I'm sure I already know the answer but...

Darksyde

Thank you. I would love to know the tricks of spotting these. If anything just to avoid making posts asking what everyone thinks about them.

Simple answer?

Research.

If your like most of us you have a raging desire to armour up and money burning a hole in your pocket.

Ignore it for as long as you can.

Search as many threads as you can on here to find the best armour for both your build and your needs. During this research you will soon learn the basics of identifying the poo from the shinola. If not then do as you have done: post a pic/link. No one here will begrudge you for doing so.

If you look at the other auctions and the listing format it's clear that it's another of AM's accounts on ebay just like sitharmor.

Then the question should be asked:

If they/he is such a stand up seller why the need for multiple Ebay acounts?

If you look at the other auctions and the listing format it's clear that it's another of AM's accounts on ebay just like sitharmor.

Really???

501st Approved Around The World!

Shame. AM should know better.

In big bold letters - no suit can really claim to be 501st approved, until it's been fitted to the wearer.

You can take a TM or RS suit and make is to that it is not 501st approvable. You can take an FX plop an AP helmet on it and it can be totally 501st approved.

So any claim referencing 501st or FISD should be ignored.

The other "tell" for AM is that the chest/back are massive and very angular, and if you have a pix of AM compared to a TE derived one it's very easy to spot.

So any claim referencing 501st or FISD should be ignored.

But I find it hard to ignore the red flags and alarm bells that go off in my head...

If it said 'approvable', rather than 'approved' though, that would be a whole different story.

I think the confusion over 'tells' was that it was implied you could tell that this was real, not recast.

Actually it's AM, not recast AM.

How can I tell though?

Chest piece.

I would think a recast AM chestpiece would look an awful lot like a real one, except:

Besides, I've seen sharper AM pulls.

Yeah.

Troopers helping Troopers.

Except poor Jason here.

Anyone want to actually say what the 'tell' is?

Right, sorry I asked.

But yet AM is listed in the getting started thread.

• 2 weeks later...

to clarify, mypropcollection aka sitharmor aka tkboots (aka AM? well you guys know). i saw in this thread http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=18318 that is the account he lists the extra stuff from his website

Edited by DizzyStormtrooper