Help before I pay!

cbrant

I just won this auction earlier today and need some advice. Is this helmet worth $90? Can I make any money off of selling it complete? Sorry I'm not too experienced..just wanna know what I bought exactly. Sorry for long link!

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11050.m43.l1123/7?euid=1ddbdffc6b6e46caa827fae3737688e0&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D171082665098%26ssPageName%3DADME%3AX%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1123

$90 isn't a lot, so you're lucky there. But personally I wouldn't want to spend $90 on something that belongs in a bonfire.

What you bid on is a FX  helmet kit and those helmets are deprecated. You can find B-grade (better than it sounds like) kits on this forum sometimes for about $125 that are of much more value for the money.

$90 isn't a lot, so you're lucky there. But personally I wouldn't want to spend $90 on something that belongs in a bonfire.

What you bid on is a FX  helmet kit and those helmets are deprecated. You can find B-grade (better than it sounds like) kits on this forum sometimes for about $125 that are of much more value for the money.

:duim: plus one

FX helmets aren't the best looking buckets out there. They don't look at all like the ones you see on screen. If you're doing a death trooper or making a lamp it isn't a terrible deal for a helmet. 

There's a quiet movement afoot to make these helmets no longer approvable for the 501st. I can't predict if/when that will happen, but that should give you an idea of how many of us in the legion feel about FX helmets.

You may be better off either a) purchasing a kit for not much more money or B) lurking around these forums and wait for an already built helmet to go on sale

Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions.

Aloha,

-Eric

Hit the eject button! Dump the cargo!

Seriously, though, it depends on what you want to do with it. You can get approved (if you're not in the UKG anyway) with it, but you will most certainly want to upgrade it as soon as humanly possible.

However, that lampshade idea sounds pretty kewl...