My new 1.5mm ABS troopermaster / TM build (ANH & ESB)[*TM]

Well, I'm building again. This is what will be my sixth build in total and my third TM. Going to complete ANH first but I also have a second set of belt armour and handplates for ESB.

I was lucky enough that my order was time just right to get one of Paul's first kits pulled with some rather nice new plastic. Very glossy, a nice ivory colour (less yellowy than other stuff I've seen) which does a great impression of the original stuff under the studio lights.

Unusually, it's also glossy on both sides.

I also benefitted from a few new innovations. My kit came with original Newey press studs pre-fitted by Paul and, of course, there have been some noticeable upgrades to the moulds as part of the ongoing TM evolution.

The biceps, forearms, abdomen, shoulders have seemingly all had a bit of an overhaul (that's just the parts I noticed straight away) and now included is the accurate ab plate/buttons part (negative pull or whatever you want to call it).

Anyway, you'll all be sick of me photgraphign every minor detail of my builds by now :lol: but I'll be posting a few pictures and build highlights as I progress. Maybe include a few of the references I'm using too.

Here's what I received in the post on Wednesday ..

CIMG0196.jpg

CIMG0195.jpg

CIMG0191.jpg

CIMG0189.jpg

CIMG0188.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I have just done a bit of trimming and completed one bicep. I've used various references on the biceps. In general I'm going super-skinny to kind of match the hero promo shots. I'm pretty weedy so I can get very slim on these and just measure up to make sure I can flex my bicep before making it as tight as possible.

And I also roughly copied a few of the quirks of the bicep you can see in the LFL archive photos. Not a direct copy but you'll see what I mean ...

CIMG0225.jpg

CIMG0224.jpg

CIMG0223.jpg

CIMG0226.jpg

CIMG0227.jpg

CIMG0221.jpg

CIMG0222.jpg

CIMG0220.jpg

That is so cool, your SIXTH!? Wow. I was thinking of doing another set with another kind of armor but can't quite justify it yet... but this is inspiring!

Decent bit of progress today.

The LFL references for the thighs are great. The TM thighs can get pretty much exactly the same look. The LFL thighs are very slim-fitting though so anyone is thinking of copying them, you'll need to keep measuring. They're about as snug as I can wear and I'm no porker.

CIMG0233.jpg

CIMG0234.jpg

CIMG0235.jpg

CIMG0236.jpg

CIMG0232.jpg

CIMG0231.jpg

CIMG0240.jpg

CIMG0241.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo Glossy ABS ;) , great start mate you could wait could you :P , i love all your builds mate and detail to the LFL arcive pics ;) , i will watch this build with great excitment keep up the good work fella :)

Just a bit of white yarn and a few dabs of grey and blue paint way from finsihing the armour ....

CIMG0261.jpg

CIMG0266.jpg

CIMG0264.jpg

... helmet up soon.

Edited by Rick330

Bit of spare time this afternoon so I tackled the helmet. It took me a good three hours just to get to the stage where it's trimmed and riveted (no ears on, no paint yet etc.). Two or more of those hours were spent just positioning, clamping, repositioning, taking apart, trimming the brow, reassembling, positioning, clamping, unclamping, repositioning, clamping etc.

I messed up badly on a helmet once so I was taking my time this time round. I think it was worth it. For the first time ever, i have got exactly the brow height that I wanted and it seems to all sit nicely in place, ready to take the ears.

:) :) :)

CIMG0280.jpg

CIMG0279.jpg

CIMG0278.jpg

CIMG0277.jpg

CIMG0276.jpg

CIMG0275.jpg

CIMG0274.jpg

CIMG0273.jpg

CIMG0272.jpg

CIMG0271.jpg

Edited by Rick330

Thanks for all the kind words, chaps. Really enjoying this build. I've stocked up on my white yarn to finish sewing my shoulder elastic and all going well, I'll be finished this evening.

I think the rivets will be OK, Paul. I guess I should have searched a bit harder for those refs. As I didn't have them, I was referencing the 1mm ESB helmet you built for me in late 2010. The rivets on that are in pretty much the same place and they're hidden just fine. We'll see later on when I finish work ... :)

Ears are on and the rivets are perfectly concealed .... phew!

Might trim the easr thinner at some point. They're quite thick and flush-fitting at the moment. It's a ice look but there aren't too many orignal helmets like it. Opinions welcome.

But what a lovely helmet! :wub: :wub:

CIMG0283.jpg

CIMG0284.jpg

CIMG0285.jpg

CIMG0286.jpg

CIMG0287.jpg

CIMG0288.jpg

CIMG0289.jpg

CIMG0290.jpg

You had me worried for a minute mate :D

I'm glad you got the ears on alright and that that have covered the rivets, although I knew they would cover them all along :P

Don't be affraid to trim the ears down even further. I would take an even amount off both side and see how they look. You can always take more off the bottoms and leave the tops as they will pull in with the bolts. Just don't over do it and take a bit off at a time.