Height = 6'1"

Weight = 185 lbs

Boots = TK Boots

Canvas belt = Trooperbay

Hand Plates = Karin's (Sonnenschein) flexible ANH white rubber hand guards

Electronics= Aker + IComm

Neck Seal = Trooperbay

Holster = Unknown, used from Daetrin

79 pictures below, hope it covers everything. Some pictures may show Centurion specifc requirements instead of EIB requirements, hope that's no prob :)

Bucket off:

77340585.jpg

98046222.jpg

75843068.jpg

Front, bucket on

23110914.jpg

64545758.jpg

Left side views

48019320q.jpg

38407486.jpg

51254642.jpg

79101694.jpg

52667075.jpg

21229518.jpg

Back view:

11865985.jpg

61129427.jpg

21041285.jpg

Shoulder straps.. not an EIB requirement but it guess it shows what's the next step ;)

45874422.jpg

Detail on detonator

37415004.jpg

71271895.jpg

25099204.jpg

Right profile view:

44664264.jpg

89108908.jpg

89600511.jpg

87833222.jpg

21702182.jpg

25572765.jpg

Front details:

12636152.jpg

Gloves / flex. rubber (latex-like) handguards:

19940893.jpg

Helmet details, handpainted frown, earbumbs & vocoder. Decals are AP specific ANH handpainted style decals:

46585444.jpg

86084101.jpg

73319062.jpg

94472898.jpg

Some more side detail (holster) pictures:

60462703.jpg

61407229.jpg

97874897.jpg

86635775.jpg

19769878.jpg

More helmet details (eyes are indeed sometimes visible, but that is because of the very bright flash.. normal view obscures the eyes enough):

43594888.jpg

17373821.jpg

35529614.jpg

64838138.jpg

63667834.jpg

77735313.jpg

52804644.jpg64624841.jpg

S-style helmet trim:

84763278.jpg

36451784.jpg

Action pictures:

13033936.jpg

50000006.jpg

64692784.jpg

76928803.jpg

Some more detail on the neck seal and shoulders:

21943271.jpg

99503330.jpg

33287947.jpg

Lightly scuffed boots (like some of the other details in this thread, not needed for EIB but you know the idea ;) ).

91542770.jpg

79919498.jpg

Sniper knee

59296371.jpg

Ammo pack with rounded corners:

48661890.jpg

Crotch & buttplate details on the snaps and such

46246362.jpg

49720467.jpg

86005301.jpg

Some more detail pics of the front & belt:

32427525.jpg

14095979.jpg

36235206.jpg

54490223.jpg

The inside, built with the original brackets

90599564.jpg

72517742.jpg

20602717.jpg

68947301.jpg

80322069.jpg

55330455.jpg

30025878.jpg

Some blaster pictures:

78066650.jpg

22445990.jpg

91506564.jpg

91316061.jpg

68738693.jpg

25870545.jpg

D-ring on the Hyperfirm blaster (and a (blurry) scope decal):

22380389.jpg

Ok, one more action pic to finish it all :)

62672409.jpg

Great selection of photos Trooper. Congrats on the build and good luck with your EiB submission here. This is the first AP kit I think I have seen in my short time here with the original bracket strapping method, well done. Overall the parts seem to fit you well. Here are a couple of observations for improvement tweaks, hopefully not keeping you from EiB):

1. Thigh ammo belt is not riveted in the correct place, the rivet needs to be more in the corner of the belt. Exactly where, well, that was a whole other thread of contention I don;t want to get into, but if you review other Centurion builds, you will get a sense of where to place it. hit me up via PM and I can show you where I placed mine and its measurements.

2. The Same thigh, it looks like the covers strip is not fully glues down on the front outside edge.

3. Your kidney and shims seem to BOW out, not sure what to suggest to pull them a little more flat.

4. did you use the AP supplied green lens gel? if so, that really should get replaced with darker lens, welders mask replacement lens or perhaps the kind that TrooperBay sells. hard lens will also protect your eyes from shoot the trooper nerf bullets (if you guys do that on the island).

5. Shorten the straps between your shoulder bells and the chest/back strap if possible. You could also move the snap on the shoulder strap forward a bit to keep the bells rotated forward. I had to take the extra step to move the snap IN the shoulder bell forward to keep mine from sliding back.

6. in one of your first few photos from the rear, your LEFT shin's rear coverstrip does not appear to be glued well near the bottom. I mistakenly thought it was opening the wrong way until I saw your final photo.

Again, I don't think any of these prevent EiB, but the should looked at improve overall look of your kit. Congrats on the build and once more.. Good Luck.

Holy crapamole. All 79 photos! And here I was sorting through them this morning to suggest which ones to use. LOL I'm glad I checked the forum first.

