hwt build

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Matt. Quartermaster here. Your TD style pack build is looking great. Just wanted to add some info for you...

Ā 

1. The frame on the TD style pack should have a 33 degree bend on the down tubes.

009.jpg

010.jpg

Packpre1.jpg

Ā 

2. There is no antenna on the TD or Game Version of the HWT pack. I have added it to some of my Game Version pack builds at the request of the buyer, but have made it removable so that it will pass EIB in the photos.

Ā 

3. LED lights in the radio dial also very cool, just make sure you have them off for your submission pics.

Ā 

There are some excellent vendors over at the MEPD for very specific and screen accurate parts if you are looking for stuff. Let me know and I would be happy to steer you in the right direction.

thats guys, yea i got a heat gun and bent the pipes, just had to make time to go back out to pick one up lol, the antenna is removable, i used the metal screw peice so i can unscrew it off if needed. got my cistern thing from gordon too, so now i have pretty much all the peices, just assembling them now.

Ā 

TD TK, im making a HWT for me and my wife is making a TK lol.

i need to confirm that the 3rd ammo pouch can be switched with a holster like it states on the 501st site req for the hwt. the holster needs to be riveted to my belt, and before i do that, i need to know officially if it is accepted with that build?

Ā 

GMLs?

If that's what the CRL states, that's what it states. You can use snaps or Chicago screws instead of rivets for the holster and then simply unsnap it when not in use. Or, use rivets on the outside for cosmetic purposes and then use snaps or even just velcro on the inside of the belt to affix the holster. The external rivets/snaps will be covered by the ammo pouch in any event.

That's what I have planned, but I haven't done it yet though. Use chicago screws to remove the holster when I'm trooping with the HWT. Beats the hell out of having to buy a new belt

Ā 

yea i think im gonna pick these up today, and actually the forums states that an ammo pouch can be worn in place of the 3rd ammo pouch. do you use the 2 ammo boxes on ur hwt? i see that 501st basic they are ok to use, but the higher levels dont use them

The third pouch on the left hip is optional, you can take it on and off as you like, but the pouch on the right hip and left shoulder are mandatory for 501st/EI/Centurion. I bought three of 'em, so I use them all. Personally, the more the merrier. I think it looks cooler ;)