Main page misaligned

Hi guys, first you can bash me for using IE. Second, for some reason even after clearing my cache, the main page is misaligned (and has been since the upgrade/update?).

Untitled-1.jpg

I use IE all the time too, but am using the older skin. I know Eric is doing some tune-up work, this may be related with caching. I'll let him chime in.

Understood. IE is still a viable option even though MS is a bit out of favor (to which I say poo - I remember when Apple was a joke for a while too, and remember when Firefox used to be "cool" and now it's dying the dogs death).

The web team should have it fixed soon - Lucas has been a bit out of pocket but I'm sure a few AUD in the right palms will grease things along nicely ;-)

I keed, i keed...

Never mind. I looked closer at your screenshot and it appears this is also happening on IE9 now. It was previously doing the same thing on IE10 before the update, but it looks like the update (or more likely removing the recent threads box) caused it to start on IE9 too.

Do you need to have the site in compatibility mode? If you unselect the broken page icon in the address bar it will go to normal mode and I think that will render ok. I'm not sure if anything else will be busted though.

Oh. Hm. I'm sure I did that. Probably when I disabled the new posts thingy box.

I'll goof with it tomorrow. There's no IE in my hizz-ouse.

Aloha,

-Eric

Don't be such a h8r Eric (to borrow a phrase: toaster is such a racist term).

Open the blast doors, open the blast doors!

Don't be such a h8r Eric (to borrow a phrase: toaster is such a racist term).

Open the blast doors, open the blast doors!

LOL Who's hating? I really don't have any IE at home. A copy of parallels goes unopened still.

It's activeX I hate... Not the browser ;)

-Eric

I believe that the alignment issue is only a problem with IE10. Welcome to the bleeding edge :) .

Nope.

My IE is a much older version and has exactly the same issues I'm afraid.

Compatability mode fixed it. Thanks!

Great!

It looks like with the recent posts box back it is ok on IE9 even in compatibility mode (except for some other weird alignment issues in the menu bars).

IE10 only has a problem in compatibility mode too, but there is a javascript bug that prevents it working on IE10 normally so you are forced in to using compatibility mode. I've looked on the IP Board forums and they claim that the javascript bug won't be fixed until IE10 is out of beta.