I still contend that you should ditch the original strapping between chest and ab and go with elastic to bring your chest down ;)

Clamps is spot-on with his observations. I'm sure our DO will have more to say.

Good luck man.

-Eric

I'm not agreeing completely with Charles. The thigh cover strips are not supposed to go all the way down, as he suggests. And the back of the shin "gap" is a result of the hook and elastic method that can be spotted if looking carefully. So that's not a problem.

The knee ammo belt is riveted in the wrong position though. The rivet should be in the top corner. Rather than 10% down and 40% in as yours, 5% down and 5% in is a better position. Futhermore the radius of the rounded bottom of the knee belt is too small. It should be roughly twice as large. A good tip on this is to place a paint spray can on the belt lined up with the outer belt boxes and trace the can until you get to 90 degrees and then just go vertically straight up.

As for the bowing out kidney I would recommend taking a look at that. It may need some work on your shims. Overall, I think AP is too small for your frame.

I do not see a need to shorten any of the torso elastics, but I would suggest shortening the elastics holding your shoulder bells.

I would also suggest moving the shoulder bridges (by this I mean the ribbed plastic parts) slightly back in order to be able to glue them down properly and not have that gap between them and the chest when seen from the side.

And for the helmet paintjob I suggest you go over it once more with a fine brush and do another layer on the black lines, as well as the grey frown. It will help to smooth out the lines, and make them look less jagged.

But for EIB approval, this is still an easy pass. :duim:

I'm not agreeing completely with Charles. The thigh cover strips are not supposed to go all the way down, as he suggests.

Mathias, I think you mis-understood, or I mistyped or both....either way I am not suggesting the coverstrip be extended, I am suggesting the GLUE is not holding the strip down completely. purely a cosmetic tweak.

thighglue.jpg

Same for the shin, I understand that gap on the inside is inherant in the hook method, but the outside of the coverstrip again does not appear to be fully glued down and there is something black sticking out.

shinglue2.jpg

Anywho, CONGRATS on the EiB Trooper! :salute::duim:

Ah, you meant that with the thigh. Yes, that is obviously not glued down very well.

And yeah, at second look it seems almost as the shin closes outwards instead of inwards. That needs to be adjusted if that's the case.

Thanks Charles. :)

Wow I'm surprised but very, very happy with the fast approval! Very awesome! :D

I will come back to you on the comments (don't have too much time right now, will have to bring my daughter to school in a bit), I love the constructive way they're given, they're really helpful (that was kind of the scariest part, what kind of critic would be given..) and Julie is correct, we're going to fix those for sure :duim:

Thanks all, after I drilled the holes, I looked at the reference caps and was pretty sure the rivets were off. I hate to even admit the silly mistake, but we were moving fast and we put the belt on the wrong thigh to begin with! As I suited Svache up, the shin cover strip did unglue a bit at the bottom, we can fix that. For the bowing out on the kidney shims, I am not sure what to do there...I used abs on mine, and I did not like how it did not curve in to fit me. So we used a thin sign for svache, but it he has a little extra roll on the side we need to pull in! maybe backing the shims with solid ABS will help...will give it a shot. I did not catch the loose cover strip on the thigh, will lock it down. Do you all think the AP is just too small for centurion?

AP in itself is not too small for approval. Not even on a larger guy like Jeroen. But it should be noted that AP is not the best choice for someone of this size. As it is now, it's like buying a size S shirt and getting your sewing maching out to make it fit a size L body instead of just buying a size L shirt in the store to begin with.

Congratulations on being awarded your EIB.

I am pleased that both Clamps and Mathias have given constructive comments.

I made these notes earlier and I think they have all been covered by the others...

Both shoulder bells too far out.

Right side AB shim too bowed out

Left shin rear cover strip

Right hand guard not glued down properly.

TD rivet too close to panel and thus on show.

Thigh ammo pack missing correct bottom rounded curve

Messy vocoder painting

Messy ear bump black surround painting.

Front right shoulder strap not glued down properly, lifted corner.

-------

On reflection, take a look a your right hand guard and the rivet positioning on your TD.

Sorry for my late reply, I was outside the house for a bit so couldn't reply earlier. Anyways, to come back to the comments :)

First to Charles's comments

1. The ammo belt is correct, we will have to take the rivets out, place them in the correct location and fill up the gap.

2. When we did the shoot, we did notice the shin cover strip was slightly loose in the bottom, we didn't notice the thigh. Thanks for noticing, I'll make sure to inforce that.

3. The kidney and shims is a bit hard. I have some loose baggage at the sides (I would say it comes with the age but I have had it all my life lol), so we'll have to figure that one out.

