Wallet/phone when trooping?

You should get a life. Because Star Wars is a Movie. You don't see any troopers go to bathroom in Star Wars. Does it means you have to hold it the whole event ? Yeah, right.

No.

You just de-kit.

Hundreds manage this way, why can't you?

And you should learn some manners. ;-)

And bladder control.

No.

You just de-kit.

Hundreds manage this way, why can't you?

And you should learn some manners. ;-)

And bladder control.

This is not the point at all. The guy is asking tricks to keep important belonging on him. That's it. That doesnt mean he will hang out in the middle of a trooping event, talking on the phone while eating a hot-dog. While the phone might not be essential, it's not a luxury to have ID and cash. Just like I told, I went to some Bar for Halloween, and having ID on me spare me the PITA to remove my helmet every time I want to get in or order.

This is not the point at all. The guy is asking tricks to keep important belonging on him. That's it. That doesnt mean he will hang out in the middle of a trooping event, talking on the phone while eating a hot-dog. While the phone might not be essential, it's not a luxury to have ID and cash. Just like I told, I went to some Bar for Halloween, and having ID on me spare me the PITA to remove my helmet every time I want to get in or order.

And if you bothered to read my posts I said nothing about this initially.

I said :

Phil mate, don't bother. ;)

Your on a hiding to nothing, trust me I have tried. Compared to the UKG they tend to do it vastly different in most trooping parts of the world bud. B)

So you will note, I hope, that I in fact tried to avert this very discussion.

However, to answer the "keep important belonging on him" problem:

Simple.

Give your valuables to your spotter/squire/handler at an event.

If your daft enough to wear an expensive easily damaged costume that limits movement and visibility so much you would be hard pushed to react to any negativity /trouble/act of god/natural disaster befalling you then take a bright pink hand bag for all I care. :D

Atleast that way you will stand out from the crowd. :pint1:

In every civilized country in the world you need an ID, and unless there's a locker fastened to the building and a padlock on it, I'm not separating myself from my only means to identify myself or catch a trip home. The odds of incidents happening aren't defined by one person's vision applied on others in hostile tones.

For biobreaks you can partially de-kit. If you grab your neck wallet by pulling on the string you can take some money out in 15 seconds. You need to check if your kids at home are fine, go hide behind curtains for 1 minute. If you can eat/drink cleanly in your suit to save 30 minutes then why not. Mobility, strange objects sticking out? Please. It's a full body armor.

Every hour can make a huge difference for charity. Many troopers think about trooping as a 3 hours straight job tops. Well 3 hours is when I have to scratch my nose for the first time.That's why nobody gets to tell one trooper how to run his gig beyond the obvious.

But if the agenda here is making the det look bad then it doesn't matter what we say. Let's have an awkward CEII, mates!

Edited by Nicky

In every civilized country in the world you need an ID,

Carefull mate.

Not in the UK or atleast not to be on you at all times, and whilst not everyones cup of tea we do like to think of ourselves as atleast partialy civilised. ;)

Edited by carbonitekid

To tribute something helpful on my part:

Strap your phone to your biceps like joggers do and yous a bluetooth handsfree set. Problem solved!

Put some bucks/quids/visa and your ID in a zip loc bag so it doesn't get wet and put it in your boot. (That what I do when I go out)

• Like 1

I will be attempting to modify the drop boxes on my ammo belt so although they look canon on the outside, the plan is to use them for storage on the inside...not a lot of storage I know but should be enough for ID, credit cards, cash, even a cell phone if it's small enough (as long as it's turned off or silenced)...there aren't many empty pockets in stormtrooper armor but there is the thermal detonator and drop boxes to consider for storing things..

There is a gentlemen (his name is Keith...kwdesigns2@verizon.net) who makes inner drop boxes for AP style armor...so with an inner and an outer I'm sure a creative person can construct something with these drop boxes to be a rudimentary storage device to hold what are essentials for some folk.

