TK under way

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got most of the armor trimmed and sanded today and made a load of snap plates, I guess I didn't buy enough though will have to grab more. I Glued the shines and one thigh but ran out of clamps. I will try to get some more gluing done this week. Its starting to come together. I cant wait for that first fitting :)

Ā 

2012-12-16121727.jpg

Ā 

2012-12-16135737.jpg

Ā 

2012-12-16160610.jpg

I got some more gluing done tonight and worked on the belt and drop boxes. I should be able to pick up the snaps I need and 2" white strapping for the shoulders.

Ā 

2012-12-19200809.jpg

Ā 

2012-12-19204558.jpg

Ā 

2012-12-19212218.jpg

Got most of the armor trimmed and sanded today and made a load of snap plates, I guess I didn't buy enough though will have to grab more. I Glued the shines and one thigh but ran out of clamps. I will try to get some more gluing done this week. Its starting to come together. I cant wait for that first fitting :)

Ā 

2012-12-16121727.jpg

Ā 

2012-12-16135737.jpg

Ā 

2012-12-16160610.jpg

Ā 

Looking good, just one thing the straps on you butt to kidney are not spaced very wide, have a look at the pic on the ipad LOL I found I needed to space them out quite wide as it does want to kick out on the sides

Don't panic none of them are glued yet :) they were just placed there for the photo. Once I have all the snap plates made I will start gluing them all in place.

Phew lucky lol :laugh1:

OK my forearms didn't go to plan. The front join looks OK but the back join pulled apart to the point were I will have to pull them apart, clean of the glue and try again :( They are the last pieces of armor that need gluing. So tonight I will try to clean them up re-glue them and wrap them tight with tape use claps, hell sit on them for the night if I have too lol.

Tomorrow I will get the other snaps and strapping I need to finish the build.

OK my forearms didn't go to plan. The front join looks OK but the back join pulled apart to the point were I will have to pull them apart, clean of the glue and try again :( They are the last pieces of armor that need gluing. So tonight I will try to clean them up re-glue them and wrap them tight with tape use claps, hell sit on them for the night if I have too lol.

Tomorrow I will get the other snaps and strapping I need to finish the build.

Make sure you glue one side at a time, I did find that the strips are angle out so I had to apply some heat to get them to lay flat, had to do the same for my calves as the velcro was hardly touching in places. Try some heat on some scraps first, get a bit of practice then attack that forearm :duim:

OK I think I have figured out gluing the forearms one at a time and will give it a few day before unclamping before starting on the other one.

Ā 

2012-12-20201608.jpg

Ā 

And I decided to see how the pieces I have finished looked together. decided to re glue the back of the thighs to tighten them up a little more at the knee. I think its starting to take shape, at last.

Ā 

2012-12-20212158.jpg

Ā 

As you can see I will need a shim at the side, as I'm not a skinny trooper :) I think I will look at the white signs people have suggested.

Ā 

2012-12-20212227.jpg

Ā 

here is a shot with my bucket on

Ā 

2012-12-20213326.jpg

Edited by Ravenwood

Looking good, just noticed the bottom of your right knee doesn't seem quite aligned, also if you don't want the miss matched tops of the thighs you can cheat with a little heat and mould the tops so they match. Keep up the good work :duim:

The right knee will have the ammo belt on it so you won't see the alignment :) the plan is when I have it all fitted I till tidy up the pieces like the tops of the thighs. This armor isn't going to be as accurate as yours but for my first armor I am happy how its looking.

The right knee will have the ammo belt on it so you won't see the alignment :) the plan is when I have it all fitted I till tidy up the pieces like the tops of the thighs. This armor isn't going to be as accurate as yours but for my first armor I am happy how its looking.

Don't get me wrong your build is going great, would like to see more guys trying to acheive EIB and Centruion. If you are happy with how you are going then that's all that matters. Well done keep up the good work :duim:

The problem with this is, I brought this kit used and wasn't trimmed the best, I have taken it apart and am attempting to make it as good as I can. Maybe after I have finished this build and trooped a little I will get a fresh kit and start from scratch, which is what I wish I had done in the first place now, but oh we'll it will look pretty close when I'm done :)

Well I was making good progress then went and got sick :(

Ā 

I am so close to a full fitting, I just have some trimming to do to the forearms and the strapping for the thighs to finish, then I will suit up and see how it all fits together. After that I will do the fine tuning and cleaning up, then take some better photos with an actual camera instead of all these quick snaps with my phone lol.

Ā 

I have been following the requirements for EL so at worst case I should get basic approval and hopefully EL approval too. I will need the Two power cylinders and a Hengstler counter for my blaster which I based off of Luke's blaster which didn't have them. Does anyone know where I can get these pieces in resin?

You can buy seperate blaster pieces from here http://www.doopydoos...plicas-31-c.asp . There are also a couple fo tutorials in forum for making them too, may be an option for you http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/15586-power-cylinders/page__hl__%2Bpower+%2Bcylinders__fromsearch__1 , I have seen them made out of plastic, marker pen tubes and furniture screw covers. Look forward to the trial fit

Edited by gmrhodes13

Thanks Glen I took a look and they don't see where they sell parts just kits. I did find some one on the forums that sells the counters but I would still be missing the power cylinders.

Thanks Glen I took a look and they don't see where they sell parts just kits. I did find some one on the forums that sells the counters but I would still be missing the power cylinders.

They do sell the counters seperate but the picture is wrong lol. Vern was making power cylinders at one time, give him a try http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16924-e-11-power-cell-kits/page__hl__+power%20+cylinders#entry239816

OK its 2013 and I WILL get this TK armor finished. I got more done tonight while waiting for midnight. I got the male snaps and brass rivet finished in the crouch. Also attached the elastic to the shoulder bells then heated and bent some ABS to create some hooks that I added to the biceps to hold the elastic in place. I heated and manipulated the butt plate to get ride of the flare to the sides. Attached the ammo belt to the right thigh and glued the snipper plate to the left shin. I also cut and installed the shims to the kidney plate to close the gap on both sides. I will do the trimming of the forearms tomorrow and then hope to do my first full fitting.

Ā 

Ā 

2013-01-01000941.jpg

Ā 

2013-01-01000851.jpg

Ā 

2013-01-01000828.jpg

Ā 

2013-01-01000817.jpg

Ā 

2013-01-01000752.jpg

Edited by Ravenwood

Wow a new year and off to work you go lol, you got a lot done. The rivet on your thigh ammo belt, think that may be the wrong type, bit hard to tell its a bit small in photo, you may want to check it, you need split rivets

Wow a new year and off to work you go lol, you got a lot done. The rivet on your thigh ammo belt, think that may be the wrong type, bit hard to tell its a bit small in photo, you may want to check it, you need split rivets

Ā 

Thanks Glen, yes it looks like its the wrong type for centurion, but I don't think my armor is up to that standard any how. I am going for approval and Hopefully El. Maybe I will replace the rivets in the future with split rivets.