/office-hobby/epoxy-rapid-332/

It is very durable once it is hardened. I tried prying the magazine well off, and using as much strength as I dared, it did not move an inch.

I also used Loctite Flextec gel superglue for smaller things like the triggerguard and magazine " thingy"..

• 1 month later...

Added my TK number ( yes I am fully aware of the unoriginality).. (Thanx Simpixels for the numbers...)

I have gotten my hands on a real row of numbers, from another type of counter, that I am trying to get my head around installing....until now the printed numbers will do fine:-)..

qRCuEDY.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That's awesome mate!  I may try my hand at an E-11 at some point - will definitely be using your thread for reference!  Looks great all around.

Thank you so much:-), any questions...just ask:-)

What color paint did unused to get that metallic copper look

I used (if that is what you ask;-)), Citadel paints called Burnished Gold, mixed with a pinch (really just a very small amount), of Beaten Copper..

Edited by SorenM

Sorry!. :-)I have not made any videos ( maybe I should..hmmmm). I used three different techniques:

Paint the weapon overall satin black in several layers.

Shading: water down a dark paint, in this case dark brown/rusty brown and apply it in very small amounts to all the crevises, nooks and crannies, this will create the ilusion of ageing to the metal.

Drybrushing: use a light colour, in this case three different "silvers", gradually applying very small amounts of white into the silver. Dip the brush in the paint, and then remove allmost all the paint in a papertowel, and then gently move the brush across the areas that are "metal" and repeat numerous times. The trick is to apply very very subtle layers and build up the metal colour. Too much and it is evident that it has been painted on. This is done to the scope with bronze/copper and gold paint.

Highlighting: on select areas apply very small amounts of silvery paint, to pick out for instance screws, nuts and bolts, levers, sights etc.

Everything is sprayed with satin varnish, and finally the pistolgrip, and wires are painted with high-gloss varnish to give the illusion of bakelite/plastic.

Hope this gives a very basic explanation. If you make "mistakes", cover with black paint, and redo.

You can look up the techniques on youtube, for videos. The techniques are primarily used when painting miniatures.

Additional questions? Just ask :-)

Thanks for the kind Words :-)..you need to build the Scope rail and bracket for the Hengstler counter(ammo counter).. Ãou can add a lot og stuff, convert and "pimp" (like I an others did) but it is not required. the Hengstler counter is not mandatory. Take a look at the different versions in the film.

The Hengstler counter is included in the Doopydoos kit.

I used (if that is what you ask;-)), Citadel paints called Burnished Gold, mixed with a pinch (really just a very small amount), of Beaten Copper..

Lol typing on an iPad can lead to a plethora do errors.. Thanks for the info I will starting my doopydoo conversion on my gun this weekend.. How did u do the lettering on the scope? Or did your kit come with that?

Ha ha ha yes:-)...I hope there s a special place in hell reserved for the autocorrect;-)..

Here to help others, you're welcome:-)...

The lettering is easily done. The letters are engraved, and the way to get them coloured is to paint into the letters, making sure that the paint is in all of the letters, and then quickly wiping off the excess paint with your finger, leaving only the paint in the letters. Use paint for miniatures, as this is water solluble, and easily removable....clear enough?:-)...

• 2 months later...

HI SorenM.

great job! I will also get into the construction of a blaster. 
I have a kit from doopydos. 
I saw that you had yours stick with Epoxy Rapid 332, in France we do not find, what I could use as an adhesive? 
thank you very much!

stif  :smiley-sw013: