Isaac's AM build - newbie- picture heavy[*AM]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Isaac!

Your armor is looking good! I think your GML let's you know when you are approved. It's been awhile since I filled out my application, though.

Your belt looks like it is sliding up like mine did. :) I ended up putting industrial strength velcro on my butt plate - up high right next to my kidney

plate. Then, I put more velcro on the back of my belt (nobody can see it) so that I could have my canvas belt always sitting over where the butt/kidney

plates meet. I also had to put straps on each corner of my butt plate and have it secured under my cod piece. It's sort of a pain to get into, but it helps

keep my butt plate corners from sticking out. Oh, make sure you can go up and down stairs without getting armor bites! I learned that lesson the

hard way. My bruises eventually faded in a few weeks. I'd say you did a good job, TROOPER!!!! Congrats!

thanks Jenny!

I appreciate the feedback as well. I see what you mean aboit the belt being high in the back. I dont know if thats how it usually sits or if my wife just pulled it too high when she secured it. Ill mark it somehow to make sure its in the right spot if someone helps me get suited up.

do you see anything else I missed?

it looks like the right thigh is sitting lower so i raised that as much as i could after looking at the pics

Those dang wives!!! :) heee heee.. I can say that because I'm one of those dang wives!

Well... since you asked me to do what I do best, and nag... when I re-looked I see the

back of your left shin cover plate could be trimmed a tiny bit. It sticks out just barely at the

bottom down by your boot. But, really I don't think that's a big deal, and maybe it just got

a little off when you put on your shin armor? You really did do a good job, so I can't

pick on you. :) That's nice looking armor ya got!

I just got approved. I sent my pictures to my CO as my GML had limited internet capability. I was approved later on that day. It took a week for my TK # to arrive via email. Just be patient, it'll happen. I know it's easier to say. I was checking every new email with excitement.

Isaac, your build looks great!

I'm actually looking to yours as a reference since I'm a fairly big guy as well and just started my AM 3 days ago, and your build thread pretty much asked all the questions I had. Congrats, as Im sure you will soon be getting your 501st/TK#!

• Looks good isaac maybe next weekend i can go down and see it in person, i finally have the weekends off. I do have drill this weekend but i am available on sat aug 11th if you want me to help you fit your legs a little better.

• Looks good isaac maybe next weekend i can go down and see it in person, i finally have the weekends off. I do have drill this weekend but i am available on sat aug 11th if you want me to help you fit your legs a little better.

Ya Mike! I'll take all the help I can get with getting it fitted perfect buddy! Bring those tube stripe stencils too!

Ive had some great times with them during the build. They like to sneak out into the garage when im at work and "help".

once they spray painted a black streak down a thigh... it buffed out lol. they told me "Dad, I love you because you make the best stormtroopers". or "dad, are you making more bad guys"?

i hope its something they remember for years. even the wife is in on it. she can spot the difference between hero and stunt and ANH and ESB tk's lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have since upgraded from the AM chest and back to RT-Mods chest and back.

Here are some photo's of the differences.

20120930_134105.jpg

20120930_134126.jpg

And a picture from a recent troop with the upgraded chest and back.

Untitled.jpg