my 501st info used against me

BH5204

Most know that I'm a motorcop here in California. I'm one of 6 motorcops in our department, but I write the most tickets. I enjoy what I do and I'm good at it. Goes without saying, in a town of about 80k people get to know your name. Here's what happened.

I guess someone likes me enough to Google my name or something. My name comes up with a link to my profile at 501st.com. This gives my name, email, and of course my picture with my bucket off. So what do they do? They post it on Craigslist.com in the Rant and Rave section calling me names and whatnot. Now people are jumping on the bandwagon talking about making false accusations if "he writes you a ticket." Luckily I audio record every traffic stop.

I had to have my email removed from the 501st site, and had to request my bucket-off pictures be removed (If they'll do that).

So here's what I did. Craigslist terms of use specifically states that they will release the name of the poster if they post any personal info without consent. We''ll see what happens.

Yes they will remove your profile picture on the 501st website. Don't forget many garrison websites have member pictures and profiles also, so check your garrison's website as well.

Good luck dealing the scum in your neck of the woods.

Good advice to watch what we post and to search ourselves every now and then in the public search engines and databases to see what can be found.

And keep the faith brother! Its unfortunate you not only have to worry about taking a bullet but having to defend your good name. It sounds like you protect yourself well.

TEASED!!!! just let them know how much money the Legion has help donate since it started..... i have ppl publicly apoligise to me after they hear the numbers....

Hang in there man, they are just jelous!!!

Troop on man!

Oh, that's always a smart policy -- tease the guy with the badge and the loaded firearm. ;)

Sounds like you're dealing with a real genius there, Craig.

Try to get their email address again, so I can be sure to send them their MENSA application. :lol:

Sorry to hear the web was used against you Craig.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the myspace generation when they become parents or public service officials with an online history...

Likely the same generation giving you a hard time right now. What's the saying, what comes around....

Seems like you have the stuff under control ..

I'm curious, what is Craiglist anyway? I've looked at the web site, and it's just a big junk of link that doesn't make much sense to me ...

Sorry to hear the web was used against you Craig.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the myspace generation when they become parents or public service officials with an online history...

Likely the same generation giving you a hard time right now. What's the saying, what comes around....

I really hate that happened to you Craig. That's so sad that someone has nothing better to do than bash members of our police and patrol forces.

It's good to hear that the post was removed.

Just stand proud and know that you are the better person, though. I wish you the best in getting everything straightened out.

Seems like you have the stuff under control ..

I'm curious, what is Craiglist anyway? I've looked at the web site, and it's just a big junk of link that doesn't make much sense to me ...

Al -- Craigslist is one of the best/worst things ever to hit the internet in the US. It's basically a massive community-generated classified section. You can list anything -- from a house for sale, to help wanted ads, to dating personals.

It's great because it's free, and is completely open.

It's awful, because it's free, and completely open. :)

It'll come to Canada soon enough, I'm sure.

Al -- Craigslist is one of the best/worst things ever to hit the internet in the US. It's basically a massive community-generated classified section. You can list anything -- from a house for sale, to help wanted ads, to dating personals.

It's great because it's free, and is completely open.

It's awful, because it's free, and completely open. :)

It'll come to Canada soon enough, I'm sure.

So they don't have internet in Canada yet? :P

So they don't have internet in Canada yet? :P

Easy there, buddy. I may live in Denver, but I was born and raised a Canuck in Calgary, AB.

Sure, you may think we Canadians seem all cute with our politeness and our exaggerated vowel sounds ("aboot"), but are we really that harmless? ...

Consider the following:

Almost the entire population lives within 2 hours of the US border.

We're virtually indistinguishable from our US counterparts.

We kick an impolite person at pond hockey.

We've developed a seemingly imperturbable immunity to the French.

The fact that we have legalized both medical marijuana and gay marriage without a catastrophic collapse in social sructure proves that we're indestructable.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. :P

I've already used a search on MySpace to rule out two graphic designers we were thinking of hiring at work. :P

Note to potential job candidates: when interviewing with an Internet-based company, it *might* be a good idea to remove the twelve photos of you clearing an 8-foot "tobbacco" device.

Just a tip. :lol:

See what I have to deal with. Here's a new post quote:(doesn't spell very well)

You fag.... To ashamed to leave your gay pic up? Will your DarthVader pals be upset that you are embaressed to show your face with with them on there website?

Enough people will complain about how you are on a power trip and power kick, and a plain a-hole. You will end up working security at Kmart! Take it to city counsel when his superiors try to brush you off! There the polices boss' too!

(craigslist, no names are mentioned, no faces, no racial slurs, or profanity, all according to terms of use)

Are you SERIOUS? That was their post? :o

You need to switch departments... no more being a motorcop....

"GENE POLICE!"

"OUT OF THE POOL!"

Isn't it amazing what a person can do with a fourth-grade education and a liberal dose of alcohol? :D