Why the DL has been light on postings

Exodus

FISD,

I just wanted everyone to know that even though my post count doesn't show it, I'm on the board every down (several times a day during the week).

The current project on my home has been taking my free time in the evenings and the family weekends.

Here are some progress photos of the remodel for you all to enjoy. No, I'm not doing the work myself (the wife and kid would kill me), but our contractor is great. He just needs constant prodding to stay on schedule and below budget. :lol:

lets see, in San Jose that house probably goes in the 600K+ range?

I guess depending on the location, that would be the least amount to start with :rolleyes: the home prices are really ridiculous out here :( Afew years ago, my neighbor sold his 2 bedroom condo for over $400.00 and that was a condo :unsure:

looking good there Ed! everything seems to be progressing smoothly :)

San Jose??? I love San Jose. Several years ago when Faye & I were in town we saw a house for sale that we really loved: Price tag? Only $650,000.00. At the time we said to ourselves...WHOA!

We recently sold our rental house here in Hawaii for $518,000.00. Our present home is currently valued at over $700,000.00...

Maybe we CAN afford San Jose, California. Forty-Niner football here we come baby!

T :salute:

ePS: Can't wait to see photos of the remodeled house.

lets see, in San Jose that house probably goes in the 600K+ range?

It is when we bought it 4 years ago. A home on our street (same model, look, etc) sold for over $800K WITHOUT any new upgrades! :blink:

We almost moved down to Mountain View recently. We thought Seattle was pricey, but our house in that area would cost about $300,000 more than what we have, but the jobs don't pay enough additionally to cover the extra mortgage. Nuts!

Tony - ugh you kill my "move to Hawaii" dream too :(

San Jose??? I love San Jose. Several years ago when Faye & I were in town we saw a house for sale that we really loved: Price tag? Only $650,000.00. At the time we said to ourselves...WHOA!

We recently sold our rental house here in Hawaii for $518,000.00. Our present home is currently valued at over $700,000.00...

Maybe we CAN afford San Jose, California. Forty-Niner football here we come baby!

T :salute:

ePS: Can't wait to see photos of the remodeled house.

sorry for the quick hijack ....SANTA CLARA 49ers! ..... still waiting for that. now back to your program..

that renovations is looking good. cant wait for the finished look shingles or stuck-o?

Kudos on your lawn - makes my plot of moss here in WA look even more pathetic. The subprime lending fiasco has indeed made this a buyer's market - that is if the buyer has the dough to do it (last week's fed rate cut make look good to borrowers but also hints of a possible recession?)

I once thought about moving to the San Jose/Bay area but most of my friends there warned me not to because of the inflated cost of living. Ironically they've moved up here for a more affordable lifestyle.

We almost moved down to Mountain View recently. We thought Seattle was pricey, but our house in that area would cost about $300,000 more than what we have, but the jobs don't pay enough additionally to cover the extra mortgage. Nuts!

Tony - ugh you kill my "move to Hawaii" dream too :(

It's still a crazy unpredictable market out there fellas. The rental house, built 1986, is located approximately 18 miles west of Honolulu in the city of Waipahu.

The house we're living in now (with the "Man Cave" thank you very much) was built in 1968! But only 5 miles from downtown Honolulu...LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

T

Here's a few more pics for the evening.

We are great rooming the old living and kitching, so a huge beam had to be inserted to support the roof, the wall was actually removed today (no pics yet). Of course the day the cut into the roof it rained (hence the blue tarp cover).

--------

Btw, our kitchen is now gone, living in the master and kids room for the next month. SUCKS!

And here picture looking into the old living room the front windows have been moved into the new spot behind me. That wall boarded up leads into the current/old kitchen and dining area (now a demo mess).

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Our present home is currently valued at over $700,000.00...

Hmmm... The problem with being in the middle of the country is that our homes are not worth as much as yours. Mine is only about $500,000... but it does have 6000 square feet with a three car garage, and a 1/4 acre lot...

Heck out here in the sticks where I'm at I got two and a half acres for 250k. We're a long way from everything. But the possum is good, and you don't have to walk far to tote watter from the crick.

Wow. I wouldn't pay for anything over $200k. I like where I'm at right now. 2300 sq ft. 3 bedroom, 2 bath, open layout. 3 car garage with a huge driveway and the house is only 7 years old @ $150k. We are almost in the country but still close enough to the city.

Good luck on the construction. That's what I currenlty do, I am a residential remodeler for my family business.

Good lord! I pay $300 a month for a 4 bedroom 1.5 bath carport and fenced in yard, and my friend just got a doublewide mobile home sitting on 3.5 acres for $20K. Im so glad I dont live anywhere else. The numbers you guys are throwing out there are just scary.

Random Question: When vac-forming ABS is the raw plastic slick and shiney on both sides or does the side that touches the mold have a texture? All I can find are slightly textured on one side.

Good lord! I pay $300 a month for a 4 bedroom 1.5 bath carport and fenced in yard, and my friend just got a doublewide mobile home sitting on 3.5 acres for $20K. Im so glad I dont live anywhere else. The numbers you guys are throwing out there are just scary.

Random Question: When vac-forming ABS is the raw plastic slick and shiney on both sides or does the side that touches the mold have a texture? All I can find are slightly textured on one side.

Alot depends on location and value of the land it sits on. So in some areas you can buy acerage for $50 a acre, in others $20k. I'm sure you've heard this phrase before "It's all about LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!"