Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper?

Hi,

Greetings from Plymouth, UK.

I'm new and looking for any help and advice. I am only 5 feet 4 inches tall but still wanting to join the ranks of the 501st. I realise that to get amour to fit me with a reasonable amount of mobility will require some major trimming especially in the legs and arms.

Aside from the standard minimum requirements - will this have an effect on whether the armour will be 501st standard acceptable or does it really depend on how it is done?

I would appreciate any comments especially if there are any other short stormtroopers out there that can help.

Many thanks in advance.

Ian

Welcome Ian, your height and build will have nothing to do with being approved. We all can't be in that sweet spot for a screen TK being 5'8"-5'10" and the correct weight. As long as you do your research and take your time to assemble your build to meet the CRL standards you will have nothing to worry about. It's about having fun and being as accurate as you can be that counts, not how your built. Check the forums there are some nice threads about modifying armor for a smaller build.

Contact the UK Garrison for help and advice. There should be no problem getting cleared no matter what height you are but the recruitment officers at the UKG will tell you exactly what their requirements are.

There will be no major problems getting armour to fit you either without any serious part-altering trimming. It would probably make sense to go for a kit which is derived from an original ROTJ/ESB mk II suit, e.g. CfO, ATA or AP, as these tend to be a bit smaller.

My wife is 5'4" and used to wear an AP suit.

Wait a minute...where is Luke's thigh armor in that picture? And why is he wearing an ESB style holster? And why is his detonator not on his belt?

And where the heck is Leia's nose?

Anyways, welcome, Ian.

Hey Ian. Height should not be a deterrent for being a Stormtrooper. My gf, Olga, is only 5'4 and she's currently a Centurion with the FISD and the first Female to do so . A lot can be acheived by creative trimming and boot lifts! She's around 5'7-5'8 with the lifts and helmet on.

I created a small how to on modifying armor for women, or pretty much anyone of a smaller nature and you can check it here: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=18243

There are also some posts by shorter folks giving their suggestions as well. I'm going to eventually have to finish my how to though. :laugh1:

And why is his detonator not on his belt?

Anyways, welcome, Ian.

You mean his rope grapple right? ;)

Welcome to the FISD Ian.

As others have said, head over to : http://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/forum/

You wil get no end of help there. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

With all the help I got from both UKG and FISD I managed to become a trooper. :salute:

Size really does not matter if you want something badly enough!

photo-146.thumb.jpg.a5b0ca4c3e51432063d6711d19f71852.jpg

Thanks for all the advice and support! :jc_doublethumbup:

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Mate I have never seeen anyone with a broader smile than you after that troop!

You looked great mate.

• 2 years later...