RS Sandtrooper coming up.

Got these two RS kits about 6 month ago, finial the Move a long replica Sandtrooper are done. And ready for dirt.

Heres a pic of the kit:

PC092857.jpg

The suit:

090620123671.jpg

090620123672.jpg

090620123675.jpg

Helmet:

090620123683.jpg

090620123682.jpg

090620123684.jpg

Here i have copy some of the areas on the Move a long helmet:

090620123681.jpg

sandtrooper_hd_050_2.png

GonkChristm3.jpg

Inside suit shot:

090620123686.jpg

Assembles:

090620123687.jpg

090620123688.jpg

Hooks:

090620123705.jpg

Armor parts:

090620123700.jpg

090620123701.jpg

Belt:

090620123702.jpg

090620123703.jpg

090620123704.jpg

I only need to add 4 straps, the first ones was too short.

The longer straps will be add in the suit in a few days from now, and new pics as well.

Then the suit are ready for the dirt job.

Move a long thumbsup.giftd.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god you have done a very nice build there mate but then again you are known for your awsome builds ;) cant wait to see you kitted up and this bad boy weathered Rolf , kudos to you :duim:

Looking good Rolf, but I think you did a too good job on the ears. They look way sloppy in the screen grab, where yours sit nice and tight ;)

Edited by Arnie_DK

Yeah, your ears are pretty "fat", Rolf, but I really admire the attention to detail, and I find it fascinating that we somehow use a lot of time, money and energy to strive to replicate details that were created in a hurry and by mere coincidence.

It must be up at the epitome of geekness. :D

My god you have done a very nice build there mate but then again you are known for your awsome builds ;) cant wait to see you kitted up and this bad boy weathered Rolf , kudos to you :duim:

Thanks bro :) i hope to get him dirty up next week sometime and add new pics here :duim:

Looking good Rolf, but I think you did a too good job on the ears. They look way sloppy in the screen grab, where yours sit nice and tight ;)

Thanks, yeah i have been thinking of trim my ear caps more badly, whit gabs and all... but i could not get my self to do it ;)

Yeah, your ears are pretty "fat", Rolf, but I really admire the attention to detail, and I find it fascinating that we somehow use a lot of time, money and energy to strive to replicate details that were created in a hurry and by mere coincidence.

It must be up at the epitome of geekness. :D

Yeah that are a bit fat, but i think its they match the chins of the face plate.

Trim them more slim, would not add up to the face plate chins and give gabs, and will fall lower in a wrong high on the helmet looking at it from the sides :duim:

One small thing, i know the snaps on the back side of the belt shall be add in the center.

But i test fit it, and felt the belt then will be add to high up vs. the Sandtrooper shots i like.

Maybe i will add the snaps in the center, if so it pretty easy to fix :duim:

Belt_01.jpg

sandy1-kopi.jpg

scan0004tk0-kopi.jpg

Felth-Terrik.jpg

Thanks, yeah i have been thinking of trim my ear caps more badly, whit gabs and all... but i could not get my self to do it ;)

Haha yeah I know the feeling :laugh1:

Haha yeah I know the feeling :laugh1:

Now i got two full RS suits as one ANH Stormtrooper + one Sandtrooper.

Its my dream to get a third RS suit, and beat it up badly for screen accurate looks.

Abs body armor whit HDPE helmet, spray paint the complete suit white, after assemble it badly and quick.

Give it beat up marks, and cracks if they come will be fine too...

Maybe i do it... longer down the road :duim:

Yeah that are a bit fat, but i think its they match the chins of the face plate.

Trim them more slim, would not add up to the face plate chins and give gabs, and will fall lower in a wrong high on the helmet looking at it from the sides :duim:

Heres new pic of the helmet, maybe the ear caps do not look as fat here?

Maybe i could trim a few mm away, but not sure they will fit as good then ;)

100620123742.jpg

Nice build Rolf.

Be careful with the ears. The ears on the RS have to be left a lot thicker at the front than at the back. (As I'm sure you have noticed) in the transitional area from the cap to the face plate there is a "step down" where the face plate seems to be a little collapsed in the cheek area. It's not a perfectly flush curve.

This is not criticism of the helmet kit - it's a near perfect replica of the original - just an odd characteristic of this one helmet.

If you do trim any more off the ears, don't do too much. This kit needs the ears relatively thick at the front.

Edited by Rick330

Nice build Rolf.

Be careful with the ears. The ears on the RS have to be left a lot thicker at the front than at the back. (As I'm sure you have noticed) in the transitional area from the cap to the face plate there is a "step down" where the face plate seems to be a little collapsed in the cheek area. It's not a perfectly flush curve.

This is not criticism of the helmet kit - it's a near perfect replica of the original - just an odd characteristic of this one helmet.

If you do trim any more off the ears, don't do too much. This kit needs the ears relatively thick at the front.

Thanks Vern, and richard here.

Yeah i have assembled around 2 GF, 2 AP, 8 TE2, 2 LAWS, 4 TM helmets are they have. But this is my first RS, and its sure not the same as the others.

I guess i think the TE line age helmet is the most easy to assemble out of them all here.

The RS have some new curves, but i´m getting to know them better, and love the looks of it.

But as you post, the front of the RS ear caps will look more "fat" then on the e.g TE line age helmets we know off for some years out there.

Because the side tubes are a bit more slim vs. e.g the TE line helmet, therefor the RS ear caps have to be thicker/more fat vs. the TE helmet whit thicker side tubes.

If i should trim more of, it will be about 1mm nothing more i guess, if i did more i will get a gab i guess.

New pics up real soon :salute:

Edited by Rolf

Love the attention to detail mate :peace: Awesome job!

My only criticism is to raise the brow more.

Thanks trooper :)

I have add a piece of gaffa tape inside the helmet, and it have made the bow trim line a bit high up :duim:

140620123786.jpg

Edited by Rolf