Boots: TK Boots

Belt: White canvas, AM parts, TK0812 inner boxes

Holster: Ebay - bmlt1138

Gloves: Hatch BNG190 Flight

Hand plates: AM ANH

Thermal detonator: AM with custom clips

Blaster: Hasbro with Doopy mod and a lot of customization

Electronics: Aker amp and dual Allelectronics squirrel fans

Yes, I left a lot of plastic on the scrap pile to get this AM kit to fit my frame.

I used Pandatrooper's AM build as a rough guide for this build. Hedji's WIP was also really helpful, as he ran into some of the same issues I did.

Note that I'm NOT taking this to Centurion. You won't see the side rivets and extra snaps in the cod/butt.

That said, I did do some extensive work on the back plate to scale it down a bit and add a new return edge. I also put a fair bit of extra work into the Doopy mod, adding the scope rail, lower cooling holes, bolt, spring, and improved LED/driver circuit. Inner drop boxes have also been added to the belt.

I will be cutting the AM hand plates down about 25% and putting on a new return edge. I'm holding that off until I finish my wife's TX build.

This was a fun build and I'm looking forward to repeating it for my wife. With scissors, heat gun and hobby iron, the AM kit is quite flexible.

Here goes......

Bucket off and my best smirk.

SAM_0554.jpg

SAM_0550.jpg

SAM_0524.jpg

SAM_0529.jpg

EDIT: I just noticed that I left out the foam bit on the back plate that pushes it out from my back to almost flush with top of the kidney plate. :P

Forgot to hot melt that piece in.

SAM_0533.jpg

SAM_0536.jpg

SAM_0541.jpg

Hard to tell since this is a butt joint, but the Velcro closure is seamed on the inside of the calves.

SAM_0538.jpg

Took a ton of ABS off the button plate so it sits more flush with the AB plate.

SAM_0532.jpg

Canvas belt courtesy of my wife!

SAM_0540.jpg

Rivet covers installed on belt. 3x

SAM_0497_zpsb7abb00c.jpg

Hovi closeup

SAM_0505_zpsec3693b2.jpg

EDIT: Added side pic of bucket showing screws and paint work

SAM_0563.jpg

Holster rivets. Chamfer put on belt edge.

SAM_0495_zps4770953b.jpg

Used Pandatrooper's method for the clips. The TD is not going to fall off with this thing in place.

SAM_0561.jpg

Doopy/Hasbro. Scope rail, bolt spring, and bolt added as well.

SAM_0500_zps14a05ec2.jpg

Charge cables and extra vent holes added here. Site and trigger milled out.

SAM_0498_zps1e794b6b.jpg

Cadillac tail lamp replaces Hasbro stock and is REALLY bright with new drive circuit.

SAM_0501_zps455d31f7.jpg

SAM_0502_zps0a116e18.jpg

So, here it is. Thanks for taking a look at this! ;)

Edited by Gep

Nice work. Purely cosmetic but wondering if your shoulder bells could come in a little closer to your chest straps? Right bell more so it looks like in the pic.

Ps. Remember me? Was that guy that helped you fix your strap in the hallway at GenCon :)

Edited by bigironvault

Thank you all for the compliments!

Nice work. Purely cosmetic but wondering if your shoulder bells could come in a little closer to your chest straps? Right bell more so it looks like in the pic.

Ps. Remember me? Was that guy that helped you fix your strap in the hallway at GenCon :)

Yeah Keith, I totally remember you. I was trying to get to the vendor area for an appearance we signed on for and you saved my butt with a hallway strap fix!

Roger that on the shoulders. We tweaked them a lot on the picture setups. As large as they are, they tend to scoot around a bit. I will look into securing them better.

Not bad. Approved. :duim:

Thank you for the quick approval!

thx again everyone!

Fitting the AM kit on a 5' 6" female is the next challenge for me. I think this project was good training for that. I see a lot of work with the hobby iron and return edges in my future.