TK3390 Requesting Deployment.[36][FX]

Hello Admin. Staff,

I am requesting ANH deployment. I have these photos to start with, hopefully it works. It was a little difficult running back and forth on my camera timer. My apologies. Hope these pics will suffice. Thank you

BackSide.jpg

LeftSide.jpg

RightSide.jpg

FullBody.jpg

Moved to Correct area.

One question: Do you have a holster? Per Elite Status requirements, the holster MUST be attached to the belt, on the left side. Although you do not have one showing, I want to make sure that is always the case.

I also need to check internally if that is an option for status, or a requirement, since the spirit of the standard was to make sure it was on the correct side, and connected to the back of the belt, not slipped over it like most holsters.

Everything else looks good, great example of what the thread should include.

I will be back to you shortly. Please continue to clean the galley until I return...... :D

:trooper:

Ok, my GGG Brother, I am going to sound like a Hard a$$ right now, but I am not pointing these things out because I'm trying to be mean...The Ab buttons look a little big :unsure: , and how did you attach your TD to your belt?

Ya we are not being mean just trying to make this detachment the best it can be... I had to repaint my helm more then 3 times and the damn teeth..... but at the end i am glad it was pointed out.

Your butt crack love what u did very ESB style, but i think u might want to have your belt ride a little higher so that u get that ahn floating butt crack.

But other then the buttons looks awesome!

Congrats on waht u did!!!

Hello All,

Thanks for the constructive critics. Here are some more pics to cover your questions. Trying to take pictures with your helmet on/off gets pretty hard. Let me if there is anything else I need to get 501st qualify.

**Keeping the belt above the butt plate:

Some advice: I'm having problems keeping the the belt in place. The belt moves a lot unless I velcro/snap it onto the armor. What did you guys do to keep it in place? The belt sags at the holster and TD due to the weight. Did you put ABS to support the canvass?

1) Holster attached to the left side: http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc252/c...er/Stand-by.jpg

2) Bottons supplied from the FX kit: http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc252/c...ger/Buttons.jpg

Are there smaller buttons used beside these?

3) The belt: http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc252/ciscotiger/Belt.jpg

The belt again: http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc252/c...tiger/Belt2.jpg

4) Thermal Detonator: http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc252/ciscotiger/TD.jpg

TD Opened: http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc252/c...er/TDOpened.jpg

**Keeping the belt above the butt plate:

Some advice: I'm having problems keeping the the belt in place. The belt moves a lot unless I velcro/snap it onto the armor. What did you guys do to keep it in place? The belt sags at the holster and TD due to the weight. Did you put ABS to support the canvass?

Yes! I have two pieces of ABS placed inside my canvas belt to support the holster and TD. My holster is snapped thru the ABS to provide the strength I wanted. My TD clips onto my belt and sits on the ABS on the backside of my belt. I also have a small strip of ABS that is riveted in place to hold my cuffs.

Hello All,

Thanks for the constructive critics. Here are some more pics to cover your questions. Trying to take pictures with your helmet on/off gets pretty hard. Let me if there is anything else I need to get 501st qualify.

Your armor looks fine to get into the 501st, but you have applied for Elite Deployment, so we are being Picky because of this...I hope you are not thinking that you need to get elite status to join the 501st :unsure:

The TD looks good to me...Heres Mine...

ROTJ600.jpg

ROTJ500.jpg

ROTJ2-2.jpg

The ab buttons look to be the right color but they are way to big and need to go, you can get the correct sized ones from a fellow trooper on these boards...here is a pic of the correct sized ANH ab buttons...

AB1.jpg

your holster needs two more rivets on the bottom in the end, you holster should ride on your belt like this...

ANHHOLSTER5.jpg

I hope these pics help B):salute:

Yes! I have two pieces of ABS placed inside my canvas belt to support the holster and TD. My holster is snapped thru the ABS to provide the strength I wanted. My TD clips onto my belt and sits on the ABS on the backside of my belt. I also have a small strip of ABS that is riveted in place to hold my cuffs.