There are a lot of creative people on this site which is important so challenges such as this can be worked out.....if I can create a drop box storage device I'll post my solution for all to benefit from...it could be a little while though with the year winding up there is so little time.....:)

Handlers are your solution especially if there is no secure place to leave your gear. I suggest bringing sith cheerleaders wherever you go:

------------

When I troop I do so a plane ride away from my family. I try to keep my phone near by in case they need to reach me. Now that we have a TB that troops often I intend to use him and his pouches as my phone mule.

If I need to bring ID and cash for "beverages" I either stuff a ziplock in my glove or Velcro one inconspicuously in my chest plate.

-Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I appreciate the helpful tips everyone, thanks.

I wanted to clarify, I chose my words poorly. I said trooping, I didn't mean actual trooping at an event. I meant just wearing the kit, (for example at a Halloween party). If I were doing a proper event I would of course hold myself to different standards. I don't think the passive aggressive remarks are really warranted, especially as I'd like to qualify that I don't actually represent the Swiss garrison.

I'm totally new, just got my suit. If I make a faux pas, it's neither accurate nor fair to use that to judge the Swiss garrison. Again, if I were taking part in a formal troop I would definitely hold myself to a different standard of conduct than just going out with my friends.

Mea culpa on the poor choice of wording for the title and OP. I've since edited it to more accurately reflect what I was trying to say.

I wanted to clarify, I chose my words poorly. I said trooping, I didn't mean actual trooping at an event. I meant just wearing the kit, (for example at a Halloween party). If I were doing a proper event I would of course hold myself to different standards. I don't think the passive aggressive remarks are really warranted, especially as I'd like to qualify that I don't actually represent the Swiss garrison.

I'm totally new, just got my suit. If I make a faux pas, it's neither accurate nor fair to use that to judge the Swiss garrison. Again, if I were taking part in a formal troop I would definitely hold myself to a different standard of conduct than just going out with my friends.

Mea culpa on the poor choice of wording for the title and OP. I've since edited it to more accurately reflect what I was trying to say.

Looks like you got in the middle of some crossfire and forum drama. It's not your fault and don't worry about it. Most of us here are quite nice. If you go with RS and do even a decent job at assembling it you should have no trouble joining the Swiss Garrison. I've met a few of them and they are very nice people. Try to find Adrian Vögeli, he's Swiss and has a very nice RS suit. So I imagine he might be able to give you some good advice, along with what you can find here on the forum. :)

Good luck, and remember to make a build thread as well so the rest of us can bask in the armour goodness. (And give you some help and advice along the way) ;)

Lock everything securely in the car, wear keys around my neck with a lanyard under the armor.

+1. If my wife isn't available to hold my stuff, I lock everything in the car and keep my keys in a pouch around my neck.

I agree with Mathias, don't feel bad, you didn't ask anything wrong. You asked a valid question and I hope somewhere in here you found an answer you could use.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions, this kind of crossfire isn't an everyday occurance and we will do all we can do to help you out.

When I found out my droid phone fits inside my left forearm armor, it's been there for cons ever since. I now just tape my car key behind my chest armor and just put my money in one of those neck pouches.

I use a travel neck wallet for a bit of cash, credit card, ID and my iPhone. It all fits in really flat and unobtrusive behind the ab piece. I keep the rest of my valuables locked in my Stanley bin which has key locks on the hasps and padlock holes.

As far as a phone while trooping, It's such a pain to even get it out and use it, especially with the rubber gloves on. I need to remove my forearms just to get em off, so I just forget it altogether. Also, I've found that I'm having such a great time I don't want to be bothered by a phone call anyway. It can wait.

Good luck with your build!

Edited by Solcar23

I make sure everything is secure but i dont carry it... if theres something i really cant do without (food, drink etc) then i simply go back to get it, i try to stay in character when in the public veiw but if i need to do something i will go out of sight then remove my bucket & gloves then i go back out and if anyone asks why i dont have a helmet on i tell them im a rebel spy in stolen armour lol, but i have found people are very interested in the people under the "white" and have some very interesting conversations with people whilst in armour but without bucket. ive even had a few people start looking into trooping themselves after talking to me "face to face"