4. Yep, it's the supplied green lens, I ordered a new one Sunday night so I expect that to arrive somewhere this week so I can replace that. It is indeed very flinsy, I didn't see anyone shoot with nerf bullets yet, but you never know what kids may do. Plus I have one bad eye, I better keep the other in tact :)

5. Thanks for the tip of moving the snap inside the shoulder bell, we'll take a look what we can improve on that part.

6. You're absolutely correct, we noticed this during the shoot so it's on the to-do list to get it all nice and glued up again.

Eric:

lol you told me before you're not a fan of the original strapping haha. Perhaps we should indeed take a look at taking the strapping off between the chest and ab, I agree there's more chance in bringing the chest down with just elastic (plus it would probably also give me more freedom of moving my neck if the chest is a bit down).

Mathias:

Yeah, when I went with AP, I never thought it would be so much smaller than some of the other armors (per example, the armor in my avatar is Edwin's TE2, which seems to be better for my size (see also this image, where I'm wearing his armor: http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5112/18502242254050715109328.jpg )). Sadly it's not just my length, but also my waist span that does this.

- Will fix the ammo belt, that should be fairly simple to do. The hardest part may be filling the gap but I've seen it done before so I know we can do it =)

- I'm uncertain what exactly you mean with the shoulder bridges. Could you point me to the picture so I get an idea what to look for?

- Will try on the paintjob.. I have VERY shaky hands when I have to do something like that but will try my best :D

- As for the shins, I just took a quick picture with my phone to show how they close. The shin in the picture is the right one (no sniper plate):

20121113125408.jpg

Thanks so much all for the comments. We can (and will) work on them to improve the built :) (just not today, today I'll celebrate the EIB status ;) ).

Oops, sorry Phil, I missed your comments when I was writing the other post (I took my time lol). Thank you too for the comments, we'll take those as well with the improvement of this build :)

Yeah, here. I can't circle the area (well, I can, but I'm lazy). Look at the shoulder bridges and you'll see there's a gap between them and the chest in their outer corners. Look at the shadows and you'll spot it easily.

33287947.jpg

Great attitude for taking the constructive feedback in stride. Be proud of how far you have come. And soon you'll be all ready to head for Centurion!

once more CONGRATS on your EiB appointment.

Thanks Matthias, I see what you mean, will take a look at that as well =)

Thanks so much Jenny, Charles and Phil, it's a learning process in my opinion, we can only grow from comments like these :)

Edited by svache

Congratulations on being awarded your EIB.

I am pleased that both Clamps and Mathias have given constructive comments.

I made these notes earlier and I think they have all been covered by the others...

Both shoulder bells too far out.

Right side AB shim too bowed out

Left shin rear cover strip

Right hand guard not glued down properly.

TD rivet too close to panel and thus on show.

Thigh ammo pack missing correct bottom rounded curve

Messy vocoder painting

Messy ear bump black surround painting.

Front right shoulder strap not glued down properly, lifted corner.

-------

On reflection, take a look a your right hand guard and the rivet positioning on your TD.

All good feedback...will try to find a good detail painter, it is not my forte LOL!

On the TD rivet, how should it be? The rivet is too close, but the bracket is in the right spot? Or do we need a gap in between the panel and the bracket? Those are the standard Jesse brackets, we just used rivets instead of screws because the endcaps stuck on during the test LOL.

The rest is easy fixes to dial it in better, Mahalos all!

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works about the TD.

In your pic of the rear of the TD, we can clearly see it sitting on the back on the belt.

From the direct back view on the pics that we see, this is not normally what we are supposed to see.

We are supposed to see the TD button panels on top.

We are not supposed to see much of the metal clip under the panel and not to see the mounting rivets.

You may be able to simply correct the TD look by giving the TD a slight twist whilst still connected to the brackets.

Try and hide the bottom mounts from direct view, and show a bit more of the TD top button panel.

The round top thumb button is usually facing towards the top :)

Phil: In talking with Ed (TK5707) just now I'm thinking that those clips were made for a properly sized TD and its possible that the TD in question is a smaller diameter. Hence the weird placement of the panel.

Mathias: While Phil is totally right. Do you care much?

-Eric

med_gallery_14191_18_187543.jpg

61129427.jpg

Phil: In talking with Ed (TK5707) just now I'm thinking that those clips were made for a properly sized TD and its possible that the TD in question is a smaller diameter. Hence the weird placement of the panel.

Mathias: While Phil is totally right. Do you care much?

-Eric

I'm thinking it might be a result from AP using a smaller diameter pipe, and there's in that case not much to do about it other than replacing the whole thing. Which we obviously don't require. But replacing the rivets with flat head machine screws would be a nice touch.