501st Requirements For Attaching Thermal Detonator

I know it's required to have 1"~ wide metal clips for EIB, but could I attach the thermal detonator straight to my belt for 501st Legion approval? I've looked and searched locally for something (anything) that would work as a clip to bend and shape, but no luck. I've tried looking for banker's clips (office teapot), camping table clip-ons (walmart), and straight alu pieces (home teapot), but to no avail... even, tried to bend stainless steel scale (ruler), but was too flimsy. I'm on the list for TK4702's clips, but I was hoping that I could submit application and pics this weekend (I don't want to lose my TK number available...)... :unsure:

Thanks!

Edited by senna1rossi

It'll ultimately be up to your garrison GML (and you might want to contact him about it before you commit to anything), but It looks like the CRL allows for a direct attachment:

Thermal Detonator

• (a.k.a. O2 canister) attaches to the back of the belt. This is a gray cylinder between 2” and 2.5" in diameter with white end caps on each end, and a white control panel pad, with controls closest to the right end cap.

I had actually got some thin galvanized sheet metal/aluminum from Home Depot. It bends easily and has held up well. As a quick fix I seen guys in my Garrison with small thin clips off of a car accessory mirror from Meijer(a market/Walmart type store) I have not seen it at Walmart though :(

I hope this helps. Good Luck

I created my clips by taking an old money clip that I never used and used a hacksaw to cut it in half. I then drilled a hole in each half to rivet to the ABS. It wasn't too hard and stays on very well.

2011-10-16%2B22.10.59.jpg

On 11/17/2011 at 9:33 AM, Striker said:

I seen guys in my Garrison with small thin clips off of a car accessory mirror from Meijer(a market/Walmart type store) I have not seen it at Walmart though :(

I just did this same thing. Went to AutoZone, found $3.50 cent mirror that had two small metal clips on it.

-----------

Bolted them on.

Note these are not 1" wide, they are maybe 1/2 inch wide. If EIB requires 1" wide clips, well in my case they will be wider then the actual back of the flat areas on the TD.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

You can find metal bars at any home depot or lowes. Get them in a 1/16th inch thickness and they're easy enough to bend and very sturdy once they're done.

This is the tutorial I used to make mine. It's very comprehensive and not very difficult to follow: ---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

if your planning on getting Jessie's clips and need a quick fix i would use plastic strips as Karin suggested . here is a guide from pandatroopers AM build thread----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 4 weeks later...