New Trooper under construction

Great build man :)

For the weathering, why not let it weather itself? It comes really fast, and looks more natural than if you did it yourself.

But looking good either way ;)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was finally able to take some costume pictures. My wife took the camera today so these were taken on my cell using a self timer. I think I will take my EIB pictures outside so I can get better lighting and detailing. Will these at least work for my 501rst application, so I can that going?

I have two things to do still:

1. I noticed in the pictures that I need to take in the ab section on the left side as it is a little big.
  2. Put in the proper bottom curve to the chest.

I had the snap of the right shoulder guard break on me, so it is not as in tight as it should be, which is also why the rear picture the back is not sitting straight.

Anyone see anything else?

2012-02-23141200.jpg

2012-02-23141201.jpg

2012-02-23141304.jpg

2012-02-23141305.jpg

2012-02-23141324.jpg

2012-02-23141325.jpg

2012-02-23141326.jpg

2012-02-23141327.jpg

Edited by Sparrow

I think the back plate is sitting high because my right shoulder cap snap broke, so it is sitting wonky. I am going to lower the back half inch at the shoulders to a lower button. That should work.

Edited by Sparrow

Make sure that the back is lower, and you might want to raise the left shoulder bell a little bit. All in all you have made a very good looking hero. Well done! :)

Thanks! I shoulder slipped because the shoulder snap, well snapped, so I just taped it in. I'm going to try a few different ways and see about lowering the back a bit

My 501rst application has now been sent off. I didn't even have to send off the pics, my GML was following my build! But I do have a bunch of tweeks to go through before EIB. So the work is not done!

Edited by Sparrow

GML approved my pics so just waiting on my TK number, woot! :dancing-trooper:

I am going to lower the chest slightly, and lower the back slightly to reduce the black gap at the back between the back and kidney. I will also lower the chest to reduce the chances of the chest popping over the ab section as I move.

2012-02-23141327.jpg

To do this I need to make my shoulder straps longer. I have some straps connecting the kidney to the back as well, which I will shorten to pull that tighter. Off to Michaels for more snaps!

The other thing I have been thinking about is to maybe cut the cod and add in an extra 1 inch of material underneath the belt. I don`t need it for mobility, but being I have a long body, the ab section is stretched to the max. An extra inch would be a nice addition I would think. Thoughts? :unsure:

Hmmm I have maybe thought of that, but how well does the latex glue onto the novex gloves?

Not good at all!

But if you get rubber gloves and make sure to use some cotton and/or lycra inner gloves inside the rubber ones, it's quite comfortable.

I have to do something different with my helmet. I have the original foam flower and chin strap, however once I am fully dressed I can't do up the strap! My arms can't get up to my chin! So I am thinking about lining the inside with some basic foam to help secure the fit. Just when you think you think you are almost done!

177.jpg

Took a bunch of costume pics (so I have good pics for my 501st profile), then played around with photoshop, and ended up creating a more appropriate signature. It came out very nice if I do say so :smiley-sw013:

So I have redone the padding on the inside of my helmet. I had the original foam flower and chin strap, however once I am fully dressed I can't do up the strap!

So I cut out some foam and after some tickering, found comfortable placement. It is comfy and feels nice and secure.

IMG_3257.jpg