S-Trim : Do You Glue It?

Hedjii72

When you come to fit your neck trim it is best to cut the end about 10mm longer than you think and force it on. This will keep it tight on your helmet and won't keep falling off.

Ā 

If it does keep coming off then simply run a bead of glue in one of the channels and stick it on your helmet :)

Well i'm not having a problem with my neck trim, but i am for my brow. My brow sags a little in the middle, and i was thinking of gluing it but I was thinking what might be good if I ever wanted to take the trim off and it hit me, double sided tape!!! My thoughts was take a strip of it, line up the middle of the tape with the edge of the plastic and press it on so that its on both sides of the plastic.....

Ā 

1V7UFAk.jpg

Ā 

Then slip the trim on over that and I would think it would hold it pretty good..... its funny how much we use paint for our hi tech diagrams :laugh1:

On my trooping helmet I put a few dabs of white glue just to make sure it doesn't try and come off. My only fear with CA glue is that it could fog the area around the neck trim as it dries.

All you need is a couple of drops in the groove of the rubber trim that fits onto the helmet edge. Then a touch of zip kicker and its done in a second. Dont use zip kicker near the lenses or on painted surfaces as it will stain or remove paint.

Ā 

I put a dab on each ear area, chin area and back area.

CA = cyanoacrylic glue. Also called Super Glue, Krazy Glue, etc. The specific formulations vary from brand to brand, but it's essentially all the same stuff. You can get it at any local drugstore, hobbystore, home improvement store, department store (e.g. WalMart), etc.

I scream at it. "STAY STAY, good s-trim" ,so far its workd for me :laugh1:

Ā 

i guess i have been lucky never had a issue with it.

Yup, I will definitely glue this sucker up. It was a PITA to put on the helmet and later put on the rubber afterwards... where do you get this CA glue? eBay? Home Depot?

Ā 

I get mine here: http://www.hobby-lobby.com/hobby_lobby_glues_accelerators_466_ctg.htm

Ā 

2oz of the stuff is enough to do almost an entire suit.

Thanks. Will do my best to get it before my next troop

Ā 

Just as an FYI, I usually use the Medium (purple). The thin stuff is SUPER runny and will get all over everything. Then again, it's all personal preference.

super glue loves to run and drip.

Ā 

small amounts of the slow cure work great.

Ā 

you have to be careful not to press too hard or you can leave dimples in the rubber.