Alternatives to under suits

Currently, I'm using Under Armour for my under suit. I know a lot of people use dive skins, but what other alternatives are people using? Also, I know many people use "generic" Under Armour, what kind, what's it cost, where did you get it from, and how does it hold up? It's not going to be long before I have to replace mine.

I use an Under armor knock off called Aeroline fittness gear. I got it from my local Dunham's Sports store. It was around 12.00 for the shirt, and 19.00 for the pants. It has held up actually way better than I expected it to.

Here is the link to their nationl site:

Dunham"s Sports

I just found out it is not available online...oh well. I will be making a trip soon to there to get another set.

Hope that helps someone

Boozel

How does it perform in the heat/cold compared to UnderArmor in terms of percent (which is the most helpful comparison), e.g. 100% equal to UnderArmor, about 75% as good as UA, etc.

I use a brand called Players Edge for the Top. It is Available at Eastbay.com, item #12020102 "Players Edge Compression Shirt". It came with a rubberlike white label at the back of the neck (where you can see it). I stretched it and picked at it so much that it fell right off. like it was never there! :) Absolutely love this top. $19.99!!

I ordered the bottoms at the same time but were out of stock forever. I bought compression tight with the namebrand Zyflex to replace them. They are awesome and $29.99!

-------------

I did a morning troop which reached 92 degrees (here in Florida) but the white suit reflected much more heat then expected, and the compression shirt & pants kept me relatively comfortable. I could only snicker when t-shirts & shorts people were scrambling for the shade. Our poor Vader was dying. But I no longer fear any heat in white armor.

after a 2 hour drive to the west I did another 3+ hours in gear (inside) that afternoon at Toys R Us. The heat is no match for the 1st Imperials!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 1 month later...

I bought some UA cold gear and trooped in it last weekend. I must say the stuff actually works, and I didn't feel any need to go in or being cold at all.

I've just bought one from www.spandexman.com for $54.00 model #308 and it's great.Lots of different styles to choose from,with hoods,gloves,feet,extra zips.....Worth the money and very lightweight and stretchy :D

-Paul.

Hmmmm one with a hood i better look in to this :)

I also have several of the UA knock off shirts from Walmart.($10 a piece) I wore about three of them under my main Heatgear shirt at C3 in the rain and snow at 4am and was tosty warm.

Duh! Now why didn't I think of that! Wearing multiple shirts for warmth. Man, I feel stoopid. But hey, that's what this place is for, right?

Thanks for the idea! ;)

And btw, do the Wal-Mart knock-offs have logos anywhere on them? Not that it matters much, but just curious.

Thanks.

And just why can't we paint our bodies black?? :lol:;) I mean, it's not like I don't do enough of that during my other hobby....

In this pic, half of my body is painted black, come on....please...it'll save money.... haha J?K

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

And just why can't we paint our bodies black?? :lol:;) I mean, it's not like I don't do enough of that during my other hobby....

In this pic, half of my body is painted black, come on....please...it'll save money.... haha J?K

Hey Stixx, I love that pic! But would the paint "rub off" on the inside of the armor? Would the pinching of armor pieces be more extreme? On a hot day, you might be able to see the sweat, which the UA can wick away.

However here in Minnesota, this time of year, the only way to go is a black smoothie wet suit. Toasty!

Hey Stixx, I love that pic! But would the paint "rub off" on the inside of the armor? Would the pinching of armor pieces be more extreme? On a hot day, you might be able to see the sweat, which the UA can wick away.

However here in Minnesota, this time of year, the only way to go is a black smoothie wet suit. Toasty!

We use an all natural earth pigment blended with water. That pic of me was over 4th of July weekend, up at Fort Niagar. right on the lake, temps nearing 100* We sweat right through the paint, but are instantly cooled off by the breeze.

i would never wear armor with paint, just a realy cool idea.

-Stixx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...