TK under way

I am almost done with the blaster. I got a couple of coats of satin black on the E11 then one coat of clear coat. I have a recticle decal in the mail to finish it of then its done.

3145_10152105717070417_1251261733_n.jpg

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ingrid, It has a D ring on the end already, just terrible photo taking lol. I think I will get rid of all the Velcro and glue (apart from the back of the greaves) and I have been reading and looking at snap and strapping threads for weeks, and this looks like the best way to go, a little more more but I think it will hold up better during troops. I have started to remove the Velcro from the armor already on some pieces. Really excited to get started on the armor, just waiting for some supply's to come.

While I had the camera out I snapped a shot of the gap between the ab and kidney plates. Yes I am not a skinny trooper lol so I am thinking as the gap is close to 4" I will use the white sign idea that some people shared with me unless any one has other ideas?

383367_10152108054210417_1205602150_n.jpg

Edited by Ravenwood

• 2 weeks later...

I got the rest of my supplies today, so now can move on. I have stripped the helmet and rebuilt it, so I think I will finish that first then move on to the armor rebuild.

Hey Jeremy looks like you're off to a good start. I have armor coming in soon myself and I am also from SE Minnesota. Where did you get your straps? I was out looking for supplies yesterday and came up empty.

Hey Jeremy looks like you're off to a good start. I have armor coming in soon myself and I am also from SE Minnesota. Where did you get your straps? I was out looking for supplies yesterday and came up empty.

I'm in Kenyon not far from Rochester, where are you ? I found all the canvas and elastic straps at Joann Fabrics in Apple Valley I also got the heavy duty snaps and snap pliers there too. I did order some incidentals from Trooperbay too. I want to finish my helmet before I move on to the armor, but Halloween is a busy time for me. We throw huge Halloween party and I put up alot of props and decorations inside and out side. I am going to build a full size TARDIS this year to stand by the grave yard LOL not sure how its going to turn out, but it should be fun.

I'm in Red Wing. I went to the same store but I was told to get webbing instead of elastic and I couldn't find it. I almost got the elastic but I thought I would wait. I also looked at trooperbay and may be putting an order in soon. I finished my helmet a while ago which was a fun build. I used Pandatroopers thread and it went pretty well. It isn't perfect but for a first time build I think it turned out fine. Most people who have seen it liked it but compared to some I have seen on this sight it has a ways to go (no frills yet). I am hoping the rest of the armor gets here soon. I have been told that the kit will be done later this week. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out, I might be asking you some question too!

I'm in Kenyon not far from Rochester, where are you ? I found all the canvas and elastic straps at Joann Fabrics in Apple Valley I also got the heavy duty snaps and snap pliers there too. I did order some incidentals from Trooperbay too. I want to finish my helmet before I move on to the armor, but Halloween is a busy time for me. We throw huge Halloween party and I put up alot of props and decorations inside and out side. I am going to build a full size TARDIS this year to stand by the grave yard LOL not sure how its going to turn out, but it should be fun.

Just thought I should mention you should move your build from the new member area to one of the build sections, Nice work so far :smiley-sw013:

Just thought I should mention you should move your build from the new member area to one of the build sections, Nice work so far :smiley-sw013:

I can do that, but how do you move a thread?

Either start a new thread or contact the forum moderator http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

Edited by gmrhodes13

I am going to build a full size TARDIS this year to stand by the grave yard LOL not sure how its going to turn out, but it should be fun.

OMG So jealous!!!

I'll contact Eric to move the thread.

OMG So jealous!!!

I'll contact Eric to move the thread.

FYI Ingrid has the power to move threads. She's just too scairt to weild her well earned power.

Thread moved.

If you need anything else let Ingrid know and I'm sure she'll ask me to do it for her.

Aloha,

-Eric

Thanks guys just thought it would save cluttering up the new members introduction thread :D

• 4 weeks later...

OK here is the reason why I haven't make any progress on my TK....... also here is my build pic on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152164600640417.912808.724595416&type=3#!/media/set/?set=a.10152164600640417.912808.724595416&type=3

190251_10152189708120417_2129727607_n.jpg