Gloves...

The accurate gloves for ANH were just black chemical rubber gloves - not practical for trooping, but just throwing that out there.

I bought a $5 pair of women's fleece gloves at Wal-Mart and have used them for over a year, and no one has ever said anything about them (negative or postive) I think no one really notices your gloves in they first place.

I bought a pair of women's gloves too at Target. They are just black cotton gloves that work great and they come up to almost my elbows so i never have to worry about any skin showing. I have proper rubber too that are ANH but like it says above I could never imagine actually using them in a practical sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Basically you want to try and find some gloves that are more form fitting, with as little seams and padding as possible. I'd steer clear of heavy winter type gloves, or gloves that are real bulky. Your best bet would be to check out a home depot or Lowes hardware store or something similar. Even a basic pair of black gardening type gloves that are a thin sock-like material would be better than those thick winter mitts. The nomex type gloves are a good option for those that can't hang with a little palm sweat. I sweat from head to toe, so for me, having a screen accurate set of chemical gloves is no big deal. If I were you guys I'd just man up and get some rubber chemical gloves. They're accurate looking, and they are probably the cheapest option.

• 3 weeks later...
I switched to rubber gloves a while ago and won't ever go back to anything else. Your hands will sweat a little, but the dexterity you have is great & they look perfect.

Agreed. I switched to rubber chemical gloves a while back and I won't go back, they look perfect and the sweating issue is over played I think. I just need the rubber? hand backs - anyone making those?

Agreed. I switched to rubber chemical gloves a while back and I won't go back, they look perfect and the sweating issue is over played I think. I just need the rubber? hand backs - anyone making those?

Stormtrooper should be making them (latex) soon...

Stormtrooper should be making them (latex) soon...

Thanks for the mention Tony :)

Unfortunately my latex supplier seems to have taken 2 full weeks off from before Christmas, and I'm still waiting on it to turn up :angry:

That's why I haven't posted an Interest List yet, but if you'd like to get your name in there then please send me a PM :)

closeup_glove.jpg

movie_compare.jpg

I personally think rubber gloves are the way to go if you're interested in accuracy, unless you go trooping for hours at a time somewhere like Florida... then the sweating thang is not really a big deal ;)

I had previously used a pair of black lycra / cotton mix gloves that I got from a Camping store (back in the good ole' days before the accuracy bug bit me... LOL)

Cheers,

John

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how best to paint gloves that aren't black. I got a really nice pair but while the palm is black, the top is brown. These things feel like cotton, but are made from bamboo fiber.

Would spray paint work?? <_<

glovesAP011008.jpg

You can get black rubber gloves at Asda for 1.65 credits. There are not as thick as chemical gloves but are not as thin as mariglods, im going to try them. The black rubber gloves i use atm are thin like washing up gloves, but at 2 pairs for 99p thats not bad.

With out going too far ot, what the best choice for esb gloves, they look like silk or material?

Can someone please respond to this? Just want to make sure my question doesn't get buried. I am potentially going to spray paint these today unless someone has some other advice for me ;)

Thank you,

John

Does anyone know how best to paint gloves that aren't black. I got a really nice pair but while the palm is black, the top is brown. These things feel like cotton, but are made from bamboo fiber.

Would spray paint work?? <_<

glovesAP011008.jpg

The texture would still remain different even if the paint worked, might look odd. If it looks good let us know.

I would recommend getting a pair of black chemical gloves instead of gardening gloves with a textured rubber coating if your experiment doesn't work out.

The texture would still remain different even if the paint worked, might look odd. If it looks good let us know.

I would recommend getting a pair of black chemical gloves instead of gardening gloves with a textured rubber coating if your experiment doesn't work out.

Thanks much for the response Luke. My buddy who was going to help me paint them thought the same thing about the texture so I am abandoning this idea. Too bad because I really like the fit and feel of those things. Luckily I came across some black glove liners at Target that are just what I was looking for.