SW1's RS 1mm - 1.5 PVC Build

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Nick , yes the PVC is ultra glossy mate B) , i will take some pics of the arms in natraul light so you can see how glossy they are ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Right the RS is 95% done now just need to add drop boxes and attach holster and TD and do some painting and the weathering ;)

Ā 

Ā 

The thighs

Ā 

DSCF5814.jpgDSCF5813.jpgDSCF5812.jpgDSCF5815.jpgDSCF5817.jpgDSCF5818.jpgDSCF5821.jpgDSCF5822.jpgDSCF5823.jpgDSCF5825.jpgDSCF5826.jpgDSCF5827.jpgDSCF5770.jpgDSCF5760.jpg

And also the shins and bells and biceps and forearms .

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

DSCF5845.jpgDSCF5846.jpgDSCF5847.jpgDSCF5849.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

And the Tantive Holster from RS ;)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

DSC02470.jpgDSC02472.jpgDSC02473.jpg

@ Paul , do you mean i dont have the female snaps level with the cap rivits mate ? , if so i know why this is because i put the male snaps on the abb ,before i got the belt and because i wanted the top of the belt to slightly cover the bottom button on the plate thats the only place i could put the female snaps , also i noticed its going to be very tight to put the drop boxes elastics in between the female snaps and the end cap rivits but after looking at the origanal belt you can the elastics have quite a bit worn out of them in the middle like half a circle or were they cut back in the day from having the same probleam ;) .

Ā 

Ā 

belt4.jpg

Both points really mate.

Ā 

You can see on the original belt (and on other originals) that the snap is at least half way into the ammo box on each end where niether of your snaps are which leaves you hardly any room for the elastic on the drop boxes. You can still fit the drop boxes but you will have to almost cut the elastic all the way across in order to slip it between the rivet and snap.

Ā 

For future reference with the ab snaps it would be best to offer your plastic ammo belt to your ab plate and mark the middle of each end ammo block on your ab plate so you know where to fit them. Fitting them by eye (which I think you have done) has not left you with hardly any room for the drop box elastic. If you had gone any wider then I don't think you would have a chance with the drop box elastic.

Ā 

The other nitpick is not putting the snaps in the midddle of the belt. I see this all the time and personally I don't like to see it (especially on more accuate suits). There just is no reason not to put them in the middle of your belt.

Ā 

Last nitpick is your tube stripes. You have put them on the wrong side.

Ā 

Hopefully now you don't have any more nits to pick :laugh1:

Some good advisery points there Paul all taken aboard ;) , i never did like them tube strips so thats a result ;) i mean i used french blue might go for humbrol medaterian blue ;)