New Trooper under construction

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I cut my cod. Initially I wasnĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢t going to, but as I like my ab section nice and snug, I discovered that I could in no way use the washroom without taking the armour off. So I made a straight across cut. As I am 6Ć¢ā‚¬ā„¢2, this would also give me the opportunity to lengthen my ab section a little bit, so I added 2 cm of extra space, this gives my cod a little breathing room and a bit more length, thus filling in the thigh black gap a little bit more. I simply used three Velcro strips to hold it in place.

Ā 

IMG_3261.jpg

Ā 

IMG_3266.jpg

Ā 

It stays in position very nicely, and still feels nice and secure. When the belt is on, you cannot tell it is cut at all. The belt covers it perfectly.

Ā 

IMG_3267.jpg

Ā 

IMG_3269.jpg

Ā 

When I need to use the washroom, I just unclip the snap holding the cod to the but plate, lift and away one goes. I left some extra strap on the strap so it is easier to grab a hold of.

Ā 

IMG_3270.jpg

So I did some more work on my sound system. I have the Akers, ICom and Memorex wireless mic. However I could never get the wireless to perform properly, it would always cut out. It was driving me crazy so much so I decided not to use the wireless. But then I couldnĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢t deal with the leash, so I took another look at it, figuring it is just placement. After some tinkering, I got it to work perfectly. It doesnĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢t drop out at all! :smiley-sw013:

Ā 

IMG_3322.jpg

Ā 

IMG_3324.jpg

Ā 

IMG_3326.jpg

Wow, Steve, you Pimped that Helmet. :laugh1: It looks Fantastic. Man I wish I was thinner. I'd love to retire my F/X kit for one of these new kits.

Thanks! As this will be my only costume for a few years, I might as well do it right! Nice to find you on FISD. I have had a few ask about your belt so I now know where to send them! Plus when I apply for EIB I can give you proper credit :smiley-sw013:

Edited by Sparrow

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Sparrow very good attention to detail, i wish more TK in the 501st would do a 1/4 of the work you put into yours. Once you put in for your EIB it should be a easy pass, looking forward to another EIB brother in arms.

• 2 weeks later...

The chest mod is finished. Thank you Pandatrooper! Below is his post on the mod.

Ā 

Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Sparrow asked if I could help mod his chest plate to be more ANH accurate. The SDS armour (after many rounds of recasting by AA himself) has lost the "ogee" shape on the chest plate, originally created by Brian Muir. Some TK nerds like myself try to modify the parts to be more accurate, sooooo......

Ā 

Original SDS chest

Ā 

6886912704_65fc4ce395_z.jpg

Ā 

Added pencil lines to guide how deep the return should be

Ā 

6886913164_e596c3e81a_z.jpg

Ā 

Start heating and creating a return using a heat sealing iron

Ā 

7033009119_1d1a98413f_z.jpg

Ā 

Post return and trimming and some sanding. Will need some polishing if he wants it shiny but no one usually sees the bottom edge except for TK nerds.

Ā 

6886914150_63cf619019_z.jpg

Ā 

Completed chest mod! Ć¢ā‚¬Å“

Ā 

6886914612_d8b3d9e3c6_z.jpg

Now I start troopin in this puppy! We have the largest si-fi convention Vancouver has ever seen in a couple weeks so it should be a lot of fun! I think we have six events in the next two months. Looking forward to it. But as for costumes, this is it for a while, hence why I got soooo detailed with it