TK4034 requesting ANH stunt Centurion Status[32][ATA*]

gazmosis

Name: Steve Gaza (Gazmosis)

Garrison: Midwest (Illinois)

Armor: ATA

Helmet: ATA

Blaster: Gazmosis(resin cast butt cap, grip, muzzle, scope) Everything else from scratch

Ht: 5' 10"

Wt: 209

Boots: TK Boots

Canvas Belt: Gazmosis

Holster: Gazmosis

Handplates: Karin

Gloves: Rubber Chemical

Full Body P1030392.jpgBucket offP1030449.jpg

Back plate above kidneyP1030399.jpg

Side showing holster, side rivets (there are two more under the belt)P1030394.jpg

Right side showing single male snap on corner of AB plateP1030396.jpg

Shoulder strap with small white elasticP1030450.jpg

White strap connecting chest and back platesP1030452.jpg

Double male snap on butt plate, single rivet on cod, closed drop box backs, white strap connecting drop boxes to beltP1030404.jpg

Rubber handplates and the reveal removed from the forearmsP1030384.jpg

Rubber glovesP1030403.jpg

Sniper plate glued not rivetedP1030414.jpg

Curved lower corner on thigh power pack attached with closed white rivetP1030418.jpg

Thermal Detonator metal clipsP1030419.jpg

TK Boots lightly scuffedP1030390.jpg

Helmet full shot (thanks to Keith for another AWESOME set of mic tips!!)P1030421.jpg

Green lensesP1030410.jpg

Left side hand painted details including tube stripes (Thanks to Trooperbay for the templates and the Humbrols)P1030426.jpg

Right side detailsP1030425.jpg

Rear trap details. Vents are actually cut out for fans to be intalled laterP1030423.jpg

"S" neck trimP1030411.jpg

BlasterP1030387.jpg

Counter side of BlasterP1030385.jpg

Butt capP1030386.jpg

Action shotP1030402.jpg

Action shot #2P1030400.jpgI never took a shot specifying the AB buttons, but several other shots show the proper color sequence.

Edited by gazmosis

Not sure about the cut out rear helmet "vents", and the forearm armor trimming (they still have a bit of return edge, it should be removed completely).

Also, the Hengstler counter is mounted way too high up - no reference pic I know shows the box so far from the folding stock.

Other than that, it looks good.

Yes, ObiHahn pretty much sums it up for me.

I would like to see the vent slots you have cut out be painted black on the inside edges, and add some back screen behind them so they stand out a bit less.

Same thing with the forearms. Not much left to remove there, just a liittle more and you are there!

As for the counter, I agree that it sits a bit too high. It reminds me of a doopydoo hasbro conversion and how the hengstler sits on those.

All in all however, you have a very nice armour and with these minor fixes I'll gladly approve you. :)

Got another troop today but tonight I will adjust what is necessary and post those pics. Thanks for the feedback!!!

I found a good ref. pic and indeed the bottom of the counter should sit even withthe top of the folding stock arm. Should be an easy fix........I hope!

Edited by gazmosis

i think you have the same issue i had, the gap between bizeps and forearm is quiet large so a lot of black is visible.

It really does look better if you could move bizeps down or forearms a bit up trust me, i ve been through this aswel.

Just a bit finetuning for a great look.

The fabric of the neckseal should be tugged away aswell since it is clearly visible in the front shot, overlapping the shoulderbell and visible on the other side.

Sorry i am just a picky german guy who went through a hard accurazi school.

And of course its-Just my opinion!

But anyway, a Good build! :duim:

Edited by Dr.Senf

I am submitting the new photos of the corrections I was asked to make. I am also submitting an additional photo of the "bucket off". I was called out by Dr. Senf (Sven) and rightfully so. This is for Centurion and it should be treated as so. Previously, I put the armor back on to take two pics I forgot; the white elastic on the shoulder straps and the bucket off shot. I NEVER wear my armor with my neckseal untucked. I threw my armor on to take the shot without looking in the mirror and the neckseal was clearly visible. Not the way a Centurion photo should be submitted.I also lowered the biceps and raised the forearms a bit. I seperate the two a bit by habit to avoid the armor bites that happen in this area. Anyway as Mathias requested,

Yes, ObiHahn pretty much sums it up for me.

I would like to see the vent slots you have cut out be painted black on the inside edges, and add some back screen behind them so they stand out a bit less.

Same thing with the forearms. Not much left to remove there, just a liittle more and you are there!

As for the counter, I agree that it sits a bit too high. It reminds me of a doopydoo hasbro conversion and how the hengstler sits on those.

All in all however, you have a very nice armour and with these minor fixes I'll gladly approve you. :)

Here are the photos of the corrections:

Blaster with lowered Counter017.jpg

Forearm return edges removed further022.jpg020.jpg023.jpg021.jpg

Rear trap vents with slots painted to look more like the vent openings are painted. I took shots with and without flash to show all detail possible

014.jpg013.jpg012.jpg015.jpg016.jpg

One additional helmet shot010.jpg

I hope that covers it! Thank you for your consideration and comments.

I hope that you like the modifications you've made - Because I sure like 'em. :)

I agree with Sven that you would benefit from lowering your biceps a little bit, but that's not stopping me from approving you. Just an idea!

Welcome to the Centurions, Steve! You make your Garrison proud! :salute:

Edit: Looks like the forum upgrade temporarily makes me unable to pin a medal to your chest, but it'll come! ;)

Edited by Locitus

Wow!!!! Thank you so much. I really appreciate all the feedback! This is what it's about; helping troopers to be better troopers! I am happy with the changes and the suggestions were spot on!

I hope I can sway others in out Garrison to follow!

thanks again!!!

just curious - why is this ok for EIB/Centurion acceptance?

Same reason that original strapping system is not required. If it looks the part, it's fine with me.

Thanks for pointing those things out, Dennis. Sometimes you need someone else to see something that maybe You just don't. The location of the counter on the blaster is just something that never really jumped out at me until you brought it up. As for the rear vents, I know you have doubts about them, but after having them on my other helmet, I just can't live without them. On hot, sunny troops, To me if you get air in that's great unless hot air inside becomes too much. A small fan at each vent gets rid of that hot air that would normally get trapped at the top of the lid with no other way to get out. That's just me. It always made me comfortable.

Thanks Dan!!! What did I miss? I didn't see a picture or description of you were asking about the strapping system and EIB/Centurion.

I was just using that as an example of how your helmet vents can be centurion approved.

4 or even many more eyes see a lot more than 2, that's why I give honest feedback when I see something that I think is not up to specs so to speak. Not everyone takes honest criticism as constructive, which I never really got - I say let's all help each other be as accurate to the source material as we can be.

My standard to judge by are the actual movie costume details and not so much the EIB/Centurion guidelines, because in my mind, those should be the same (at least for Centurion).

But that's just me. ;)

It happens a lot that Hengstler positioning is all over the place. People seem to use other people's fan made blasters as reference instead of the real deal, I guess? Like a while back with that horrendous silver tape on the detonator pipe, that somehow found it's way into the collective belief of "accuracy". If 75% of TKs in the 501st have 'em, they must be right, no?