Another option is to sew or attach some Velcro on the back side of your belt and on the kidney plate (this is what I did). Works well, and can be removed if you ever really wanted to. The real issue is with FX, there is no built in separation, so we have to cut it ourselves. Then the issue becomes the separation is higher on the FX than it is on two piece armor, like AP or TE2. At the end of the day, the split is simply higher than it is an more accurate armor, so it is hard to keep the belt in place. Ed's suggestion is a good one, and works on his armor. I think mine worked as well.

As for the buttons, I have to agree. You are correct they are the one's that came with the FX, but they are truly much larger than those on the screen, and it is rather obvious, if you look at them side by side.

Your AB Buttons:

CloseUp.jpg

Converted:

submit4.jpg

These are both on an FX ab, but you can see the difference. I realize the standards do not denote the size; but it is a noticeable difference. This is similar to my issue with Ed's frown. It meets the letter of the standard, but really needs to be altered to be considered screen accurate.

If you do a search for Ab buttons here (within the FISD forums), you will find what you are looking for. Also, you can look to find a smaller replacement of what you have already, and do them yourself. Obviously, you have done a tremendous job finding the right paint, now all you need is a smaller snap or button to replace the FX buttons.

Excellent job, and please do not be discouraged. An FX kit is the hardest thing to work with and get Elite Status with (and boy, do I know that!!!). The work and progress you have already made is to be commended. Keep it up, you are almost there!!!

Scott

Bernard has it right - these requirements are for Elite status, hence the attention to detail.

Don't feel put out - it took me three or four goes to get my chest/back to hang right. The butt plate was tough - even for an ANH suit. I had to add a little foam to get it to sit right. Maddening at times, but once your done, it's done :)

Hey Anthony, I can't find a record for 3390 in the Legion database. Are you a new applicant and this is the ID you're asking for, or an inactive member returning to active status?

Hello Paul,

I put in my app in July as a new applicant, but I did not know there was another step to take to get the TK#. The menu for the TK# I saw was in the "My Controls". Was there another way to input a TK#? If you can set me up with my TK#, that'll be great!!! :D

TK numbers are assigned officially by the Legion with verification from local Garrisons. Has Ian (GGG CO) approved your costume?

• 5 months later...
Hello again,

I finally had time to have pics taken today while trooping at a Star Wars Luau birthday party

Here are some pics of all the changes recommeneded to be ANH Elte. I changed the ab buttons, cut the belt edges, removed the silver tape from the Thermal Detonator, and added (4) rivets for the holster.

I had a garrison mate help take the pics today, she did her best, tried adjusting the DH and made it crooked and then knocks off the end cap...

EliteSubmission-Frt.jpg

EliteSubmission-Lft.jpg

TKEwok.jpg

Payback Ewok for EP. VI, photo taken at WonderCon 08'

Hope these pics work or if I need to do anything else, let me know. Thanks

Thanks Bernard, Spug took the pics when I was trooping at a Star Wars theme Luau party this past weekend. If better pics are needed, let me know. I can never get them just right without a little mishap. It'll just take me a month to get anything done though.... :rolleyes:

Don't forget the blaster detail closeup.

Here we go :) , still looking for a MR E-11 at a "reasonable" price, but here is my Hasbro for now.

BlasterE-111.jpg

BlasterE-112.jpg

Crosshair1.jpg

Blastere-113.jpg

Thx guys!

Anthony,

You are 99% of the way there. Bucket looks great, blaster details are all set, Ab buttons look good.

My issue now is with the separated butt, and kidney plate. I can imagine if I look close on one pic that the belt sneaks behind the butt plate, but in all other shots, there is no noticeable separation.

Here is what I need to ask: If it is there (and I am pretty sure it is), see if you can find a way to either hike up the belt, or lower the split. You can do this either using Velcro to hold the belt up, or cut a small strip off the belt to make the separation more distinguished.

It looks great, and like I said, you are sooooooo close. I just would not feel right assuming the separation is there, and it not being a part of the submission.

Look forward to an updated pic very soon.

Thanks,

Scott

I'd say lower the butt. FWIW, I have to say getting this to sit right was the hardest part of getting my armor adjusted and since I have no an impolite person I had to put a little padding back there as well. Took forever it seemed! I say this only so you know you're not the only one to have butt issues, and not to get discouraged :)