The Most Interesting thing Ive seen on ebay in a long time

Smitty

Absolutely the last thing I would have guessed to pop up on ebay.

Gino V2

Anybody got a stack I can borrow? :P

Looks legit to boot.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Thats what I thought too. If you read all the fine print though he has done his best to discourage recasting such as coating the inside of the helmet with a reasonably thick layer of clear epoxy and welded the nuts and bolts in to prevent disassembly. Pretty smart if you ask me. I put it in my watch list. I'm very interested to know what this thing moves for.

He even made it possible for RPF members to arrange 2 payments...guess he doesn't like us as much :(

Is that the normal price these go for?

If you ask me, this helmet looks awesome!!! And for once, I must admit I don't hate the bumpy cap like I do normally!

If the helmet is 1000$, I can't imagine the price of a whole armor .. :|

Is that the normal price these go for?

If you ask me, this helmet looks awesome!!! And for once, I must admit I don't hate the bumpy cap like I do normally!

If the helmet is 1000$, I can't imagine the price of a whole armor .. :|

Yep - that's Gino's prices... he was selling his Hero helmets for $900 last year.. too much in my opinion... and I wasn't worthy enough to purchase one anyway ::rolls eyes:: He told me they were all sold out, and then days later told another member (on MEPD) that he still had a few left.

Oh well - that stunt is still a nice looking helmet. Great idea about the clear coat on the inside with the welded nuts!

Yep - that's Gino's prices... he was selling his Hero helmets for $900 last year.. too much in my opinion... and I wasn't worthy enough to purchase one anyway ::rolls eyes:: He told me they were all sold out, and then days later told another member (on MEPD) that he still had a few left.

Oh well - that stunt is still a nice looking helmet. Great idea about the clear coat on the inside with the welded nuts!

Thin, inccorectly built and not even the correct plastic used. $1000? LOL! Lets not forget the epoxy on the inside that will make the helmet more brittle. Adding glue or any adhereant to the inside of styrene will weaken and soften the plastic. Adding all these 'security' features makes the helmet LESS like an original was made. So false advertising in my eyes. And the gaps on the ears are too little.. make them bigger... also false advertising on the statement that NONE of the ANH helmets had decals. WRONG... I found one. I have the pics to prove it. Again, false advertising and making false statements.

And as for the 'correct thickness', WRONG... Sorry gino.. I gave you info to the contrary. Just like I did for the trim under the helmet. It isnt the correct thickness. Had you owned and original you would know the correct thickness of a HDPE helmet. I know you will try to say, 'matts just jealous'... hardly. That helmet has a cleaned up wrong sized face as Laws Archive pointed out and we removed some details.. So sorry gino..

Better luck next time.

first i thought the same

but now i think gino is right

some people paid over $30.000 for screenused buckets

a lot of guys paying more than $300 for a helmet KIT

these buckets are nicely finished

and look at the pics

how often did you see such buckets?

i case of the small run and in fact that normaly nobody could get such finished buckkets i think this price is ok

i would never pay so much

but i think the price is right

"All the insides of the plastic pieces have been brushed with a thick pasty epoxy. There's no way anyone could take molds from the insides as all the details have been thoroughly filled in. Also, all the bolts have been welded shut so that none of the pieces or components can be taken apart or removed without destroying the helmet."

That's a clever idea, actually.

Folks,

Please respect that the seller has the right to sell at whatever price he (or she) deems appropriate. If you don't agree with it that's fine. But it is not necessary to poke fun at a fellow member of the forum.

Unnecessary comments have been edited.

If I paid $1000 for a helmet I wouldn't want to wear it. Thats what my FX helmet is for. This thing is going under glass and my buddies will have to pay me to look at it! :lol: I don't claim to be an expert but I know enough that the original armor was very flimsy and was prone to falling apart. You can wear it but its not going to hold up like some other helmets that are designed for trooping.

OK that was the coolest thing Ive seen on ebay until this.

Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?

I agree that the mini-trooper is cool.... but seriously, that's NOTHING.

Ask TrooperMaster (Paul) to show you the suit he put together for his son.

Everyone here is familiar with how brilliant Paul's work is-- and if you're not, do yourself a favor and look into the TM armor; it's amazing.

So, picture all the good stuff about Paul's craftsmanship... at 1/4 scale.

He was nice enough to show me some pictures a while back, and it's just ridiculously cute and cool.

And his kid is AWESOME -- he does all the classic trooper poses and NAILS them. He's a total natural!

I would have gladly sold my family into slavery for a suit like that when I was a kid.

Paul-- share with the group? :):):)

Also, the helmets I made match the same thickness of the screen used originals, but I don't consider the screen used helmets "models".

It's not like they are going to fall apart if you touch them. Now if you go rough housing with them, of course they will get cracks or splits. That's why you see white gaffer tape all over everything on the film stuff.