hwt build

Hey guys im currently in the works with making a HWT, but had a few questions. i see that the thermal says that its not present when the backpack is. does that mean the backpack is optional? i am making ata abs tk, and i have a paldron, a t21, and a ammo pouch. i was gonna have a e11 holster on the left side the ammo pouch on the right. would that be acceptable? also are plain black cotton work gloves acceptable for the gloves or do the need to be the rubber ones?

Edited by out0fstep

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you checked the Costume Reference Library for the HWT? If you haven't here's the link http://www.501st.com...ostuming:TD_hwt. Also, i'm not sure how familiar you are with the EIB and Centurion requirements. Blue is EIB and red is Centurion. These are optional but are availbile to you if you want your costume to be more "screen accurate." Black is the "core requirements" to become 501st approved. Hope this helps.

Edited by Turtle84

<p> </p>

<div>The thermal should not be weared and the backpack is required. One mandatory pouch on the shoulder and the one on the right side. Nothing should be weared on the left side of the belt although a third pouch is allowed and you can put it there. But no, no holster. And for the gloves, I used nomex flight gloves for EIB and basic 501st but for Centurion only rubber gloves and rubber/latex handplates should be worn.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>Hope this helps bro ;)</div>

Ā 

as long as the ammo pouches are mp40 style, they're ok (i guess) but i believe the one in the right isn't..

Ā 

if it helps, i went with these back when i started my hwt.

Ā 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/German-WWII-MP-40-Green-Magazine-Pouch-Set-MP-40-MP40-/290582813936?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a815dcf0#ht_1631wt_982

Ā 

and one they got here i dyed them in black

The pouches should match the same as used by sandtroopers, as we copied HWT accessories straight across from MEPD.

Ā 

The pack is a mandatory item, but we recognize that at times while trooping people ditch the pack, hence the note that they can wear it if the pack isn't worn.

so the left one is yes? i just got back from the hardware store with bunches of parts to start making a pack. i was wondering what everyone was using for the bottom left and top right boxes? i didnt see any tupperware style boxes that really matched those. also how strict is the main boxes? here is a pic of the stuff i got. i still need little plastic bowls and the boxes, what color paints do i need to get also?

Ā 

2011-09-11%2B19.57.30.jpg

<p> </p>

<div>The thermal should not be weared and the backpack is required. One mandatory pouch on the shoulder and the one on the right side. Nothing should be weared on the left side of the belt although a third pouch is allowed and you can put it there. But no, no holster. And for the gloves, I used nomex flight gloves for EIB and basic 501st but for Centurion only rubber gloves and rubber/latex handplates should be worn.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>Hope this helps bro ;)</div>

Ā 

on http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TD_hwt it says that a holster is acceptable? not sure but isnt that the 501st? lol im confused

ok so with all my google-fu i found several styles of packs, all with slight variations.

Ā 

samples.jpg

Ā 

as for now my pack will resemble the first one there (top left) but was wondering there are a few there that use tubing in various ways, also some have a pole on the left side thats smaller then the motar tube on the right, also some with tubes attached to that, and lastly some had antennas. so im wondering how strict the packs are to be 501st approved? like if i wanted to sometime like the third pick on the bottom left and then add an antenna to my storage box, and maybe some LEDs. would all that be acceptable if im still like the top left style?

this is what i have so far, i get my seed trays tomorrow, gonna also go see if i can find the 2 project boxes, are they the same size?

Ā 

2011-09-12%2B17.38.13.jpg

Ā 

this is kinda what i had in mind, id connect the radio and storage with a tube,

add the side bar on the left side, and add an antenna to the storage box

Ā 

prototype.jpg

I'm not really sure about the pack's requirements... You'll have to check out with the MEPD detachment, or any pack expert that's in FISD. Try asking Quartermaster, he's the one that built my pack.