Prototype RS Suit

Hey guys, just thought I would share these images here. We had a friend of ours take some shots of one of the test suits we built a few weeks ago. It proved to be a valuable excersise as we identified some areas that needed looking at. We have since created new tools for the complete torso section which, as Brain Muir has previously told us, need more curvature. For reference this suit is an exact replica of the parts of Simon's, trimmed and built to the same size exactly. The guy wearing it is 6'1" and slim build. We are a little way off yet but I hope this shows us moving in the correct direction.

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

Best, Rob.

Comming along nicely there Rob , good advice there from Mr Muir , i am sure you will be there with the little tweeks :) .

Sent you a email at RS PROPS just regarding my 1.5mm abs glossed helmet , if you could check it out mate and come back to me ;) .

You're definetly too used to ROTJ based fan armor. I think it looks wicked cool .Personally I'd love an untrimmed suit just like the original parts are with all that warping and stuff present and not corrected. But I'm probably a minority.most issues are just assembly and trimming. The forearms are correct to ANH as most fan suits are ROTJ based or fan sculpted as the original ROTJ suit which was cast only had one arm present and TE made a hugely fat fan sculpt for the other side. No huge fat forearms in ANH.Those shoulder bells are making me drool. The only ones I've seen close to that look is the TM which is a testament to his own sculpting skill.

You've done a wonderful job Rob and Si and I hope you listen to TM as he will make sure things are nothing but perfect.

Ben

Edited by Gizmo

He looks a little famished.

I guess the slender build (of the suit), particularly the forearms give me that impression.

I'm probably in the same boat as the others here with having seen too many fan-made/built suits and have become used to that.

It might come down to personal preference too, what do I know...

Edit: Two right forearms? I see the raised edge on the left one (where the cover strip goes) is on the back.

Edited by MartinSivertsen

• 1 month later...