DVH E-11 blaster kit project

I'd consider a kit with all the trimmings for that price, but would be a tad bit worried about the parts being black coming through customs. Hmmm, I wonder if being in parts is enough not to be an issue.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be down for sending a deposit if the funds will help you....If your end price on all this is around $100 or so you'll be making your money back mighty fast....

Edited by Oztrooper

Yea i wanna try and keep em at an even $100. I think i'll call the scopes and counters the "2392's" to honor Verns contribution to the project :smiley-sw013:

Ā 

ChookaBoom..if you think it will be an issue because the parts are black, id gladly do one in the standard off-white for you if you'd like.

Ā 

Ā 

...BTW..the rubber showed up today! i want to try and get on some molding very soon today and a little tomorrow. I had to finish up a commissioned death trooper for someone today :)

good news! The one mold i was iffy about worked out like a charm. I wanted the grip to "slide" onto this kit the same way it does on the real gun. That meant i had to make a mold with the outside and inside cast. I knew how to do this only by seeing videos, but every application is different and alot of factors are involved. So i calculated to best i could on how to do this and it worked out perfect! It did however take alot of mold rubber, but thats ok, as this piece doesnt need to be modded and remolded. A garrison mate of mine, John, that some of you may know from the MEPD as Quartermaster, is also contributing by getting me more supplies in exchange for a kit as Tony did here. I cant thank Tony, and John enough. This keeps this project moving forward. I think its safe to say that by sometime in January i will be offering kits.

Ā 

So here is the result of the grip molding...

Ā 

The black one is the original

100_4127.jpg

100_4130.jpg

100_4131.jpg

100_4129.jpg

100_4128.jpg

Ā 

I am VERY happy with the results.

Ā 

Aside from it just looking more realistic having the grip separate, it also allows you to add real bolts if desired to the areas where the real bolts were with little to no modification.

Ā 

Its details like this that i hope will set this kit a step above the rest.

As it stands, it is already head and tails above the rest.

Ā 

I think we have one of the most detailed and accurate kits coming out here, which it seems is your goal. Right on.

Every new cast you show looks fantastic! I can't wait to get my kit so I can stop borrowing my fellow trooper's Hyperfirm (and I can get my Centurion status-eh, Mathias ;) ). I wouldn't be opposed to my kit being white. Would the black plastic make it more difficult to make it look more weathered?

Which ever colour you would still have to paint with silver first. I allready have two E-11's but I may have be purchasing one of these :D

if I had a blaster formed in black plastic, I would still paint it flat black, drybrush it with silver and then cover that with matte clear.

the grips of course should be formed in black plastic, and then they would be perfect out of the box.

Ā 

you would not want to paint the entire blaster silver, that's really a waste of paint.

Ā 

with a system with a grip like this we should be able to have a working trigger group too!

Every new cast you show looks fantastic! I can't wait to get my kit so I can stop borrowing my fellow trooper's Hyperfirm (and I can get my Centurion status-eh, Mathias ;) ). I wouldn't be opposed to my kit being white. Would the black plastic make it more difficult to make it look more weathered?

Ā 

Thanks Tony! Nope no more difficult, or expensive..just depends which resin i buy. Id likely have some of the off-white resin on hand for anyone that thinks thay may have issues with customs...but i will primarily cast them in black. Ideally, like Vern mentioned, you wouldnt want to paint the grip. As the grips on the real sterling were Black Plastic.

Ā 

Ā 

Exactly Vern,i wouldnt see why you would paint the entire blaster silver first for this particular application Glen. I do mine exactly like Vern said. Flat black (i use black primer as it has a more gun-like greyish tone to it) dry brush with some silver and matt clearcoat it.

Ā 

Still not sure how i could get the trigger to be able to work, but i'll figure it out. Id have to cast the entire trigger group separate, and the "outer" frame of the grip. the problem with that is the resin would be fairly thin on the frame the trigger group goes in and may easily break. But i'll figure something out. This is a feature id like to have as an option when building. The first batch will have the trigger group cast into the frame of the grip Similar to doopy's but with a separate outer grip.

I would use sheet metal sides to the trigger group, laser cut side panels from the originals.

the replica would have resin casts of all interior parts in the group.

the pins could also be resin? or maybe aluminum?

Ā 

and a resin trigger made from a more high impact resin.

this way you could make the assembly a hybrid, and it could have a spring,

and a micro switch "bay" sculpted into it. it would slide into the lower trigger group sleeve,

and we'd have a working trigger group for electronics.

Ā 

the goal being to replicate the interior of the trigger group.

this would be groundbreaking!

Ā 

or you could go with a mech style trigger and let the bolt action with a real spring activate the micro switch at the base of the

barrel assembly. ( with this option you'd have to make the spur larger to use with a thicker walled receiver tube. )

Ā 

imagine all the people... getting a kit with PVC pipe, sheet metal grip frame. resin trigger group and resin parts.

Ā 

next let's upgrade the clip area to use a resin replica cut off clip, with a working magazine group?

Ā 

making a replica trigger group is probably the most desired aspect of an e-11

Ā 

I just sent christmas funds to help with the project lou!

Ā 

happy holidays!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Thanks everyone for the kind words. im doing my best with this project!

Ā 

Thank you Vern..for the ideas and the funds.

Ā 

I just got this new android phone (my first one) that im posting this with for Christmas and now have full internet on it and saw your payment this morning. Thank you so much. More rubber has been ordered. Between this, and the batch im getting from Quartermaster over on the MEPD, i should have enough rubber to complete all the molds. Hopefully. lol. But so far it seems im on schedule for a mid to late January introductory run.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Darth Voorhees

Ok one more batch of rubber is on the way, and i think that will be it!

Ā 

So i started a thread to gauge interest which will turn into the purchase run. If your interested in a kit, please post there! I am posting it on the MEPD as well, so slots may fill quick! Only doing 12 to start!

Ā 

Check it out here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22600-dvh-e-11-blaster-kit-anh/

lol thanks Derrek! Hope your right! lol.

Ā 

Thanks Jeff!

Ā 

i will be continuing to post here as i finish up the casting of the last few parts.

Ā 

The only large part left id the stock, which for now will be 1 piece, resin, non functioning.

Ā 

Down the line, i will make aluminum/resin folding stock upgrade kits to have it function.

Ā 

I just have these parts left to cast:

rear cap, the inner barrel parts, trigger, trigger guard and the selection switch. Most of these can be done in one day..just waitin for that last batch of rubber!

Ā 

Thanks again for everyones support on thisd project! I hope everyone will enjoy these kits!

Ā 

Im hoping to build myself a kit before i start taking payments so everyone can see one built. Just hope i have enough black resin for the one for myself lol.

Ā 

What do you guys think about incuding an "instuction sheet" with the kit? I was thinking about doing that since there will be more parts than the doopy's kit. You guys think you'll need that?

Ā 

Ā