Requesting Denix to do the L2A3

I think that everyone here knows the Spanish brand Denix, which makes good and cheap metal replicas.

As everyone is always trying to find a good base for a E11, I think we should consider sending them requests for a L2A3 replica.

On their website there's a section where you can ask them to make news guns replicas etc. I already sent them a request for the L2A3, and it would be great if as many troopers as possible can do the same. If at Denix they see that it would be a success, maybe they would start making L2A3s replicas... Like they did with the USM1 or the Desert Eagle, which were made because of the high demand.

Anyway, here's the link : http://www.denix.es/...g=en&upLevel=52

Tell me what you think about it, but IMO it would be GREAT. A cheap metal replica with working cocking lever and folding stock... :wub:

Edited by moonwalker
  • Like 1

a working L2A3 replica is nothing like any of the other weapon replicas they have on site.

it would be great to have an accurate replica out there.

I wrote on the form asking for builds as well.

got a response form denix :) and it doesn't appear to be automated..

Dear Mason,

Thank you very much for your interest in our articles and sincerely thanks for your suggestion.

We take good note of it and will study the possibilities to develop this item in the future.

Best regards,

Jaime Llull

DENIX, S.A.

i would urge anyone that reads this thread to take a few seconds to request that they make the sterling L2A3 . this could really be a good thing for all troopers if they decide to produce a accurate affordable sterling replica :) i would think a few hundred request would get there attention :P

im pinning this thread for now ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does sell there weapons with a certifacte?

In germany you need a certificate that it's an unusable weapon after the KWKG -War Weapons Control Act , cause it's a weapon of war.

If they don't, i not want to see the face of the customs officer.

As it was never a real weapon no Denix needs any certification in Germany. And it´s deco status is approved and confirmed by the BKA mark, the rhombic symbol stamped in the metal.

The Denix Mauser has it on the left sided recess above the trigger, and the MGC Mauser has it stamped on the underside of the mag cover.

BUT - these deco weapons are still not allowed to be carried or displayed in public, nor freely approachable to any visitor of the house - due to them looking as a real weapons, they fall under the "Anscheinswaffen"/"Gun lookalike" para....... Not useable for trooping, but for displaying in your house/apartment in a closed showcase under glass (or whatever you do to assure noone can grab it an toy with it in public). The same rules as with any deactivated real gun.

As it was never a real weapon no Denix needs any certification in Germany. And it´s deco status is approved and confirmed by the BKA mark, the rhombic symbol stamped in the metal.

The Denix Mauser has it on the left sided recess above the trigger, and the MGC Mauser has it stamped on the underside of the mag cover.

That was it what i want to know, thx!!

BUT - these deco weapons are still not allowed to be carried or displayed in public, nor freely approachable to any visitor of the house - due to them looking as a real weapons, they fall under the "Anscheinswaffen"/"Gun lookalike" para....... Not useable for trooping, but for displaying in your house/apartment in a closed showcase under glass (or whatever you do to assure noone can grab it an toy with it in public). The same rules as with any deactivated real gun.

Exactly , i know.

But you have to show the customs that you are allowed to have this Weapons, cause of this "Anscheinswaffen"/"Gun lookalike" para. ;)

Well you have to prove that you a have a demand for them.

Maybe a less problem cause the seller is in the EU ( so maybe no customs) and cause a member of the 501st could appoint the 3. passage of § 42 here in Germany.

http://www.buzer.de/...162/a154423.htm

Edited by Turrican

There are several companies/websites in Germany that sell Denix in their Internet-shops - if they sell a gun-replica free to everyone (at least over 18) as the usual Denix stuff, then all needed permissions are handled by Denix and approved via the BKA mark. Then you are completly free to own and display it at your home, as long as you take care that noone has access to it without your knowing/OK. (same as with securing your kitchen knifes, deko-sword, car, garden/splitting-axe, or lawn mover from any misuse - as the owner you are responsible when someone uses your stuff to harm or threaten anyone else)

If they wouldn´t offer it (or only to those customers with needed permission) - then you better don´t have it without having the permission, too ...... no matter if bought secondhand or sneaked over any border.

• 2 weeks later...