Maxsteele's New NE Armor Build

maxsteele

Don't forget to paint your rivets white (all but the crotch).

I get nervous when I have a reply on my build thread from you. :)

I will absolutely paint my rivets. You will be ashamed of me to know that I do not have the couch rivet / snaps installed yet. I will, just not for this current round.

You've been a wealth of information and motivation for me during this last year of my build. Thank you very much for your knowledge and patience!

Wow Ron lookin great! IF you were to hold a gun to my head, aside from your side rivets and thigh pack rivets needing paint, the only thing that bothers me is the rounded tops of the TD clips against the control panel. This was never seen.  Right side male snap on the top corner of the ab??????

Other than that, you got this nailed!! Congrats, Bro!

Thank you so much Steve!  You have been one that has pushed me to make changes to my build that I never would have dreamed of doing.  It has been a pleasure reading your feedback and working with you to get this build finished!

I will get those rivets painted!  

The rounded tops of the clips is how they came to me when I ordered them.  I'm afraid I don't have any tools to flatten them.  There may be members in my garrison that have experience working with metal that can get them flattened for me.

I will get the male snap in the corner and the snaps / rivet in the cod / crotch area, but not right now.  I'm going to go for base approval and then EIB while taking a break from working on this armor, and then I'll get the remaining details up to Centurion standards.

I did however make bicep hooks last night that work really well and will get those installed in the next day or two.

The males snap isn;t really important right now or for EIB. I t just jumped out at me because of all the level of detail you have accomplished, it might have just been an oversight. Take your time. But in the meantime get into the trenches. Get a couple troops under your belt and soak up some of the joy you are going to bring to kids of all ages. 

Ron, do you have a set of those files that many people use to trim out their helmet teeth? That's what I used on my TD clips to straighten them out a bit. I need to email Evilboy and let him know not to round those edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Armor looks awesome Ron! And congrats on garrison approval!  Legion approval is just days away. Welcome to Cloud City, officially!  :duim:   :smiley-sw013:

Ron, do you have a set of those files that many people use to trim out their helmet teeth? That's what I used on my TD clips to straighten them out a bit. I need to email Evilboy and let him know not to round those edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I do have a set of those. What file did you use and did you use any particular technique to do it? I assume I'm going to file it down to where it widens back out. I think I'll be able to keep my placement of the clips and not have to drill new holes.

Armor looks awesome Ron! And congrats on garrison approval! Legion approval is just days away. Welcome to Cloud City, officially! :duim::smiley-sw013:

Thanks Jason! This has been so many years coming, and now it's going faster than expected! I hope to have an official troop very soon!

It's a pretty awesome whirlwind once your'e in! :duim:  You should have full access to all the CCG boards now.  Sign up for some shifts at the Rose City Comic Con booth in September!  

TK-42430 reporting for duty to Cloud City Garrison!

This was probably one of the longest build threads I have seen on these forums. I checked, second checked, and triple checked myself on this entire build. I had some mistakes (cracked ab plate! Noooooooo!) and was able to overcome them and finish!

Big thanks go out to Steve and Mathias for their extreme patience when I was panicking and didn't know what to do next. You guys really kept me moving forward!

Thank you to all of the NE builders who commented on here and gave moral support with the solidarity of us all having the same kit. Special thanks to Anthony for having the first NE kit to achieve Centurion and giving me a direct kit reference when getting my measurements and strapping finalized.

This is turning into an awards speech. :). I know I'm not mentioning everyone here, but I do want to thank everyone who helped me on this incredibly daunting journey from non-crafter to 501st member. For those who have been following my build for help, please feel free to send me a private message with any questions you have and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

Yeah, I do have a set of those. What file did you use and did you use any particular technique to do it? I assume I'm going to file it down to where it widens back out. I think I'll be able to keep my placement of the clips and not have to drill new holes.

First off, Congrats!!!! Secondly, I wanted to answer your question. I used the widest file in the set, laid the file on a table and then rubbed the end of the clip across it length-wise until most of the arch was taken away. I didn't file it enough to get the square edges, but you could. It would take a while for sure. There might be an attachment on the Dremel that would work, I just didn't try it. For what it's worth, I did not have to re-drill the holes.

Just reach out if you have any other questions.

• 2 months later...